Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juewls davis 777

vicious circle

I don't want to name names so I will tell you my problem in a story form not using the real names of people involved. In our family we have one whom seems to be destroying all the good that we are all trying to do. Each of us are working hard to acheive different goals. But this one person is constantly taking/asking or even stealing in the past. The problem is mainly with the main/lead of the family whom takes the brunt of it financially. Having all their weekly income taken in ine form or another. They wont do anything about it because of love/loyalty and some fear. I cant do anything because this would put the main victim at risk. It affects me deeply. Bringing on a feeling of being trapped in a vicious circle and depression. Whats the point attitude. An inheritance was given to the family and this person used a lot of it and squandered it. This really annoys me and leads me to feelings of resentment. I have prayed for years. But nothing changes.

What is it that you are asking for Juewls? Prayer? Counsel?

My question: Are you the only person who sees what's going on and that is feeling trapped in the cycle?

Hi. I would like prayer and counsel. No I am not the only one feeling trapped. The main person is traped daily and comes to me for support.

Ooops, sorry it's taken me long to respond...the holidays have been crazy!

If the person who is the "victim" is knowingly in the situation and isn't stepping up to do anything about it, then there isn't anything that you can do.  I believe God has made you aware and allowed you to see these things so you can pray.  Prayer is powerful.  We say it, but when we pray, things shift.  We may not see it right away, but the moment you open your mouth and speak God's will over the situation, things are immediately set in motion.  I would say to first pray for the person who is suffering because of the individual.  They need boldness and confidence to rise up and say "STOP!".  No one can do anything to you unless you allow them to.

It's the devil that comes to steal, kill and destroy.  This person is being used of the enemy and everyone involved must fight this thing in the spiritual realm so it can stop in the natural.

I will pray God's perfect will into this situation and also pray for boldness over each person involved.  The person who is doing the damage is the one showing the most boldness and they are definitely the one in the wrong.  It may come to a point where you will have to get bold with the person who is coming to you for support.  You may have to give them some hard truth and help them get strong enough to stand their ground.

This situation sounds horrible, but nothing is too hard for the Lord...absolutely NOTHING!

Be encouraged...God sees it all!  Praying...