Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justicarjamie

The Bible miniseries

I haven't seen much of it either. What I did see looked really violent which I guess a lot of the Old Testament is rather violent. I'd also like to know what others think of it. Are any of you doing the study that goes with it? Wondering how unbelievers are recieving it or are they even watching?

I watched about three minutes of it. The very beginning of the show they completely changed the way Lot and Abraham parted and I changed the channel. I cannot watch something that is fact and have the facts changed to suit the movie. I don't enjoy it being angry at my television so I changed the channel because I figured if they couldn't get through the first three minutes without completely deviating from the facts the rest of it wasn't going to be much better and there was no way I was going to sacrifice that much time to something that was going irritate me week after week.

I knew I wasn't going to watch it when I began hearing about it. There is something about mixing Hollywood with the Bible. I have found that when movies like these are made, their is always a compromise to be "politically correct" instead of expressing the truth uncompromisingly.

It's sad, but so true...

I'm not happy that they would steer away from the truth of the Bible, but I can't say I'm surprised either. I've heard the show is very popular and even non Christians are watching it. But if it differs from the Bible, I cannot watch it either...*sigh*

please don't look down on me for this, I respect your opinions very much....my mother feels the same way but for my family The Bible has been somewhat of a blessing to us.
It has given ME the chance to open my bible up while sitting next to my unsaved husband and our two kids as a family and read the Word!! I have my bible on my lap while we watch. I've been using my bible to go over the whats being showed and we discuss it. Our children know the miniseries is just a "hollywood" production, and my husband is being exposed to the real truth of God's word by my readings during the show. This has been the only opportunity for our children to sit and read the bible with their dad. And it has been a great stepping stone for interesting discussions between my husband and I and I'm so grateful for that. Anyway, just my point of view

Angelwings wrote:
please don't look down on me for this, I respect your opinions very much....my mother feels the same way but for my family The Bible has been somewhat of a blessing to us.
It has given ME the chance to open my bible up while sitting next to my unsaved husband and our two kids as a family and read the Word!! I have my bible on my lap while we watch. I've been using my bible to go over the whats being showed and we discuss it. Our children know the miniseries is just a "hollywood" production, and my husband is being exposed to the real truth of God's word by my readings during the show. This has been the only opportunity for our children to sit and read the bible with their dad. And it has been a great stepping stone for interesting discussions between my husband and I and I'm so grateful for that. Anyway, just my point of view

Praise God thumbs

Angelwings wrote:
Awesome anglewings.. praise God. i was thinking the same when i was watching the miniseries.. its starting to open up a lot of Christian eyes and get people interested in reading some of the stories...
im so glad that your family has started a discussion on the bible!! PTL

thanks! And I agree sisterinchrist!
I hope I didn't come off the wrong way...just wanted to share a different point of view. The show has been such an intense debate among everyone. I rather not debate about it, I respect everyone's opinions and choice to decide to watch or not watch. As with most movie's taken from a book....its never the exact same as the book. The Bible isn't just any book, so it's going to stir up some intense emotions and debate.
It stinks that they are breezing through the stories pretty fast, cutting a lot out and changing up some things...but I didn't expect it would be done to the T, especially since its being broadcast on the History Channel. I questioned it right away just because of the History Channel alone.

hi friends... just wanted to share my thoughts... i watched a couple more episodes and im very disheartened how much they changed it.... at first it was just a little ..but then wow... im shocked that people who directed the movie seemed to really want to do the right thing.. but its one thing to change a minor details to fit such a long book, totally get it...but wow, they changed so much...

Sad. just my thoughts ... no debates :)

I just bought the bible tv show episodes and I like it, I like the part when god used moses to part the red sea, that's my favorite part in it because it shows how much power and what even more god can do. its a real inspiration for me. even though some people don't like it I think its fine. same here im not trying to do a debate either.