Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tkay

Needing answer's, but not sure sometimes, when God is speaking to me

I have been praying for a while now about several things. When my heart is involved and I am emotional, too close to the situation, it is really hard for me to know sometimes when God is speaking to me. I know sometimes Satan will put things or thoughts or feelings or whatever it is he knows you want in front of you just to toy with you. There are times when I will have something on my heart and I will read something or a thought will come to mind and I have an aha moment and I think oh, that makes sense. Or it causes me to think of something else and I seemingly have an answer or at least an idea. I even have a little peace about it. But then later doubt sets in and I start to question. He keeps telling, this I know for sure to BE STILL. I have always had a hard time with that. When I am still and I am not anxious, thoughts come to mind and I feel somewhat better. I think okay, I get it. I see what he is saying, but the fear and doubt come in again. I know where the fear and doubt come from, It seems I am in constant battle with this. I have also asked for an answer to come in a dream or something. Sometimes I get a dream that I clearly remember, but I can't always figure out the meaning or what he is trying to say to me. I have also figured out that my feelings and even my perceptions of things can't be trusted sometimes. I guess my question is when I am seeking answer's, I want to know for sure, if is from God, and how do I know with out a doubt. I have also prayed for answer's on this and my heart and emotions are in a mess. I am praying for someone and a situation that I have asked for prayer about on the prophetic dream ministy site, before this site. Would really like some answer's.
Thanks,
Trina

One thing that I can say is that God can speak through anyone or anything--you just have to be open to HIS speaking. May I suggest that with you, God may be showing you that you need to rest in Him and have patience. I dealt with this delimma before: "God, how do I know that's you?" "what are you saying?" Satan doesn't know what you're thinking and he doesn't know the future (as some would believe) only God does, but Satan can see how you handle situations and facial expressions shown when a situation comes up, and he can later influence your actions; try to tempt you. Am I making sense?

When trying to hear from God, anything he says will not go against his word-ever. That's why it IS important to know his word-because if you don't know, you can be easily deceived. Even if God does tell you to do something out of your comfort zone, it will eventually line up with his word and be "decent and in order." God deals with your spiritual man, and Satan is all about the flesh. Doing something in/of your flesh, is not of God. "In the mouth of two to three witnesses" a word is established. God brings confirmation to what He has or will tell you. Just be patient, and ask God to show you things; when He shows you, tell him to let you know that its him without a doubt. I know with me, I would ask God to show me stuff and he would but doubt/confusion (which is not of God) would creep in. When God shows/tell you something, rebuke confusion or doubt instantly when it comes in. Do you think Satan will let you have what God has told you to, on a silver platter?--I THINK NOT!lol...so, Satan will try to make it hard, but no weapon formed against you will prosper. Cast down every thought that isn't of God and continue to speak peace. Its a constant battle-but you've already won in JESUS NAME!

okay, enough preaching!lol...Just continue to be patient and open to God speaking in many ways!!
glad you're apart of the group
smooches
desiree

one more thing: try writing your dreams down as soon as you wake up (your mind is still fresh)...Even before you go to sleep, ask God to give you peace and to show you something in your dreams (yes, God CAN speak through dreams). GOD WILL DO IT-HE'S DONE IT FOR ME!
I am praying that God give you clarity and what you need
desiree

:D THANK YOU. This seems even harder when you are too close to the situation and your heart is very involved.

Trina,

When you have an aha moment, those are called epiphanies...divine messages. How to tell if they are from God....

The devil only wants to kill, steal and destroy. His messages will not result in peace, comfort, happiness, thanksgiving, joy, or any other fruit of the spirit.

God's messages will be centered on Him, on Jesus, on love, on the fruit of the spirit, on helping others. God's messages will not be "self"-centered. He will of course send messages to minister to you but they will not be spot lighting you they will be spot lighting Him and what He wants to do through you.

What you need to do when those feelings of fear and doubt come is fight. The bible says to take our thoughts captive and to pull down every thought and that is contrary to the Word and our knowledge of God.

The bible says to think on these things (and only these things):

6Be ANXIOUS for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

When fear and doubt try to creep in recognize that those thoughts are not from God because He hasn't given us a spirit of fear. Then recognize that He has commanded us to take those thoughts captive and to toss them out of our heads. Just because a person knocks on your door does not mean you have to let them in your house and just because satan drops a thought of worry and doubt in your mind does not mean that you have to let it stay..kick it out.

If you have to cast down thoughts fifty times a day do it. I did this for about two weeks VERY CONSISTENTLY and after that I didn't have the problem with those thoughts anymore. They come once in a while now but they are a lot easier for me to dismiss and I do it almost automatically now. BUT Once you cast down the thought replace it with the truth. Get out a list of bible scriptures that conflict doubt and have them available to replace negative thoughts with. Meditate on your list of scriptures every time that you start to worry and you will win!

Love,

Mia

Desiree (Starpop) wrote:
One thing that I can say is that God can speak through anyone or anything--you just have to be open to HIS speaking. May I suggest that with you, God may be showing you that you need to rest in Him and have patience. I dealt with this delimma before: "God, how do I know that's you?" "what are you saying?" Satan doesn't know what you're thinking and he doesn't know the future (as some would believe) only God does, but Satan can see how you handle situations and facial expressions shown when a situation comes up, and he can later influence your actions; try to tempt you. Am I making sense?

When trying to hear from God, anything he says will not go against his word-ever. That's why it IS important to know his word-because if you don't know, you can be easily deceived. Even if God does tell you to do something out of your comfort zone, it will eventually line up with his word and be "decent and in order." God deals with your spiritual man, and Satan is all about the flesh. Doing something in/of your flesh, is not of God. "In the mouth of two to three witnesses" a word is established. God brings confirmation to what He has or will tell you. Just be patient, and ask God to show you things; when He shows you, tell him to let you know that its him without a doubt. I know with me, I would ask God to show me stuff and he would but doubt/confusion (which is not of God) would creep in. When God shows/tell you something, rebuke confusion or doubt instantly when it comes in. Do you think Satan will let you have what God has told you to, on a silver platter?--I THINK NOT!lol...so, Satan will try to make it hard, but no weapon formed against you will prosper. Cast down every thought that isn't of God and continue to speak peace. Its a constant battle-but you've already won in JESUS NAME!

okay, enough preaching!lol...Just continue to be patient and open to God speaking in many ways!!
glad you're apart of the group
smooches
desiree

Great message, Desiree.

Love,

mia

thanks Mia,
I have to say, your's was awesome too! We said some of the same things, so you know its God!! I HAVE TO KEEP CASTING DOWN THOUGHTS!!!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop) wrote:
thanks Mia,
I have to say, your's was awesome too! We said some of the same things, so you know its God!! I HAVE TO KEEP CASTING DOWN THOUGHTS!!!
smooches
desiree

yeah. I read your's AFTER i posted mine.

Just a question, but when you guys experience the aha moments or ephiphanies, do you always understand what you are getting. In other words sometimes when I am searching for answer's, I will come across something or read something. I may not necessarily understand how it will help answer my question, but at the same time I still a bit of a weight lifted or feel like it somehow is helping me in some way. Does this make sense? :banghead:

LOL yes that happens to me as well. When that happens I just pray the Lord will reveal the message to me or help me understand...meanwhile i enjoy the peace God gave me through the revelation.

love,
Daph ☕