Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cloud

I prefer Movies over reading...

i prefer movies like the Passion of The Christ and The Gospel of John and a few others about the Old Testament to actual reading...

this could be significant to God or it isn't...

perhaps if/when i actually GET my blessings...i might find it easier to really enjoy READING but right now i find that hard

what's going on here?

Find an easier version of the bible, online perhaps, and start with that. But since this post is over a year old, I surely hope you've established a bible reading habit of some sort by now. However, if you haven't, like I said, try an easy reading version to get you in the habit.

Most importantly, ask God to stir up in you the desire to read HIS word. The enemy of our souls will do his best to keep all desire to read the word of God suppressed.

Also, no matter how good a movie is, it has probably taken some liberties with the script and added in some stuff that is NOT true. So if you don't already know the truth, you'll take in some info as the truth, and when you actually find out the truth, then you're going to have to wash out the lies.

Grace and Peace to you. Hope to hear from you one day that you love reading the Lord's word.