Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

please pray for my husband

I've already posted about the accident my husband had the end of March of this year:
/t12493-manifestation-woman-grabbing-me-by-the-heel
(A ladder collapsed and my husband fell off it and shattered his heel and his right wrist.) This injury is besides a back injury he had in 2004 that makes even walking hard for him at times.

A complication of this accident is an ulcer that has developed on my husband's right foot. This ulcer has been around since May of this year. The doctors have tried dermagraft, apligraf, a regular skin graft, stitching it shut..you name it, they've tried it. Tonight when I was cleaning the wound it didn't look good to me. Sometimes lately I'm like crying crying and at my wit's end because this injury has stolen so much from my husband and our family. It's like our whole lives revolve around going to doctors. Please pray this ulcer WILL HEAL.

I know the evil one may be able to bruise our heels but we get to crush his head. I say now, let it happen now, and not later, and may God be praised for healing my husband body, soul and spirit.

Debora,

I am praying for the restoration, have you considered fasting too? I will pray more as the Lord leads. May the Gracious Lord have mercy on him, I speak healing in his life. Have faith that God will restore what the enemy has taken through this accident.

peter

Thank you so much, Peter! I know a work is going on in my husband that transcends the physical realm!

Peter Odhiambo wrote:
Debora,

have you considered fasting too?

This is exactly what came to my mind...I will be interceding.

i\\'m sorry praying I will be praying to! I am looking forward to a praise report very soon from you!

Im a praying praying and praying. Remember the Lord says in his word, by his stripes we are healed. Stand on that. Hubby is healed.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

That's right, Connie! Thanks, everyone, for your prayers! We're going to see the plastic surgeon about this skin graft Tuesday, I'll keep you all posted.

Deborah wrote:
That's right, Connie! Thanks, everyone, for your prayers! We're going to see the plastic surgeon about this skin graft Tuesday, I'll keep you all posted.
The plastic surgeon does not know why this wound is not healing. He took a culture and did a biopsy--we should get the results in about a week.

Deborah wrote:
Deborah wrote:
The plastic surgeon does not know why this wound is not healing. He took a culture and did a biopsy--we should get the results in about a week.
The culture says infection.

I heard a wonderful audio cd sermon today that was teaching on this set of scriptures...1John4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him[b] because He first loved us.

Father God I thank you for your perfect love that you have for Deborah and her husband! I remind you of your word Lord, that says as YOU ARE Lord Jesus...so is Deborahs husband IN THIS WORLD!I am so glad Lord Jesus that you have NO infections in your body right now, nor will you in the future...and I thank you that as you are healthy and well at the right hand of the Father, I thank you that health and wellness belongs as a blood bought right to Deborahs dear husband! You see the pain, suffering, and sickness that he has been going through for so long...and Lord I thank you that this infection has NO RIGHT in his body, and I thank you for his TOTAL and COMPLETE healing manifesting right now...I also command EVERYTHING the enemy has been trying to steal, that it will be totally RESTORED IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME!!!

The docs are now saying there's no osteomylitis (bone infection) so that's good-the ulcer remains though. This case has the docs stumped. I'm just glad for Doctor Jesus.

Deborah wrote:
The docs are now saying there's no osteomylitis (bone infection) so that's good-the ulcer remains though. This case has the docs stumped. I'm just glad for Doctor Jesus.
That is awesome about the bone infection!!! :praiseg-d: Will continue to pray until the ulcer goes fully away though!!! praying

Yes, well the ulcer appeared in May and unfortunately hasn't healed yet despite continual doctoring. We may have to go to a city that's about 14 hours away for 4 weeks for some intensive treatment. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT!!!!! Another local doctor has another option, but we would have to get approval from worker's compensation for that procedure and of course there's no guarantees even the 4-week procedure will be successful.

Last night I had a dream about a black snake trying to bite me. I've been seeing some awesome life-saving answers to the prayers I pray for other people, but as yet no answers here...

i\\'m sorry I will be praying continually for him...plz continue to update us on this. praying

My husband and I went on a 14-hour train ride (one way) to consult a big-name doctor, only to have my husband's wound get infected after only a few days of following that doctor's advice.

I felt an urgency this morning to consult a local doctor; he saw my husband this early afternoon and admitted him to the hospital and did surgery on him tonight. We are told to expect a week-long stay.

I have learned so much through this. Another woman in the waiting room tonight was waiting through a 4-hour-long surgery her husband had. Yes, I'm weary a lot of times, but many people have steeper mountains to climb than I do. That woman needed prayer and I know that was part of my assignment tonight. As vessels of the Holy Spirit, we are to be a blessing wherever we go, ever vigilant to look for opportunities to help others, even if it is "just" to pray for them. Doctors do not know everything and it is so important to follow God's leading all the time, even if "experts" disagree.

Sometimes we want a clear cut "fix it" answer but sometimes the Lord is waiting for us to move into line with His perfect will for us before the door is opened for us to find that miracle.

Maybe this sounds like I am saying God is teaching you something in this, but I am NOT. I think that we need to align ourselves with His word and constantly speak that truth in obedience. Faith is the evidence of things unseen of things hoped for.

Dearest Deborah, do not despair. Get into your prayer closet and ask Jesus what He wants, what He is saying to you personally about this.

Jesus has a way of wanting all of us you know.

I hope this helps. Keep your focus on Him, not the infirmity. The enemy wants that of us. You know I know about sickness, so please trust Him and focus on HIM at this crucial time for you husband doesn't need your worries, He needs your faith in Jesus to perfect that which He started and His healing WILL happen.

Bless you sister

Deborah wrote:
As vessels of the Holy Spirit, we are to be a blessing wherever we go, ever vigilant to look for opportunities to help others, even if it is "just" to pray for them. Doctors do not know everything and it is so important to follow God's leading all the time, even if "experts" disagree.

You've said a mouthful here Miss Deborah. SOmetimes our situations are not about us, but other people. If your husband didn't have this situation, you would not have had the opportunity to pray with the lady in the waiting room. God ALWAYS turns EVERYTHING the devil brings for evil for the glory of the Lord. Still praying...

Yes, thank you DS and Cholette! I very much believe the doctors we were seeing that were 4 hours away--well they were assignment, not vice versa. When it became clear they had exhausted all their treatment options, particularly one doctor and his entire staff gathered around us and thanked us for how we had treated THEM. I was a little astounded.

The trip 14 hours away was to encourage an Israeli saleswoman and also to minister to my husband's sister.

The local doctor now--we are praying for his father who is very ill.

When my husband first got hurt I got that verse in James that tells us to count it all joy when we fall into various trials. I didn't want that to be my verse. I wanted it to be something like "I am the God that healeth thee."

Do I believe the Lord could reach down right now and heal my husband as he lies in his hospital bed? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Yet so far in this trial I know my heart and my husband's heart have been changed for the better. I know I can testify that God provides--there have been times when I've fretted over bills, only to see a financial miracle the next day or so. Perfect faith, complete, lacking nothing, like James says--that's what God is after in me.

I know I have stumbled in this trial, but God has helped me up every time and I know I owe much of the victories I've had to the prayers others have prayed.

A very famous basketball coach taught his players to always acknowledge those who assisted--so if a player made a basket because someone else had passed the ball to him, that player had to at least nod to his teammate. The message was, "You helped me. I could have not done that without you." So to everyone who is reading this, to everyone who has prayed, I want to nod to you and celebrate your role in what I know is going to be a great victory.

Deborah wrote:

I know I have stumbled in this trial, but God has helped me up every time and I know I owe much of the victories I've had to the prayers others have prayed.

A very famous basketball coach taught his players to always acknowledge those who assisted--so if a player made a basket because someone else had passed the ball to him, that player had to at least nod to his teammate. The message was, "You helped me. I could have not done that without you." So to everyone who is reading this, to everyone who has prayed, I want to nod to you and celebrate your role in what I know is going to be a great victory.
Deborah~You are SERIOUSLY SO PRECIOUS!! A true example of a mature Christian! huggins

A little update here, 11 months later...the wound is slowly healing!!!! The keys have been to take out the traumatized tissue that was around the wound (that's what the last surgery was all about) and also to quit getting the wound wet in the shower like one doctor advised.

Do you guys know e coli resides in even the cleanest water pipes? For us, our well water was contaminated. My husband has had to fight a MRSA infection (an antibiotic-resistant strain) and even at one point a bacteria found in gangrene!!!! Yikes!!!!!! We have had to get an entirely new source of water.

This has indeed been a hard bloody battle. Once this wound heals, then we need to find a doctor who will take the plates and screws out of my husband's foot.

Sometimes it's Christians who have been the most judgmental and least supportive in this battle. I can almost hear them thinking, oh well, if you had faith like ME, you wouldn't be battling this. You guys must be hiding some grievous SIN!!!!! So I'm feeling some days a little like Job, but God has been a faithful friend through it all, giving us the grace we need.

Wow!!! What a trial to endure!! You are one strong woman! I am so happy things are progressing and getting better! Will continue to pray in agreement with you until the full healing manifests. I will also be praying for provision and favor to get a whole new clean and healthy water source. Its really a shame that other christians have been this way with you. I have had similar experiences as well, with judgemental christians. Its very hard, when brothers and sisters who are suppose to love, support, and lift us up end up judging and criticizing instead. I just know God will be so faithful in the end to vindicate you. He will bless you in the presence of your enemies.

Looking forward to a full healing, and Gods awesome provision for you guys. Thanks for updating us, and look forward to hearing more praise reports of Gods faithfulness. :hooray:

The wound is continuing to shrink, little by little, but conversing with my husband tonight, it's clear to me his workaholic attitude has not changed. I guess I thought after a year of me intensely nursing him, my husband's priorities would have shifted, but I don't think they have. I know my year has not been wasted because I've offered up my service as service as unto the Lord, but I think this has been one of the darkest nights of this journey.

I'm so happy that he is getting better Deborah!!! I will be praying about his working habits too. We sure don't want to see him work himself into something similar to this again. You are a saint!! He is a very blessed husband to have a wonderful wife as you to take care of him during this time. As you stated above about you doing these things as a service unto the Lord, I really think the Lord is pleased with your service!!! I think He is smiling down on you stating, 'Well done my faithful one, well done!!!'

This pesky ulcer on my husband's foot was almost healed--it had filled in from the bottom and all the doctors who saw it this May agreed it was almost healed, despite the fact it was still growing funky bacteria according to their cultures. THEN this last Tuesday the doctor told us he wants to do surgery on it yet AGAIN because of the drainage it's having!!!!!! The surgery is tomorrow.

On a positive note, I catch my husband reading the Word pretty much every night now and I can tell his heart is softening.