Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prayingmama

Is this demonic?

Hi!
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.
(I will make the intro as short as possible!)

Back in September, my husband, 3 year old and I went to visit my brother and his family for his birthday. They live with a disabled woman and her teenage daughter. My brother and his wife are Christians, and believe that God told them to give away all their possessions to live with this woman and to take care of her (physically), her daughter and to run their house. In September, they had been living there for almost a year.
The disabled woman had quite an astute life before getting some rare disease that has left her disabled. She lived in Europe for many years and her house is FILLED with all sorts of STUFF from her life. I don't believe she is a Christian.
My family and I had visited my brother several times while they lived in this house and the relationship between my brothers family and this lady and her daughter was good. However, with this last visit, there was obvious tension and it was quite uncomfortable...my brother and his wife spoke with us about the trouble and were seeking God about it. My husband and I prayed for them.
While there, my niece took my son upstairs so that he could see their cat. He's 3 and loves animals. We don't have any pets of our own. They were upstairs for a short while and when they came down stairs, my son immediately started rolling around on the floor, saying he was a kitty cat and wanted to be petted.
At first I thought it was just his imagination and wasn't very concerned about it, but it's been constant ever since then....like everyday...all day.
He refuses that he is a "boy" and instead says that he's a "kitty cat"...he meows and will sometimes crawl around.
My husband is quite bothered by it and won't acknowledge it. I, on the other hand thinking it was just his imagination kind of fed into it and played along.
To be quite honest, my husband wonders if our son didn't 'pick something up' in that house that day and wonders if it's demonic. I didn't think that at first, but because this has gone on now for 3 months, I'm beginning to wonder it myself.

Days after visiting my brother, the lady asked them to leave.

I don't want to get all worried or freaked for nothing, but I don't want to ignore something that should be dealt with either.

Does anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks for any help!

Blessings,
Angie

Our son does have a great imagination, but nothing that he pretends has ever been as consistent or lasted as long.[b]