bathing in basketball coach's office

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bathing in basketball coach's office

Post by Deborah on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:22 am

I had a dream last night about my son's former basketball coach. Now in real life, this guy is ungodly, I'd say almost evil. My son and I prayed for this coach every day of basketball season, but we never saw him have a change of heart, if anything he got worse. The season ended in March. I did hear recently this coach's assistant resigned, citing the way the coach treated my son as one of the main reasons.

So last night I had a dream that I walked into the coach's office, I had to walk through a dark corridor to get there. No one was in the office. I took the cushion off a couch and it became a bath with hot water in it. I took a bath and got dressed. Then I started cleaning the office. I was stunned to see the man had two framed pictures of my son on a table that was opposite his desk. One of those pictures had me in it too and I looked really fat in the picture. So I'm cleaning the office--dusting, scrubbing, trying to remember where to put things back--and the coach walks in. He doesn't seem surprised to see me. He helps me put things back where they belong when I ask. I take a deep breath, remember what the Bible says about how to treat one's enemies, and I ask the coach if he would like to come over to my house and have an evening meal with me and my family. I don't know if he accepted or not, I know the question made him very uncomfortable though, and then I woke up.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bathing in basketball coach's office

Post by dreamster on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:26 am

a most interesrg drm,, im not sure if it is ment 2 be literal, probly not but some key things in it, ,,, the dark corridor sounds likea a dark tme u go thru, ,,thecouch time becomes a cleansing tme, then u cleann afta that,, ,,the coach kood well represent anutha person or event in ur life wher ur having 2 turn the otha cheek,or forgive,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks, D! I think it has to do with forgiveness too. I could very well still be dealing with forgiving this coach for the way he treated my "little" boy (he's 6'8" but he's still my little boy.) The way you put it--you said "couch time becomes a cleansing time" was interesting. When I think of couch time, I think of being with a psychiatrist. It's like I'm dealing with emotional issues and getting cleansed. I put my same clothes back on, so it's like cleansing on the inside more than the outside.
I wonder if the pictures in the office show that my son and I are still very much on this coach's mind--still before him so to speak. And I for some reason have become larger to him in his mind (more intimidating perhaps?)than in real life. When I asked the coach to come eat at my house and he became uncomfortable, I think that shows the coach still hasn't resolved the whole issue in his heart. It can't be because of the food I'd serve, because I am a fabulous and very humble whistle cook.
Thanks again for answering this post.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:19 am

flower lol! im very humble miself,,, lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top