working on a garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down

working on a garden

Post by redeeminglove on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 am

I had a dream that I was working on a garden with a classmate. We're both in the same cohort (class rotation schedule/graduation date) for the education program at our university and have just started the 2nd semester of a 3 semester coursework program. It was the beginning work and there was maybe 1 or 2 shrubs, but nothing else was growing. We both have tools for working on gardens (rakes, hoes, can't remember what were using). We were not talking to each other, nor were we interacting. We were both just working hard on the garden.

Any ideas? I have a few but would like confirmation, please. :)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: working on a garden

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:42 pm

You are both working hard on your school work :) your gardening tools are all the supplies that you need to work such as books and stuff. This could possibly be about the begginging of the semester and you only had a couple projects?

Blessings,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 am

Thank you, Daphanie.

This particular classmate is difficult for me. He is a Christian and he has a rather large crush on me. It's just so hard for me to make myself like him, so I have to ignore him and interact with him only when necessary.

You interpretation lines up with mine.

I felt that since we're still only in the first year of the program, we're kinder(gardeners) and the fact that we have to work in the classroom together is us working on the garden. There's no interaction in the dream. Just work. :)

It's been a tough one on me, but I'm learning to love the ones that make me feel awkward. :)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Emily,
It does look like your last comment about the dream is what the dream was about. God is showing you that you are not just schoolmates but you are working in the Lord's garden together too. We might be the gardeners, but it is God's garden........I would not be surprised if you didn't wind up being friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:19 pm

underhiswing wrote:I would not be surprised if you didn't wind up being friends.

Underhiswing, that is the ENTIRE problem with the situation.

I have learned in my experience that guys and girls cannot be friends. It's fine if others agree with me. I told him this a year ago. I told him that I had never had success being "just" friends. One or both start liking the other, and "friendship" goes out the window. He still wanted to try to be friends. I told him I would give it a shot, but warned him that I would prefer to not try because things just never work out.

3 months later, he's asking me out... who woulda thunk? I did not want to be friends for HIS sake. I do not like him, and I did not want him to hurt the way he is. I do not believe I will allow for us to be friends. It's not fair to him. It's uncomfortable to me.

It's just a really difficult situation.

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:42 pm

He already likes you, so being friends with him will only change you.

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Being his friend will break his heart. It will make him act even more weird to him. I've been in his situation, and the best thing that happened to me was that this person stirred clear of me. The Lord has placed a firm conviction on my heart toward guys: Friendly, not friends.
I'm no sadistic to him. In fact, it' quite the opposite. I'm making it clear to him that I am in school for a BA, not an MRS degree.
I don't feel like this in the interpretation of the dream at all. I feel like it is that neither of us need to interact together, and yet we will still get our gardening (coursework) done.
Thank you for your insight, I know it is heart felt and meant for encouraging me. In the end, I need to rely on God for direction, and I feel like he is not the direction for me and I need to do what is best to help and prevent him from experiencing more pain. :)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 pm

I did not say that you would be friends, I said it wouldn't surprise me. That was not the interpretation of the dream either. You said, "It's been a tough one on me, but I'm learning to love the ones that make me feel awkward. This is what I said the dream was about. Your own words interpreted it. I just pointed out in addition, that the garden was God's and that we are the gardeners. I hope this makes it more clear to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 pm

:)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top