Church Dream Interpretation Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church Dream Interpretation Needed

Post by grace913 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:24 pm

II dreamt that I was in some sort of church ceremony and standing up at the alter with several other people dressed in white/cream linen robes. The priest told me to sit down because I didnít have my hands folded in the right position like the rest of the people.

I felt like it was a reprimand maybe because I did not listen to him beforehand about how to stand with hands folded but I am not sure about this part. I just know that I felt chastised.

I am not sure if the Lord is telling me that I didn't do something that he told me to do and if so I don't know what that is. Or, if he is telling me that I have a religious spirit where I believe that I have to conform to everyone else and do certain things or be punished. Or possibly He is saying that the work is over, stop pleading with Him and sit down. (the folded hands representing the pleading/praying as I have been fervently doing because I am currently facing many, many battles - physically, financial, spiritually and emotionally.)

Please help me with this. I would love top grow in this area and find a useful forum to do this. I have been getting dreams from the Lord for some time now and have read books and such but mentors can help as well. Of course, I always ask the Lord for help first. At this point, I hear him when I sleep.

This is my first post, so if I posted in the wrong area or incorrectly, please advise.

Thank you, Grace

grace913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church Dream Interpretation Needed

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Grace,

This is foretelling a feeling that you will feel in the future. Please read this link: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/teaching-equiping-posts-f9/prophetic-dreams-that-don-t-mean-much-but-are-actually-prophetic-t867.htm

Pray in advance that you are able to handle the encounter with strength and Godly character.

I agree in Jesus name that the Lord will send angels to strengthen you and that the Holy Spirit will comfort you.

Love,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grace913 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Thank you Mia. Is there anyway to avoid this if I pray now? I don't want to disappoint God or feel reprimanded; I always want to obey Him and would never purposely disobey Him.

Thank you for helping me to grow.

Grace

grace913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Absolutely. It is biblical to ask God to change a prophecy, so surely pray.

I am not so sure that you disappoint God. Tell me clearly how you felt in the dream.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by grace913 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:27 pm

I felt like I was singled out because I did it wrong...i.e. because I folded my hands wrong and wasn't like everyone else. I was the only one told to sit down by the priest and I felt like I was being punished.

I didn't know that I was doing it wrong until he told me to sit down. I am not sure if the priest had told us how to do it in the first place or if he said that I didn't listen to him beforehand...I don't remember that being part of the dream. All I remember for sure from the dream is that I was up at the alter with a group of people in cream/white linen robes for some sort of ceremony and the priest told me to sit down because I had my hands folded wrong.

It seems like the feeling that I was getting of not listening to him beforehand came after I awoke...like why did I have to sit down just because my hands were folded down? Upon awaking, I felt unsure and perhaps like I did something wrong.

This is why I mentioned the part about religious traditions in my first post. I know that the Lord is pouring out His Spirit in these last days and breaking religious traditions. I became born again about six/seven years ago but I was raised Catholic. Sometimes my dreams seem to have a Catholic undertone to them like this one did. For example, the priest, the folded hands (as in prayer), the ceremony/rite, the general appearance or atmosphere of the church and even the garments (although I know that linen robes and many of these other things are not just Catholic). So, I thought that perhaps the Lord was saying something about breaking wrong ideology about His ways. I did not conform with the others because I am different now.

So, I don't know....I am facing several battles right now in health, finances, and several other areas and am leaning on Him.

Thanks,
Grace

grace913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:02 pm

I think this is going to be something in the future that you feel scolded over. I don't necessariy feel like the scolding is justified. I'm not certain about that part but in the future, maybe a few months maybe longer you will feel those emotions and remember this dream unless you pray and ask the Lord to intercede in which case He will let you know FOR CERTAIN that He heard you and granted the request.

I will be praying, and if you need prayer about it in the future please let us know. Just know in advance that when God corrects us it usually makes us feel empowered to change, not condemned; and the negative feelings we might experience are either from the enemy or own emotions which need to be renewed. God doesn't leave us feeling corrected. He instructs, gives us the power to change and loves us at the same time.

So remember to throw away the Catholic guilt and condemnation and fight for your freedom by renewing your mind when you are attacked.

Love,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by grace913 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Thank you again. I am sure that I will post again. I have many dreams and have never found a forum like this before. I believe that it is profitable to share with others and learn from each other as well.

Blessings to you,
Grace

grace913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:22 am

Grace,

I could not agree with Mia more. Guilt is of the enemy, correction is love from God helping us to be God like. That is done in Love....The Word says the Lord corrects those he loves.

God bless!

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top