Family Persecution

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family Persecution

Post by dem on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 am

Whoo-hoo! I loved the way I was in this dream. This is the way I want to be in real life! Boldly sharing the Gospel. The LORD is making me bolder and bolder everyday! Amen!!

I dreamt that I was over my parentís house for a family gathering, and there were some cousins there that I hadnít met yet. Everyone was sitting down, and one of the cousins I hadnít met was saying that there were many ways to heaven. All my family members that were supposed to be Christians were nodding in agreement and mumbling, "yeah". I said, "thatís not true." "Jesus is the only way to heaven." All my family, except for one of my aunts, began to grumble and sigh; some saying, ďhere she goes again.Ē The cousin that stated there were many ways to heaven was getting ready to leave, and I thought that I didnít share the gospel with any one all night. This would be a perfect time to talk to her about Jesus. I told her that I would like to share with her the gospel message of Jesus Christ before she left; if she didnít mind. My family began to complain all at one time about trying to force my beliefs on people, and why do I always have to do this, and trying to discourage me from sharing my faith. I told them that I find it hard to believe that people who profess to be Christians would have a problem with me sharing the gospel. I told them I donít represent you, I represent Christ. I told them I didnít care what they said or thought, Iím going to do what God wants me to do. My cousin and I went outside and I was talking to her on the steps. One of my aunts came outside to try to stop me from bothering my cousin, and condemned me for trying to witness to her and called me a trouble maker. I told her I donít care what she thinks about me. I said, ďall my life I worried about what others thought about me and it kept me from telling people about Jesus. Well, not anymore; I am free from all that, and I will share my faith whether you like it or not. I was talking to my cousin in front of the house, on the sidewalk, and she was mocking me attacking me with all these questions, but not allowing me to answer them. I began to get frustrated and upset, and I thought, ďIím not going to allow the enemy to use her to anger me.Ē ďitís obvious she isnít interested in hearing the good news.Ē So, I asked her if she wanted to hear the gospel message or not. If not , then she could leave. I wouldnít bother her. She didnít want to answer the question. She only wanted to debate. So, I left her alone.

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Family Persecution

Post by ditte3 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:08 am

Hi
Peace be with you.
I have nottaken the accuracy test yet.

What an encouraging dream! thumbs
As if the Lord is teaching you.
I had a dream where od gave me courage to stand in his truth,not telling the gospel,but to admonit a christian,who was not behaving in christ like way.

It's a great dream!

God bless you. flower

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dem on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah, that was a good dream. I often dream about myself being the way I want to be in real life. I do believe that God is slowly molding me into that bold person...very slowly whistle The verse that encourages me so much is Philppians 1:6: being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; I'm so glad God is doing the work and not me! happy dance

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

AMEN!

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Boldness is good if it bears fruit. Jesus had a way about him that reached into peoples hearts and met them where they were. He spoke to them in their own language, within the realm of their own understanding, and within their own lifestyle. Like the richman and the woman at the well. He gently led the woman at the well through a series of questions. He didn't overwhelm her with a bold statement of who He was

If your whole immediate family is against you/your beliefs in your dream, maybe you should take that to prayer and seek God about how you can witness to them by quiet holy example, in peace and respect for them. I know He will bless this way and there will be fruit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top