Double Ignition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double Ignition

Post by lola21st on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:16 pm

This is the second of two dreams that I had about my mother this weekend:

I have to listen to my recorder to get the full dream but this piece has remained me. I was driving a convertible (it was a bright, sunny day) and the car had two ignitions. My mother had given me a small black key which was in the top ignition's keyhole and was taped into place with electrical tape to make sure it didn't fall out. I could still use my car key in the bottom ignition but the idea was that as long as the top key was in the ignition, I'd always be able to start the car; if it wasn't there, I absolutely had to have my key to start the car. End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Double Ignition

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:22 pm

maybe being open (the convertible) with your mother will put you in a place where you can't go anywhere else in your life without your mother's say? hence the key your mother gave you.

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Lola
Do you believe that your mother represented your true mother in real life?
In reading this I immediately thought of the Holy Spirit. The top key was the key that needed to remain in order for you to be 'mobile' and it being on top seemed to represent authority. It is almost like it was saying that the key to your success or your progressive path in life is the steadfast leading and authority of the Holy Spirit.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi EmilyM and Unaday -

This dream is kind of complicated and I may have written something that was misleading - to clarify, my mother had given me the key but it wasn't in that moment, I'd had it for a while... sorry ...in this case, I think my mother is symbolic but not of the Holy Spirit. In this case, she's symbolic of old ways of thinking (many of which I've learned from her) which is why the key was black and needed to be held in place by tape - the key no longer fits without falling out (no longer useful nor applicable) yet I still use it. I could still drive the car with my key, it was just that I couldn't lose it otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive the car. BUT...isn't that the way it is normally? I think the Lord is showing me that I'm relying too much on these old ways of thinking; it's time to usher in the new way that's built on Him.

The Lord is dealing with me on a particular issue that I've been avoiding like the plague and it's time to recognize that I don't really need the black key as a backup, I'm unnecessarily relying on it...I already have the key that I need, I just need to trust that it will always start the car and that it won't get lost...sorry, I'm having a Gideon moment and He's calling me out on it (with love and encouragement of course!)...inviting me to rely on Him... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:02 pm

I liked the interpretation.

Move on to a new level.

amen.

peter

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down