Seeing Past Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeing Past Me

Post by lola21st on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Scene #1 -

This dream took place at my childhood home. My mother was at the top of the stairs and I was at the bottom of the stairs. I could tell that she didn't know that I was there, although it was obvious that I was there. She was dressed in a long, white dress that was embroidered and had crocheted edging. She was looking beyond me (again, she didn't acknowledge my presence) and was calling out the name of my brothers' father, with whom she was in a relationship for several years. He's been dead for over 20 years.

Scene #2 -
My friend and I were sitting on a sofa in the living of my childhood home. We were eating chicken with rice and peas. He didn't notice that he'd let a lot of the rice and peas fall into his lap and into the sofa. I pointed this out to him and he picked up the stray grains and put them back in his plate.

Huh?? nerd

I have some thoughts regarding what this may mean but am seeking confirmations. Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeing Past Me

Post by unaday* on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Lola,
This is just my thought...i may be completely off lol
but the first scene of your dream makes me wonder if your mother had a longing to marry your brother's father and maybe still needs closure in that department. Also, it makes me wonder- did you ever feel that your mom put your brother's father ahead of you in her priorities and heart?

Your friend in scene two...he is saved in real life?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 am

Hi Unaday -

In this case, my mom let go of this relationship years ago which is what makes the scene so odd... scratching chin And no, if anything, I have favored status in our family (perhaps to a fault)...I'm probably the one who was given priority over everything else...if another person can be an idol, I am hers... bandaid

Yes, my friend is saved in real life and finally at a stage in his life where he's on fire for the Lord....

Thanks for trying! huggins

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace010 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 am

is your mom stil alive?

Grace010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 pm

yes, she's still alive...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Lola, had you ever wondered about your brother's father salvation? I wonder if your mother represents the Holy Spirit. I wonder if this could be an affirming dream that your brother's father was called up to heaven?

I wonder if your friend, now that he's getting much "spiritual food" feels like he missed out on those years he wasn't really on fire? If that could be the case it seems like you can reassure them that the spiritual "food is not lost".

These are only my thoughts, please pray about this. thumbs

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace010 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:58 pm

My thought for your first dream: this is someting about past. probably your mom couldn't let it go and it stil deeps in her heart...sometimes emotional pain could be so intense. she stil called his name after 20 years it means she stil thinks about him. I think wants u to know that ur mom has to deal with her past. again this is just thought.

Grace010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm

@jjp708 -
that could be, I hadn't thought of that...will pray about your thoughts...

@Grace010 -
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

While I do believe that this dream is about the past, I think it actually has to do with my past that is connected from my mother and its impact on my present with my friend, i.e., things/issues related to her relationship with her sons' father contrasted with things/issues related to my relationship with my son's father (who is my friend in the dream)....

Thanks to both of you and God bless you! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace010 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

tnx again Lola. if it has an impact on your personal life then u need to pray against it, because whatever happened with ur mom, it won't happen to u. Allow God to heal all ur emotional pain because He is Faithfull...

Grace010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks Grace010, definitely am praying. In this case, there's no emotional pain, just increased understanding - I see the potential connections so know how to proceed..... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm

I know you have a direction in mind already, but I was wondering, do you have a spiritual mom or older spiritual friend (since the symbolism was that she was standing up at the top of the stairs)? If so, did she suffer the loss of a loved one or just a very big loss of some type? If you do, she is a friend to you, that would connect the first and second dream. Friends that have issues?

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:20 am

Hi underhiswing -

Thanks for reviewing my dream. You stated an interesting angle, but no, that is not the case here.

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top