Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjtorrence

Healing for all

I was thinking yesterday when there is a healing line and people go up to get prayed for to receive healing well how come the next time there is a healing line the same people are back in that healing line??? God already gave me the answer and it was because people don't have the faith nor do they believe that they are healed. No where in the bible does it show that once someone was healed they returned back to Jesus nor to the disciples to get re-healed again, once they were healed they took the healing and believed and went merrily on their way why is it so hard for us believers to believe the word of God when it states that "By Jesus Stripes we are healed" scratching chin

I think its because we are in an "instant" society. We want things NOW...we need to see it NOW. If a person gets prayed for and they don't see the immediate manifestation, the enemy comes and says that they aren't healed. It's mainly because of what you said, they don't KNOW what Jesus has done and so because of that, there is no belief.

I went to the evening service tonight at church and at the end, the pastor's son did a special prayer for those who were sick. After he prayed for them, he asked for the people who's healing immediately manifested. There were several people, but not as many who stood up to be prayed for. He quickly said that those who don't see results right away ARE STILL HEALED and everyone's healing doesn't come immediately. I'm glad he pointed that out because many people would move on and not expect their healing to come. I wish that wasn't true and that everyone received immediate manifestations. I guess it's like the scripture...Be it, according to our faith.

Thanks Cholette, for your response that is very true, yet in the bible when people were healed they didn't wait to see the manifestation they just believed and those that were lame got up the instant that Jesus or the disciples spoke the word that they are healed, just as when the centurion told Jesus that he didn't have to come to his house to heal his daughter to just speak the word, and he believed from the moment Jesus said your daughter is healed, if we could only believe that when God says something in his word for us that we don't have to wait for the manifestation we should just take God at his word and believe for he is our Father and he would never lie to us

Exactly!! That's the point...we don't believe. IT's easier to believe it for someone else, but to believe for ourselves seems to be a different ball game.

There is a whole bunch of things that stand in the way of us seeing things manifest immediately. I think the same way about declaring. We are to speak to the mountain and it be moved. There are times when I do that and I see it happen immediately...then there are those times when I'm speaking and speaking and speaking...nothing seems to budge. The first thing I think about is how God created the world...he spoke and it appeared. I want to be like that. The same power that is in him is in us...but the reason why we dont' see is we dont' really believe. It's goes back to being TRANSFORMED by renewing our minds.

It's already done...we already have our divine health...it belongs to us, but if we don't believe we already possess it, then we will believe the lie and continue in bad health. It's sooo sad, yet true.

This is worth praying about because maybe God is trying to get a new and fresh word into the earth regarding this. It amazes me how many of God's children are sick and who die early, when they really don't have to. Hmmmm!!

Thank you Cholette that's exactly what I was saying, it just amazes me how it says that God has given us all authority over things and we don't use that authority that we have. There is some things that rightfully belong to us and we need to go and take them back from the devil happy dance

I agree!

One thing I would like to add here is that we need to be healed before we can be healed. So many of us (and I include myself here) struggle at one point or another in our relationship with the Lord in remembering that:

- He is good
- He loves us
- Our sins were forgiven at the Cross so that we can have eternal life and so that we can have a relationship with Him, He wants to have a relationship with us
- We can trust Him
- His ways are not our ways (heaps of praises to Him for this! ) lol!
- His mercy endures forever
- He is always with us and will NEVER forsake us

These are straightforward principles that we all know and believe and read in the Word and sing during praise and worship (in other words we go through the motions) but until we really let them sink in and saturate our spirits (again and again) we will always miss just how big the God we serve truly is AND that He promises are for each one of us. The technical side of me likens this dynamic to the Excel software program - even when we think we know so much about it, we still only know a tip of the iceberg in relation to it's many attributes and capabilities. To me, this is the same way Christians seem to be experiencing God these days. We underestimate His Goodness, how much He loves and cares for us individually, how much He wants to bless us, etc. We just can't fully grasp it and we often end up trying to understand Him with our limited understanding. So often our limited understanding is tainted with (if not fully immersed in) some level of hurt if not head on dysfunction; it is challenging to consistently have unwavering faith. Some Christians are able to heal and achieve that depth of faith from day one in their life as a saved person, others grow into this faith through their increased understanding and through learnings from trials, and still others end up in a lifelong struggle to achieve this faith.

One thing that often holds us back is trying to understand Him and/or measure Him using worldly standards. Another thing that hinders our ability to understand Him is our own familial/social/work/romantic/spiritual relationship history. When we're accustomed to being treated poorly, being given empty promises time and again and/or outright lies on one end to even being verbally/physically/spiritually abused on the other end, it takes a while to fully heal from all of so that one can truly trust in Him (again knowing that His ways are not our ways so He won't let us down the way that others have) and truly have faith enough to stand on His promises and have a faith that is strong enough to receive our healing. We need to let Him to heal us of these hurts before we can achieve that level of unwavering faith that enable us to receive the healing that being discussed in this thread. Just my Two Cents Two Cents

As I see it, I absolutely believed when I first prayed for for my SRA that I was healed. I belved it down to thye core of me.20 years later I've lost my mobility, my joband my independenace to this disease. Yes, believe but be realistic. You're not fully healed until a DOCTOR trells you are, and people who go off prescribed meds etc can end up in terrible trouble. The Church needs to be alot more responsible when it comes to the healing ministry - some people actually die because of it, like one lady I know of who got her symtpoms prayed for, believed she was healed and never even went to the doctor with what turned out to be diabetes. nGod doesn't call us to be foolish.

And anoither thing, while I'm on the subject, this move within the Church to vilify the sick is nauseating. I'm in excruciating pain on a daily basis and God hasn't taken it away. can't be God's fault, so it must eb mine. That's the level of logic you encounter. When you need help, you get judged, and then forced to jump through endless hoops, repenting of evety sin you can think of and any sin of any ancestor you can think of, rehashing memories that were long healed. The psychologist on my diabetes care team who is a non-Christian says he spends alot of tiem delaing with Christians who are gulity because of their illness. As jesus said, 'you put many burdens on men's backs but you yourselves do not lift a finger to help them.'

Mj, I hope you will come to really understand people with chronic illnesses. I f you take the time to properly understand the path of pain, I am sure your views will change.

GoldenEagle, I do understand what it is like to be in pain with a illness yet I don't think my views about healing will change cause from my understanding healing is for all if we just only believe that God will heal us it's ours for the taking. Yet like Cholette stated we are a society that wants instant miracles, yet I will still continue to keep you in prayer Bless You

a dr diagnosed my two sons with autism. one of them was diagnosed with a severe heart defect requiring several open heart surgeries. I knew about this defect before i gave birth to him and i went to church to seek the Lord for healing. I stood in line one day...didnt get an answer from the Lord so the next sunday i stood in line again...didnt get an answer...the next day i stood in line again and the pastor finally just down right asked me...what is going on? i told him about my sons heart defect. He announced it to the church on the mic and a man stepped forth and told the congregation that this would not come to pass. that my baby would be vorn 100% healthy needing no surgeries. I praised God for the healing and walked in faith for the next four months. I told my family, friends and drs he would be born with a perfect heart. When he came out, the drs said there was no change. They went ahead with the surgery...i even thought they would go in there and find that his heart was perfect...didnt happen. It was like a train hit me and i told God i wasnt going to allow the devil to cause me to lose my faith. If God told me he was going to be born healthy...God was a liar... I knew that wasnt so. The man had to be a false prophet.I had faith enough to move 10 mountians in my opinion. The drs thought i was looney i tell you.
My conclusion was that the man was a false prophet and was just telling me what i wanted to hear...i felt at least that "word" was enough to trigger my faith in Gods healing power...and it was. I beleived for it! But it didnt happen the way i expected it to.
My son has had 4 open heart surgeries, 4 heart catherizations, a stomach surgery and a gtube. He is four years old and i give GOD the glory that He is alive today even though He went about it a different way.

I find comfort and strength in this verse:

2 Corinthians 12:7

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

This journey has been rough but God has increased my faith and dependence on Him mightily.

Amen Daph!! Now THATS what I'm talking about. God is real and when He says it, we just have to let him do it and stop trying to figure things out. I still pray for your son...he's on our weekly prayer list. There is something about the babies that tugs at my heart. I still see him running around and playing with the other children...I really do!!!

Pray for me but don't judge me, mj. I feel that to assum
e some-one is still ill due to lack of faith is judgement.

IT's one thing to believe in healing, another to put people under pressure.

On the day I was diagnosed with a rheumatic illneslI wrote a statement of belief. I said I was going to get well and that one day I would look back on the 9 years that had gone past and praize God.

So I was prayed for in person about 4 times a week, not because I didn't have faith but because I did.

I spent as much money on books on healing as a car might cost!

My condition continued to deteriorate and I developed 2 new ones.

One drug made me mobile for 9 months. The docyors were yhtilled but it failed and there were no treatment options left. A chfiztian told me this was good, that without medical hope God would act.

A few times I nelieved I had been jealed. I even gave an interview to ourbiggesy tv syation about healing ehich.really embarasses me now.

During all this time many attempts were made by myself and others to find out why I was.st. ill ill . I was encouraged to sear h through my whole life and family history which caused alot of damage. I was tortured ny myself and others with the message that it must be my faul. I was also having mymentL health messed with by the dredging up and reactivating of healed wounds.

I nelieve God heals. But He hasn'y healed me thus far. I lost my career, my hopes of getting martied and having childteand many othdr tbings. I believed so hard and now I am crushed. An to have ppl say I didn't believe
hurts more than I can say. I feel wounded and judgrd by the unloving attitude expressed in this thread and sadly throughout the Church.

Golden Eagle,

I am so sorry that you have not been physically healed. I do not know why the Lord has not healed you thus far. I do know this....no matter what his love for you will never die and he has heard your plea. I wonder sometimes if we are not healed that we may be a help to someone else in our own situations...again I do not know. I do know this that sometimes when I pray for something I need the answer is no...why....I don't know except that it is his answer. I think the church in its intent to help sometimes harms those who are seeking healing because they themselves do not know why one does not receive healing. I am praying for you and I hope you receive your healing.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

GoldenEagle wrote:
Pray for me but don't judge me, mj. I feel that to assum
e some-one is still ill due to lack of faith is judgement.

Yes this has happened to me as well GoldenEagle...i've had people from church tell me that my son didnt recieve a true healing because i didnt have enough faith. Which was not true at all. God heals so many miraculously all the time...but what if he says "I will...but not the way you want" I know of a family whose little girl fell ill. They didnt take her to the dr because they were "believing" for a healing. They prayed over her and had the church pray over her. She died. Come to find out she had miningitis and it was the kind that could be cured with a shot. Im not saying their family didnt have faith,but i believe they were being stubborn along with it. If they had truely heard from the Lord on the matter, i believe He would have said "take her to get a shot"

Why did Jesus put mud in one man's eyes to heal him from his blindness, when with others it just took a word or a touch? Why did he make some people wash in rivers and pools and other times he spoke the word of healing from miles away?

In the old testament, Naaman almost lost his healing from being stubborn

2 Kings 5:11
"But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy."

But his servant talked him into doing as Elisha instructed. How do you think he felt the first time he dipped in the water and saw no change? the second? third? fourth? fith? sixth?

Ive learned how important it is to listen to Gods voice and trust that His way of healing is best. Because if we truely have the faith in our hearts, thats all GOd requires...then He will do the rest...even when it doesnt look so good. Because without faith...its impossible to please God.
Some make having faith seem so hard...especially when you are the one going through the affliction. They make it seem like you arent doing something right...i mean, do i have to hold my tounge a certian way, or stand on one foot while whisteling Dixie?

It should be a matter of saying "i trust you Lord"...handing it over to Him and leaving it there. (although ive had my fair share of picking it back up again just to put it back down later)

theres another verse in the Bible that helps me that comes from the Book of Job...lest we forget HIM and what he went through!

Job1:21
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

You cant tell me that Job didnt have faith! and look how much he LOST! God does not make us WORK for a healing. He isnt Rumplestilskin and isnt going to make you spin straw into gold for your healing. He gives it to us freely acording to our faith in Him by His GRACE. YES sometimes your faith will be tested...YES sometimes you will lose....BUT dont lose your faith in God. God is love and if I have not love I am NOTHING.

sorry for rambling...this is a sensitive subject for me as well
God bless and heal you all in Jesus name.

Thank you Cholette for praying for my son. you see him laughing and playing with the other children, because he does!!! LOL PRAISE GOD! I cant keep up with him sometimes!!!

Oh and may i point out that I dont believe God would have instructed ANYONE to go to the dr back in bible times because the drs were IDIOTS and didnt have the GOD given knowledge they do now.

what I am not here to judge anyone so I am sorry that you feel that way yet I think I just said "I will continue to pray for you I didnt say I would pray for your healing I just said I would pray and with that being said I will pray in the spirit cause I don't know you so how could I pray for something about you that I don't know 😕 yet still I say again sorry

It was your original post that made me feel judged. You said ppl aren't healed because they don't have faith. You probably didn't think that was judgement but it is. This attitude hurts ppl who are already suffering.

I hope you will br able to see this issue with more sensitivity in future.

GoldenEagle, first of all I am not here to debate and judge anyone I just wrote something that was on my heart and that I was talking to God about, I still say I didn't judge you so from my understanding, this subject is closed I will not respond to your post anymore and in the future I will still feel the same way

GoldenEagle, she apologized. Everyone is entitled to their own statements, opinions, and feelings. I think you have clearly made yours...and to an extent i agree with you. That being said, I also want to add that what you are saying is damaging as well. please refer to the Rules and Regulations Forum. Im announcing this topic CLOSED. Anything else posted of negative nature or continuing on this subect will be deleted.

In love,

Thank you daphanie, I am very sorry for starting this topic I didn't want it to be taken out of context and I am very respectful of everyone's opinion.

no thats totally ok! Its just a very sesitive subject to some. huggins It is Gods will for us to have faith and Speak His Word into our lives and in our hearts.
Love in Him,