Being robbed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being robbed

Post by JLD on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:58 pm

The night before last, I had a dream I was walking in the evening on a lit path when a young adult male approached me (face to face).. He didn't say anything, just pulled out a plastic knife (like you would take on picnics, and I believe it was white) and showed it to me. I knew I was being robbed.. I was a little apprehensive and nervous but not like one would normally be when being robbed.. I knew that knife couldn't hurt me (wasn't even thinking about the young man's ability to), so I tackled him and got his hands behind his back and held him until the police arrived..

Any thoughts? This seems like a silly dream, but I've been praying for the Holy Spirit to reveal specific truth in something I am going through, so I'm checking everything that comes my way.. :) Thanks, Jen

JLD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being robbed

Post by owen on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:43 am

Hi,

I believe that someone will try to threaten you but couldnt really hurt you nor will affect you. I also believe that whatever threats may come to you in whatever form, you can wisely manage it.

If what I said speaks about your real situation, then I ask God for wisdom. Or if there is no truth on it, forget it.

He alone gives us understanding and reveals His truth if we truly seek Him.

God bless you!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JLD on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks Owen! This does speak to me.. I keep focusing on the white plastic knife.. I am pondering on whether this could be the enemy is using what "looks" and/or "sounds" godly or from the Lord to rob me of something..

JLD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Sometimes the enemy could come as an angel of light. Plastice knife means not real, in other word, it is a lie. Just be careful when you hear lies about you, you have to reject it immediately and stand on the truth.

God bless!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 pm

You were able to distinguish between the real knife and that which was not real in another words the enemy was exposed and defeated!What a joy that whatever happens to you God will.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreams3 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 am

this remind me of a dream too...i also held the thief hands behind while calling out to a receptionist to call the police..but she just seems to be not concerns...i was all the while thinking why..and then funny enough i was just thinking God is against killing while i still held the man hands..but when i woke up ...i was furious..why dont i kill the thief who was trying to steal my coins in the dream...and why dont the receptionist call the police...what is this dream upto?

dreams3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi JLD,

For your discernment, I havent taken the test...

Just something that came to my mind concerning this dream...

I keep seeing this man as harmless.

He has nothing real to defend himself with.

The knife is white and I keep seeing something innocent and harmless is taken too far.
He even showed you the knife as to say...yeah Im carrying this fake knife around so I can threaten someone if I want to but Im harmless and its obvious.

His arms are placed behind his back now he is truelly unarmed.

Just something to pray about....meekness is what comes to mind.

I added this because I do feel so strongly about this word.

Matthew 5:5 states: The meek shall inherit the earth.

His perfect Grace can rest upon all of us in those times when not knowing what to do brings us to Him in prayer seeking guidance. As His spirit leads, meekness can proceed.

To be meek is to be gentle and conciderate in humility. It is the opposite of violence and arrogance.

Jesus was meek, but He wasn't weak.

Perhaps this is an attribute that the Lord wants you to "look" at. (face to face)

Discard what does not fit.

Piano

Last edited by piano on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Jen,
As I read your post, I just keep thinking of the scripture that says, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord...." (Isaiah 54:17-18) I wonder if this dream is affirming the power the Lord has given you to stand against people's words, specifically character-assassination words that might be coming against you in the future.

I think it's a good sign you were on a lit path. I think of that scripture that says God's word is a light to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalms 119:105) Stay in His Word!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:49 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top