Rotten Onions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rotten Onions

Post by lola21st on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 am

I had a dream recently that I was at a woman's house that I know (she heads a ministry that I'm involved in) but she wasn't home. I was waiting for her to arrive when two other women that I don't know came to the house as well. We sat on a sofa talking and I decided to start cooking because there was going to be a party at her house later in the day. I got an onion and started slicing it and the outer rings were brown like they were rotting but I figured that I would just remove the bad rings after I'd cut it all up. But as I continued to cut I realized that the rings of the onion were becoming more brown and I eventually realized that the onion was actually a yam (not the sweet potato type that we eat in the US but the starchy white yam that's known in Africa and the Caribbean). I was grossed out and stopped...that's when I woke up.

I have an idea of what this means, am just seeking confirmation. Thanks and God bless you! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rotten Onions

Post by dreamster on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm

well i guess wen u start 2 use some of her food.. its rotten 2 the core,, ur in her house,, so it dont get any closa than that,, i guess ther kood be otha ppl that know this 2,, the pantry kood represent otha thangs 2,., hmm i hav otha thorts ,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm

The onion appears in layers. One layer is hidden in a nother and so on.
What lies beneath is mysterious and would require labour in prayer and descernment .Might not be what you think and can be deceiving in some aspects, spiritual dilution on her part that you need to take to the Lord in prayers.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Could it be this simple?

Cooking is often ministry related and fruit is produce. Are you picking up her slack? Is what this woman is producing grossing you out?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks all for your input!

I think you all have hit on some of it. I have been picking up her slack but it's a good thing, I'm not grossed out about that. I do however feel that there are issues with her that she's not at a point where she's willing to share yet (she may not even be aware of it yet herself). I think there may be external issues that are impacting her more than she realizes; in fact, she may be misattribute the cause of her spiritual dilution (Peter, I like that term, I think it fits here). It's impacting what she's producing. I think this dream is a call to pray for her and continue to fill in to support her - while I was grossed out by the onion/yam, I was content being in her home - I wasn't feeling impatient...
Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:18 pm

you know I'm late on the response but I wasn't thinking about the woman in this case.

Could the onion represent something else-like a person from the caribbean or Africa? As you keep peeling the onion, you uncover more and more information about this person (the layers) that just don't seem to be right that are no good so to speak? You'll be turned off by what you find? Could the women on the couch or someone in the ministry be involved too and that brings even more fuel to the fire?

please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi Desiree -

You know, I hadn't considered that aspect but will definitely pray about it....

Thanks! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:42 pm

You're welcome boo! kiss

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down