Hiding in the closet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiding in the closet

Post by Allsmiles on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 am

Seriously believe that the Lord is trying to tell me something... I had soo many dreams this week.

I dreamed that I was being hunted by cheetahs and other wild animals. I hid at the top of my parents old closet in a house that I lived in when I was a little girl. There were some people hiding under sheets on the bed and I remember trying to let them know that their hiding place was not good enough and that they would be found and eaten if they didn't go somewhere else. They didn't listen.

I dreamed a lot more but I cannot remember it. I am praying about why I was hiding in my parents closet instead of getting away from thoes wild animals.

Allsmiles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiding in the closet

Post by redeeminglove on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 am

Hmm...
I've not taken the dream accuracy test.

I know that for a long time I used the fact that my mother was mentally ill and mentally abused me to escape from the pressures of life and when severe consequences came from my actions, I used the "Oh, i was abused" card to justify that my behavior was not my fault.

When I see hiding in my dreams, it is always associated with somebody that can harm me-- it's associated with danger.

A closet is used for storage and for keeping clothes and when I dream of clothes, it almost always has to do with baggage and/or my sin.

Is there maybe a sin that your parents have committed that is affecting you and your life and rather than dealing with the issues/consequences (cheetahs/wild animals), you're running back to the baggage from your parents? Are there habitual sins that you keep doing because of baggage? So, simply put: are you hiding behind your parents baggage?

I only ask because I've done and still continue to do from time to time the same thing.

if not, disregard. :)

Last edited by EmilyM on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'are their sins' was edited to 'are there sins')

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Is there something that you are afraid of for your own welfare that you take precautions against and that you encourage other people to take the same precautions? Like maybe vitamins or cancer screenings or anything of the like?

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Allsmiles, I edited this mistake!

I have not taken the accuracy test.

For your discernment..

Im wondering what the top of a closet looks like..a shelf?

Anyways, cheetahs=cheaters (unfaithful)..and other "wild" animals (characteristics of people)

Just wondering if you see so many people in your life of this type/character that they seem to be chasing you.

The people under the sheets are "obvious" and you mention their lack of wisdom boldly.

I think perhaps hiding can mean a couple of things.

First thought was a secret place of prayer up high, a place of hiding under Gods wings. Childlike trust.

This is where revelation comes to guide you to victory over the enemy.

I also saw you place yourself up on a shelf..

I do not believe God wants you to hide the ability He has given you to speak bodly...even if it often falls on deaf ears, or causes people to want to chew you up.

Discard what does not fit.

Piano

Last edited by piano on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistaken identity!)

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 pm

hi piano. :)

Nice insight. :)

I didnt have the dream, it was allsmiles. i was just giving me insight. :)

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Gads... I keep doing that! Sorry Allsmiles!
sorry
Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allsmiles on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:08 pm

thanks!! You're heart felt reply could definitely apply!

Allsmiles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top