Literal or Symbolic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Literal or Symbolic?

Post by ajohnson1590 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:55 am

Hello,

I had a dream that God had given me a prophetic word to give to a particular church and so because of this I went up to the pastor and asked if he would allow me to speak the word that God had given me. He said sure and allowed me to come up in the pulpit and speak but halfway through he abruptly stopped me, told me to be quiet, and sit down. I remember then walking out of the pulpit and standing in the aisle confused as to why he had done this.

Any interpretations?

ajohnson1590

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Literal or Symbolic?

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:42 pm

im not sure...

If the Lord is prompting you to speak something to the church...you should do it and dont worry about what the pastor says...As long as you are being obedient to Him...the pastor is the one in the wrong..Please pray on this and that the Lord gives you full understanding of this dream.
God bless

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm

If the church is a real church, the pastor is real, and the message can be confirmed by the Word and is something that would instruct or benefit the church, then this is not symbolic, it is a call to do just that. It is most important that the message God asked you to deliver to this church is very clear in the dream, and you can quote it verbatum, and that it lines up with the instructions in the Bible. But, if these are all symbols and not real (or not real yet) then this is for the future or it is symbolic of a block/error in your own spiritual path. Unusally if one thing is symbolic the rest of the dream is too...but not always...one can never put God in a box. I pray God makes this clear to you and brings you outside confirmation that you will interpret this correctly. God is not offended if we ask for comfirmations. Remember the fleece? There are also many other examples. He would rather we were most careful, than to inadvertantly injure one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top