backwards driving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

backwards driving

Post by jjp708 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:02 pm

I had a dream that one of my former friends IRL was driving my mother's car backwards. She was driving down my childhood street at full speed. I was in the passenger seat screaming and yelling for her to stop. She was flying through intersections and all. Finally, I reached over and put the car in neutral.

Once the car came to a complete stop I started yelling again, asking her was she crazy. She sat there grinning and chuckling as if it was the funniest thing in the world to her.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: backwards driving

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Sometimes when i have dreams like that, its about a situation thats out of hand that I cant control. One time i had a dream like this and it was about a miscarriage. But then again it could be symbolic for your friend doing something you dont approve of that she thinks is fun. Its probably something you will need to pray on.
Just some thoughts...

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks Daph!

I think I'm going to take your advice and pray on it.

The friend in the dream is not someone I associate with IRL. As a matter of speaking we were childhood friends but we ended on such terrible terms that I can't figure out why she's (or her sister) has been popping up in my dreams lately.

And usually when they do it's always relating to a car. For instance, a few months ago I had a dream that I loaned my car to her sister and when she returned it there was a dent in the rear passenger door. She tried to tell me she didn't know how it got there but I didn't believe her because it was obvious to me in the dream that somebody kicked the car.

These are two people in my waking life that I don't see often but they represent such a dark time in my life.

But I'm interested in knowing (if you're open to sharing of course) how did you realize that your dream was about a miscarriage.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:15 am

Hi jjp708 -

The friend in the dream is not someone I associate with IRL. As a matter of speaking we were childhood friends but we ended on such terrible terms that I can't figure out why she's (or her sister) has been popping up in my dreams lately.

These are just thoughts but it may be that these dreams are revealing that there are unresolved feelings/hurts regarding this friendship that need healing and forgiveness.

The car symbol often represents our life direction and your first dream suggests that things were out of control until you took control of the car and it's ability to move forward/continue. Was your friend out of order or did she go about things inappropriately when you were friends? The Lord may be bringing back this season of your life through dreams so that your feelings around it can be dealt with. flower

I'm in agreement with Daph that this is something that you should pray more about so that the Lord can guide you.

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 am

Well lola, I'd need a full blog spot to answer your question regarding our friendship lol!

But the short version is...

I moved in with her and her family (mom, sister, her and eventually a nephew) at the age of 14 (I'll have to address why in another forum). Well talk about going from one disfunction to another.

I stayed with them off and on until I was 21 (that's when I got my own place) and the whole time it was nothing but manipulation, betrayal and deceit.

These two young ladies essentially changed the way I interact with people today. I am very limited in female friendships (purposefully).

I have a handful of REALLY GOOD friend girls but I usually keep them at a comfortable distance. I have a hard time reaching out to people. Usually if my friends don't call me they won't hear from me. (I'm the same in relationships too).

I've been working diligently trying to break the stronghold of my past and I felt like I was making strides too. That's why I'm not sure why they are popping up in my dreams.

I have forgiven them in my heart so I don't know what else is needed outside of continuing to work on letting people into my life.

I hope all of that makes sense duh

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 pm

No, it all makes perfect sense... bandaid

It may be that the Lord wants to help you through those final strides. You've probably made 99.9999999% progress, it's just that last sliver of a percent that He wants to help you heal from and forgive so that you may continue in all that He has in store for you.

These two young ladies essentially changed the way I interact with people today. I am very limited in female friendships (purposefully).

I have a handful of REALLY GOOD friend girls but I usually keep them at a comfortable distance. I have a hard time reaching out to people. Usually if my friends don't call me they won't hear from me. (I'm the same in relationships too).

It may also be that He needs to completely heal you from your experience so that He can then work with you regarding what you said above in quotes..... flower

BTW, I LOVE your new avatar... thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:40 pm

THANKS! It reminds me of my daughter and me!

and I think you may be hitting on something there.

When I say this is one area I really wish to not revisit THAT'S AN UNDER STATEMENT sigh

It was a very hard time in my life that I would just assume to forget. But from what you're saying and the theme of the dreams, it seems as though my breakthrough is tied somewhere in that time and space.

I will seek the Lord for His guidance and ask you ALL to pray for me because I will literally have to shift through a ton of heartache if the Lord is telling me to look there for breakthrough. crying

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Father God, Maker of Heaven and Earth, we come today to intercede for my friend, jjp708. Father, we thank You for this gift to the Kingdom and we thank You for her faith. Father, we thank you for the plans that you have for jjp708, plans to prosper her and not harm her, plans to give her a future and a hope. You’ve spoken to jjp708 regarding a painful season in her life, Lord, and it seems that are things that You wish to show her and heal her from. Thank You Father that you heal the brokenhearted and bind their wounds. If this cup could be removed from her, that would be our preference but Your will, not our will be done. We know Lord that You are able and that You care for us; that alone is soothing balm to our wounds. We pray Father God that as jjp708 walks with you through this difficult and painful season of her life that her spirit be strengthened and girded up remembering that yet in all these things she is more than a conqueror through You who loves her.

We give thanks to You Father God, that jjp708 can come boldly to Your throne of grace , that she may obtain mercy and find grace to help in this time of her need. And we know that You will work all things together for her good because she loves You and she’s called according to Your purpose. We thank You for that jjp708 will be filled with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding and that she will walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of You. We thank You in advance for the work that You are doing in jjp708 and the blessings and favor that You are positioning her to receive. We know Father that You will be glorified in this situation and we thank You for the testimony that jjp708 will have to bless, edify, and encourage others. We give You the glory now and always. In the sweet name of Jesus, amen!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:31 pm

does ur frend hav any influence in ur moms life??

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:18 pm

THANK YOU JESUS & LOLA! As I read your prayer and then on to dreamster's question. I know what I must do. I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS HEAD ON. So here goes crying

Ok, dreamster the short part of the answer is no. But the long of it is (and it's long).

My mother, when I was about 12 fell prey to drugs and has been bound every since (I'm now 38). My mom and I look like identical twins so it hurts me to see her destroy her life.

When we (my siblings and I) were little my mom moved us around alot because we were always getting evicted. My dad stepped in and brought us back "home" under the understanding that my mom was moving in with us. So he brought another house and move out. We moved in and my mom didn't so my dad would come over every night and sit with us until we fell asleep then he'd go to work and meet us back as the house in the morning for school. But essentially we were on our own (my oldest sister was 18).

I was so hurt with entire situation and our living arrangements in the house (that's a long long long story) that I decided to move out and move in with my friend's family. And that's where it all started.

Now, I could understand her driving my moms car because the pain from both of them was equal. To me they both robbed me of my trust for people...for women. I'll stop there and let you guys process that because I know it was alot.

THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING! I'm already feeling it. But glory to God I know there's healing in this.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 pm

hmmm seems like uve been a ''passenger'' in a outta control situation,,the street does represent ur childhood..i think ur in the start process of healing,,but its hard dealin wiv those memories ugh,, but u gotta start somewher, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:34 pm

(in my whinny voice) I know D! I know! nerd

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm

may the lord give u strength an reslove,courage 2 embrace tha past ,process .. an then move 4ward,, stronga,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

lol! You have such a gift of humor! and the best part about it is that you really know how and when to use it. That's awesome happy dance

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:11 pm

a spoonful of suga helps the medicene go down.. Dr D,, um humours 24/7 im afraid,,

Last edited by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:14 pm

alright grandma rofl kiss

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 pm

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Based on the Word I received this morning about being haunted by my past (check out my vision after morning prayer post) I believe the Lord is showing me some deep rooted soul ties through these reoccuring dreams of these two sisters in my past.

I believe this is why the Holy Spirit spoke that I was being haunted by my past.

I'm asking that you all pray with me and for me that these ties be broken once and for all in Jesus name.

soldier I'M READY TO GET THIS OVER WITH!!!!! FINALLY

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

yep all thangs r unda ur feet,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 pm

praying thank you

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 pm

D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Well in my dreams, people are often symbolic. I had a dream about a girl that i used to work with a long time ago. Before i left there, she was getting into drugs really bad. So one night i dreamed that i was driving down a road and suddenly my friend took over the wheel. She began to spin the wheel over and over and over until the car was completely out of control! I was screaming and just knew we were going to die. the car was going backwards and i was flung from the vehicle. I remember looking at the road being disapointed because i had made such progress going forward, until something i couldnt control put me behind. But i knew that i could try going again without that girl in the car and that i could make progress.

A few days later i began spotting and had to go to the er...my feelings in the dream matched exactly what i was going through at the time. I was trying so hard to have a child (i think this was my second miscarriage) and i was so disapointed because i felt i was far enough along that the baby was safe...the girl in my dream was just symbolic for something taking control that i couldnt do anything about. But my husband and i tried again and I had our son on Christmas!

We get in trouble if we try to interpret our dreams by the symbols alone...its important to pay attention to the feelings in our dreams because thats ultimately whats going to clue you in when you see the manifestation.

You could be dreaming about your friends, but what if they represent something the way the girl in my dream represented something wild that i couldnt control? It will drive you crazy to try and figure it out before it happens, so just take the feelings from your dream as a heads up, then when something happens in real life that matches it exactly, the symbols in your dream will make more sense.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:58 pm

WOW, JJP thanks for posting this dream as I have recently had a dream in which I was driving my car (and it is the first dream in which I drive myself, not someone else). While driving I saw my mom driving behind me, in the mirror but she disappeared from the mirror after a while, like a fog. I stopped near a stop sign before an intersection but I crossed the line of the stop line and decided to back up and suddenly my car started going backwards very quickly down the hill and I couldn't stop it with the break and I suddenly realised that I needed to put on "driving" to move forward. When I did it everything came back to a normal cycle. But when I came up to the same stop sign, I again crossed the line and stopped there waiting for my turn to move.

Anyway my point is that when I read the discussion concerning your dream, I immediatelly understoond what God is showing me throught my dream. This is awesome flower

As for your old soul ties, I went through the same in this season, prayer and sweet time of wroshiping with God, just talking to Him, telling things that bothered me, that angered me, that planted deep bitter roots in my heart just went away. I forgave those people, I forgave myself and asked God to forgive me too. And it was so simple happy dance I pray this helps!

We get in trouble if we try to interpret our dreams by the symbols alone...its important to pay attention to the feelings in our dreams because thats ultimately whats going to clue you in when you see the manifestation.

Daph, you are so right in this, I have just started learning this. And have had so many dreams which after manifesting mainly showed my feelings and emotions flower

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Nubava, it does. Thank you and God bless you!

Daph, I agree with you 100%.

I will continue to pray and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me and I will also take Nubava's advice in confessing to Christ and asking for forgiveness.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top