Fishing with feet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fishing with feet

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:11 pm

I dreamt, my sister, my mother and I were fishing on a lake or pond. My mother and sister were using the regular fishing rods to catch the fish but I was using both of my feet. My feet were in the water and I got more fish than my sister and they were all different, my sister started to complain to my mother that I was getting more fish. My mother did nothing. Anyway, my feet were still tingling when I woke up from the dream.....

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing with feet

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm

lol it sounds like your succeeding at something by being a little unorthadox. does that make sense? just a thought,
God bless

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 am

it's , a good thought, brings things into prospective, all my life I have done things a little different from others, sometimes I even read magazines from back to front lol! right now I am asking God some tough questions, I feel like He is doing something unorthadox in my life. It doesn't seem to be making sense to me, so I am trying to figure out what I heard was correct or even Him or I should just trust Him because His ways are not our ways.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm reminded of Isaiah 52:7"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news...." Feet and soul winning go hand in hand, as does fishing, ("Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men" [Matthew 4:19]). I wonder if the standard way of fishing/doing church is less effective for soul winning than putting your whole self into some unorthodox venture. I'd suggest you stay close to the Lord and if He asks you to something "normal" church folk don't do, do it. He'd never ask you to do something against the Bible or your conscience, but He feels no obligation to do anything according to religious, man-made rules.

My husband is an avid fisherman and I've gone fishing with him more than a few times. Let me tell you, the water fish live in is cold! You may feel uncomfortable as you fish for souls, and your flesh may get hurt. Stay in the spirit, let your flesh be crucified, and you'll be amazed how much the Lord will use you.
--Deborah
P.S. I thought I was the only one who reads magazines back to front.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Deborah wrote:I'm reminded of Isaiah 52:7"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news...." Feet and soul winning go hand in hand, as does fishing, ("Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men" [Matthew 4]). I wonder if the standard way of fishing/doing church is less effective for soul winning than putting your whole self into some unorthodox venture. I'd suggest you stay close to the Lord and if He asks you to something "normal" church folk don't do, do it. He'd never ask you to do something against the Bible or your conscience, but He feels no obligation to do anything according to religious, man-made rules.

My husband is an avid fisherman and I've gone fishing with him more than a few times. Let me tell you, the water fish live in is cold! You may feel uncomfortable as you fish for souls, and your flesh may get hurt. Stay in the spirit, let your flesh be crucified, and you'll be amazed how much the Lord will use you.
--Deborah
P.S. I thought I was the only one who reads magazines back to front.

this really touched me thank you so much!!!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top