Testing Guitars strings for the right sound.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testing Guitars strings for the right sound.

Post by steadygaze on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

Hi and Blessings,

I had a dreams this morning and I need conformation on through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Dream

I went to these stores to buy a Guitar. Every time I went to the music store, "I would test the strings of the Guitar, either the stings would break or the sound was not right." I could not find a Guitar out of the many shops I looked in for a Guitar with the right sound.

P. S. I do not play an instrument.

steadygaze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Testing Guitars strings for the right sound.

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 am

I can tell you what i know about instruments as I was a musician for many years.

We have to tune our instruments before we begin our practice sessions or concerts (I was a violinist). Tuning requires tightening and loosening of the strings and very careful listening. Listening to the tuner or the in-tune piano against our own strings, the slower the discordant vibrations are together, the closer to being in-tune you are until you reach an synchronized vibration. That takes a trained ear to hear. It's not often that an instruments sound is referenced as a voice but it sometimes is. Voice is individual. Each instrument has it's own tonality and depth, no two are the same. Strings (the violins, violas, cellos, and bass, mostly) are the ones that are referred to as having voice. I think you might understand what I'm saying there.
Tuning, if an instrument is not in tune, it will clash with the rest of the orchestra and ruin the piece. Like I said, to tune an instrument perfectly one must be a master at tuning.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:26 pm

grt reply,,,, ,,um ok s/g,,i own guitars so wat u r doin is exactly wat ppl do wen searchin 4 an instremant,,i marvel that this comes tru in ur drm as u hav no natureal knowledge of this,,my question is this are u lookin 4 a way 2 express urself in the body,,is the shops a ''church body''?? an the guitar a place/ministry/gifting 2 function thru?? this isa grt drm,,i hope im on trak here,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top