Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proof of God

UPDATED: BEFORE INTEPRETING OR RECEIVING AN INTERPRETATION READ THIS!!!

I feel strongly to exhort one another that we need to remember to have respect for biblical prophetic dream interpretation. It is not something to take lightly, especially when people are imparting answers to dreams which determine the course of people's lives.

We need to remember to seek God first before we look to people for dream interpretations. I feel very strongly that depending on other people for the interpretation of dreams angers God, because circumventing God for divine answers is divination. When someone gives an answer that is supposed to be an interpretation to a divine dream and it is wrong it is DIVINATION.

Why? Because giving a wrong interpretation to a dream, as a supposed supernatural answer, to a supernatural dream, is false prophecy which is also known as divination.

1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.....

divination
qecem
1) divination, witchcraft
a) of the nations, Balaam
b) of false prophets
c) in a good sense (king's lips as oracles)

divine - nachash

1) to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience, diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen
a) (Piel)
1) to practice divination
2) to observe the signs or omens

Now, obviously, I believe God gives dreams, and I believe that He wants us to know what our dreams mean, BUT I do not believe that He wants us circumventing Him for the answers.

Think about what pleases Him. Would this please Him: He sends me a message and I run off to y'all for the answer without taking one moment to ask Him, seek Him, thank Him, nothing. Or, would it please Him if we diligently sought Him for the answer?

Going to false prophets, which there abound many even on this board, is divination. And getting answers to your dreams from them will lead to disaster! If you don't know if a person is genuine don't accept their interpretations as fact, because of the people who have attempted the dream interpretation test not ONE person has passed. Each one of them had one or two dreams right but do you want that kind of tract record answering your important messages from God? And don't take this the wrong way, I am not coming against those people, I believe most of them are genuine Christians who wanted to know themselves if they were accurate or not, I write this because I feel that God seriously does not take pleasure in people postulating themselves as dream interpreters who haven't a clue.

Seek GOD first! I cannot state this enough! Seek God first!

Secondly, make an effort to understand what your dreams mean. Daniel fasted for twenty-one days to receive a divine answer from God.

Lastly, God speaks to each of us individually. When a message is from God, it is so easy to figure out that, anyone with the Spirit of God can and does interpret the dream easily.

So, when is the time to seek others? When you feel an unction from God for an interpreter to interpret the dream, or when you are looking for confirmation of what you believe God has spoken to you. When I have a prophetic dream from God I will often seek others for confirmation to the answer that God has given me. When it is a divine answer from the Holy Spirit I always get confirmation of the answer that I received in my spirit, CONFIRMING what His Spirit has already told me. Confirming is the key. PLEASE, please, please seek God first, and confirmation second.

Another exhoration, to keep you from confusion; KNOW, I say again - KNOW, the people interpreting your dreams. If you don't know them, how on earth would you know their fruit? Test the fruit. The fruit test is the test that the Lord gave us to know a true prophet from a false prophet.

Think of the confusion you could have if six people interpreted your dream and only half of the interpretations agreed. I take interpretations seriously from only a very few people, those whom I know from experience are anointed in dream interpretation. If I listened to everyone who tried to intepret a dream I'd lose my mind with all the discrepencies.

However, after saying all of the above, if you feel God is leading you here to get an interpretation from Him, then by all means post your dream for the answer because He led you here for the answer.

Truly and sincerely with no rudeness intended but only from a sincere heart to please God, in love,
Mia

Hi Mia,

I know what I am to write about is on a little different note. I wanted to see what I can gleam from you in regards to what I am about to share.

I am a dreamer of my beloved. Over the years I have been led through my dreams to nations where I have learned and taught missions etc. I have had dreams about things that were to come upon our government in the U.S. and has come to pass and there are more things I have dreamed that have yet to come to pass.

I often desire confirmation on those dreams I struggle with that seem to close to home and I can not quite get it and need more help from others.

Now here is where I am really struggling. Has there been seasons you have walked in that you feel the dreams are not from the Lord and you question everything you dream?

I have been a dreamer for a long time and God has been faithful in the dreams to reveal His heart. Then you dream and you think the Lord is telling you this and that and you step out in faith and then the dream was not what you thought or felt you received at all? Then all of sudden you question it all.

The first time in my walk now I question everything in the the way of dreams and even prophetic words. I am like Lord how do I discern what dream is from my flesh and from the enemy or if it is really from you Lord? I thought I knew how to discern the difference, now I think I do not. This is not because I mistrust the Lord or even doubt the Lord, but because it seems like I am back to knowing nothing. I have learned over the years and have been formed over the years. I often wonder if the Lord brings us back to the land of stupid so we can go deeper in Him.lol

It is an Interesting season I am in. I believe it is a season of a deeper forming in my life right now. I have so many things going on with my health in that it is even forming me, breaking me, and seasoning me.

Thanks for listening, and any insight you can give please let me know.

May the Lord increase His love and His amazing anointing and Blessing on your life.

Steady

Amen Mia!! This announcement is confirmation for me as well!

Steady, I know what you mean as well. Even with my God given understanding of a dream, with my own mind i might be able to get some idea of what my own dreams mean, but i can never trust that i have an entire interpretation until i hear from God. And if i give my understanding to others, it shouldnt be taken as an interpretation from God. Unless He is truley speaking through me, I am only guessing. Right?

love,

steadygaze wrote:
Hi Mia,

I know what I am to write about is on a little different note. I wanted to see what I can gleam from you in regards to what I am about to share.

I am a dreamer of my beloved. Over the years I have been led through my dreams to nations where I have learned and taught missions etc. I have had dreams about things that were to come upon our government in the U.S. and has come to pass and there are more things I have dreamed that have yet to come to pass.

I often desire confirmation on those dreams I struggle with that seem to close to home and I can not quite get it and need more help from others.

Now here is where I am really struggling. Has there been seasons you have walked in that you feel the dreams are not from the Lord and you question everything you dream?

I have been a dreamer for a long time and God has been faithful in the dreams to reveal His heart. Then you dream and you think the Lord is telling you this and that and you step out in faith and then the dream was not what you thought or felt you received at all? Then all of sudden you question it all.

The first time in my walk now I question everything in the the way of dreams and even prophetic words. I am like Lord how do I discern what dream is from my flesh and from the enemy or if it is really from you Lord? I thought I knew how to discern the difference, now I think I do not. This is not because I mistrust the Lord or even doubt the Lord, but because it seems like I am back to knowing nothing. I have learned over the years and have been formed over the years. I often wonder if the Lord brings us back to the land of stupid so we can go deeper in Him.lol

It is an Interesting season I am in. I believe it is a season of a deeper forming in my life right now. I have so many things going on with my health in that it is even forming me, breaking me, and seasoning me.

Thanks for listening, and any insight you can give please let me know.

May the Lord increase His love and His amazing anointing and Blessing on your life.

Steady

I did question dreams for a bit when it seemed that I had dreams that weren't accurate but it turned out that they just happened after the opposite of the dream happened.

For instance, I had a dream that I saw Desiree with a HUGE stack of books and I heard the Lord say "provision". This happened about a month before the fall semester. Desiree was needing funding for school. Well, the school semester came and went and she didn't get it. I thought, "Well, that was completely wrong."

BUT.........

The next year she got a scholarship to the tune of like $20,000. HUGE stack of books.

I've learned that prohpetic dreams are because you'll need a Word from the Lord to hang onto when it looks like it's not gonna happen.

Love,
Mia

daphanie02 wrote:
Amen Mia!! This announcement is confirmation for me as well!

Steady, I know what you mean as well. Even with my God given understanding of a dream, with my own mind i might be able to get some idea of what my own dreams mean, but i can never trust that i have an entire interpretation until i hear from God. And if i give my understanding to others, it shouldnt be taken as an interpretation from God. Unless He is truley speaking through me, I am only guessing. Right?

love,

Right!

Thank you Mia,

I learned this from you a LONG TIME AGO...when I first became a part of this site. You said that if God cared enough to communicate with us in a dream, He did it so we could go to Him to find out what HE is saying to US!! I found that doing this has taken my relationship with him to a whole different level. I RARELY post my dreams here. If I do, it's only when I know what the answer is already and like you said, looking for a confirmation.

My heart weeps when I sense people running to others, they do not know, to find out what God is saying to THEM. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but if I put myself in God's position and I shared a secret with someone, just so they could come to me and spend some time with me, but they go elsewhere, my heart would be sad.

I just wanted you to know that I'm happy you are reiterating this because it is so important TO God and FOR us.

Blessings

Wow, I appreciate this post Mia. Everything you said is "good to know".
I've made the mistake of not turning to God but looking to others for answers...I'll admit it!
It didn't bring me peace in anyway and the Lord showed me what I did wrong.
This website is so blessed to have someone like you, as well as the moderators, so honorable to God and His Word and keeping this site in check. I can appreciate the honesty and boldness of speaking out on these matters.
Thank you!!!
I've learned SOO much from you ladies so far, I truely have. As a newbie I have gone through a trial and error type thing with learning to understand my dreams. And you ladies have contributed to my growth!

mucho mucho love to you all!

We have all made that mistake, Angel. My heart seriously desires a place where people can KNOW for a fact that they are getting the real deal, and not fly by night crackpot interpreters.

I'm glad the site has been a blessing. The interpreters here have blessed the socks off of me too, like you wouldn't believe!

Learning dreams is definitely trial and error. Just like learning anything is. When learning to walk we fall down a bunch of times before we're good at it.

Love,
mia

Wow! You could not have put this in a beter way. I have always known that one needs to learn to depend on God for interpretation and revelation regarding whatever God is speaking to them. But I had never realised that running to others who may interpret incorrectly boils down to divination. Wow! That is an eye opener and should shake those who fear God to striving to come to maturity themselves and learn to rely on God and not others. I am still growing and thank God for people like you whom we can learn from. I am enjoying your site. Had never heard of you before today. Just happened to come across your site and had peace in my spirit as i read your material and decided to join right away. I look forward to learning more from you. God bless and increase you. thumbs
Mat.

Amen, that makes me feel much better, I know we need to go to God first, and I also know He gives the gift to interpret to others, that is why I am here...

I thank God for hearts like your's, which desire to please God above all else. It is such a blessing and it's what makes this place shine before God!

Love,
mia

Thanks so much for all the input it so helps me grow and I know others will too. may you all be richly blessed in our beloved.

Amen Mia, I am new and just wanted to say thank God for your insight and encouragement to the true believers. We need to be reminded that the enemy tries to be crafty and sit among those who are truely called by God to interpret dreams. May God continue to bless you and give you wisdom for this site. Bless You

In Christ,
Trinity609

AMEN MIA!!
PROVISION DID COME FOR ME!!! HALELULIA!

One thing I can add: What Mia told me was confirmation to what a prophet had told me more than 6 years ago. I didn't believe him at first because I had been trying and trying to get a scholarship for years BUT I never gave up and God rewarded me for that. The right season came (when I really needed funding) and I received my scholarship and alot of provision. So what Mia and the prophet said came to pass this past Summer (2010). The bible says in Deuteronomy 18: 21-22- that if what a prophet proclaims is from the Lord does not come to pass when he/she says it, then God did not speak that!

Bottom line: sometimes you just have to be patient! Your blessing is still coming!

p.s. I didn't get $20,000 but I DID I receive 2 scholarships and one of them was for BOOKS!

I bedlieve that prophetic words are given more often when there will be a season of waiting, to help encourage while it looks like nothing is going to happen.

P.S. Thanks, Desiree. I thought I had heard that number but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying. =)

Guest Guest
Could you tell me about this test?

Well we havent gotten it together yet but as soon as we do...we will make a public announcement about it.

Guest Guest
Mia stated that "nobody has passed it", so I thought it was around already. Thank you!

Glory!!! I LOVE It! Mia you are right on POINT! I never mind a loving rebuke or reminder - even of those things I already know. Paul did this all the time with the churches that he wrote to. We have to remember to seek our Lord first, foremost - and diligently. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him!!! Thank you for the exhortation!!!!
Tawana

Hi there Mia,

I quite agree with you on your post. I try to be very careful not to say I am giving an interpretation. I like to give my thoughts unless it is clear from the Lord. I think even with the intent to be of help and not hurt others we can still see things in our own mind and that can twist the whole interpretation and we then give an error. I too pray for my interpretations and the Lord has really been emphasizing that lately. He is the giver of the dream and He knows the meaning. I like you agree that it should be a comfirmation of what we already believe the Lord is telling us.

Good info and thanks,

you go girl! :angel:

Connie

Hi Mia and all...

I just joined. I wanted to put a dream in for interpretation... but I read this, and am not sure that I will now. I really do believe that God, who gave me the dream, is capable of showing me what it means.

Maybe I have been working too hard to understand it. The symbols are pretty scary ones, so I have been worrying and searching for the dream meaning. Maybe I just need to wait.

Thanks Mia, I will trust and wait.

Blessings to you :o) Diane

Diane,

If you haven't found the answer yet post it here and I will try to help you with it.

Love,

Thanks Mia, I did post it... cos' I do still need help with it... I put it in dreams to be interpreted. Thanks :O) Diane