Being dream conscious

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Being dream conscious

Post by jjp708 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi all...boy have I missed you all (I've been gone awhile).

Lately it seems that in my dreams I'm conscious of that fact that I'm dreaming. Not only that but I'm able to ask certain questions in my mind then "make" the dream "answer" them. For example, if someone goes into another room it's like my mind is saying "why did they go in there" then I can "make" myself following them.

Is there a such thing as being dream conscious? I hope I'm not too confusing

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being dream conscious

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Dreams are of God when our natural mind is set aside so I would take care with dreams where you can manipulate a situation. That is a "lucid dream". Is that what you mean?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I would gather that's what it is Nyagali but honestly it's note anything that I can control as stated in the article. I mean I don't go into a dream with intent of "manipulating" it. It's just sometimes I know that I am dreaming.

I will pray deeply about this.

Thanks for your answer.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I have experienced that too. Maybe I have something to learn about this too.

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jjp708 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:01 pm

It's not like I can make people say or do certain things in the dreams. It's more like if I pose a question to myself about something that's going on in the dream I can search the dream (in a sense) to find the answer.

I fully believe that God is in complete control when I dreaming and I'm conscious that I am dreaming because I can usually wake up with some sense of what God is trying to say to me at that time. I was just wondering if others had experienced this before.

Maybe we can learn something together Nyagali.

jjp708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:37 pm

jjp, I've had lucid dreams on occasion and it was strange because in my dreams I'm always doing things not by choice, in the dream, like I'm an unwilling participant or an onlooker. I've always felt like a victim of my dreams.
It was odd when I had them because I had read about lucid dreams just prior to having them.
I became aware that I was dreaming and would take closer looks at the environment and discovered it wasn't very real, like the ground wasn't real grass, etc. I did something else in another one like preach to another dream character, rebuking it or something. That was several years ago and I haven't been aware in my dreams that I know of since.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:31 am

jjp

i know what you mean, i have had dreams like that. it's not that you are controlling the dream but it's just that you sense what will happen before it happens, however you don't actually control it. once in a dream i remember asking this person a question and before the person answers it, i knew the answer, it's hard to explain, it's like your spirit gets the answer first then your conscious mind.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 am

i am sure someone else has experienced this but IRL, sometimes thoughts come to you mind and it actually happens like mins sometimes secs later eg. i could be thinking of something very specific "could" happen, 5 mins would go by and it happens!!! i do believe that its the Holy Spirit speaking to me. I DO NOT have enough experience with this, so do not take my words for the absolute truth, however, I believe it could be the same in our dream life

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 am

Gissy, I seem to get that in real life. I'm Always saying "I knew you were going to say that". Usually it's exactly what they said, but I never say what they are going to say out loud because I never know.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 am

My husband and I will be thinking the same random thought, seriously random, and then one of us will say it. One specific time was I noticed something relatively unnoticeable and something no one would really pay attention to any way. It on a car that drove by when we were driving down the road. Apparently we both had noticed the same random thing and he said something and I was shocked and said that was crazy because we were both looking at the same random thing. It was something tiny on a random car and lot of cars and lots stuff to be looking at. But we were always doing that, thinking the exact thoughts and one of us would say them and the other would say they were thinking the same thing. But, I seem to know what people say before they say it a lot of times anyway.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 am

that's right hf and u know that u know that didn't come from you, sometimes i believe it's God training us to recognize His voice, so when the time comes, you that's God and you act accordingly

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:03 am

That's cool Gissy, I never thought of it like that!! I do understand!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am

yea God is pretty awesome!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:31 pm

Sponsored content