why hiding the cherries under a bush..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

why hiding the cherries under a bush..?

Post by traveller on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:01 am

Hi, would like some additional thoughts on this dream..

I was in a kitchen/social building about to leave when a group of girls arrived outside. I told them there wasnít anyone that could look after them as they were too early. The youth leaders werenít there yet and I couldnít let them in to stay there by themselves. Somehow I was explaining this to them and to someone else (my pastorís wife) but the girls came inside anyway. I stayed with them for a little while and we talked. I felt a bit out of depth with them but they were interested in what I had to say, and they also liked my accent and the stories from my home country. Whilst I was talking/interacting with them, I noticed the guy who's our youth leader had arrived.. he sat at the table with us and was listening to us all.
Then it was really time to leave. I said goodbye and outside a man from church came up to me with a box of cherries. However, someone arrived to the left of the building, the man dropped the cherries and disappeared. I went around the corner of the building to see what heíd done to them, and found them under a bush. I wondered why heíd put them there.. I then started picking up the cherries and I remember sorting through them and picking the dark ripe ones. Then I left with them.

Next scene: Iím taking the stairs in a school building (looked a bit like uni building i went to but different too) and I get to the top floor where the mail boxes/lockers are. Iím looking at them, wondering what Iím doing there. They look more like student lockers: some of them have the door wide open, others are locked. In front of one of the locker boxes is a hole in the floor and I can see way down the building, bit deep, so I step away from that hole. Looking at the other lockers I see one that has no front and has lots of mail in it, and somehow I know itís mine. Iím surprised that I have a mailbox there, but I see my name on the letters, thereís even a parcel in there. I take the whole lot out and walk over to a nearby table in the hall/walkway to open my mail. Iím excited about opening all that mail. I notice there are quite some students around at the other tables, doing their things.

Any insight appreciated:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why hiding the cherries under a bush..?

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

There is a similarity in the dreams to do with communication isn't there? In one you are communicating with the youth and then in the mail dream it you have a lot of people communicating with you. It all seems to be what you enjoy, even if you didn't feel qualified. Others obviously were taking it in. This isn't an interpretation, just an observation. :-)

I don't know what the cherries mean. Someone else had a dream on this and I wondered about that too.

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:09 pm

I do not have any insight for your dream, sorry, do not want to sound selfish but Nyagali is right, it was me who had a dream with a box of unopened cherries and I also wonder what the cherries could symbolize! http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dreams-and-visions-to-be-interpreted-f1/please-help-a-little-bit-rotten-strawberries-t9018.htm

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks joy:)
Funny how different things stick out to people:) I hadn't even thought of the communication thing yet..but that's a true thing, irl i do enjoy real communication with a wide range of people:)

Now, the cherries..hmm.. I absolutely love cherries. When they're in season I buy them almost daily.. and picking out the dark/ripe ones, are exactly what i look for when i buy them, because they're the nicest in taste.

However, the man in the dream, in real life is someone i don't always trust. On the outside all seems fine, but i have an uncomfortable feeling around/about him. He tries to flatter people (speak to the flesh) not just me, but people in general, and it doesn't feel right. Anyway, i am cautious about whatever he says, so him being the one wanting to give me cherries in this dream and then chucking them/hiding them because someone else turned up feels odd.

So, looking at the symbols of that part of the dream: there's something i love supposed to be brought/presented to me by someone i don't trust before i leave... hmm, i wonder what that could be.
More thoughts appreciated anyone, also on the other elements in the dream!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi nubava,
well, that's interesting..i never saw your dream but i actually quite like the answer that desiree gave,about people and their motives, but then that could be applicable to my dream too.. so thanks for sharing:)
In yours the cherries are in a box too, but unopened. In mine, the box is open but the cherries are never given to me because the person gets distracted and obviously changes his mind about giving them to me.
I need to think about this more, will pray about yours too, may God show us both:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am

about people and their motives... ....could be applicable to my dream too
So, going with the motives behind why this man came over with the intention of giving me some fruit but then changes his mind because of someone coming from the left (which reminds me of the expression 'someone coming in from left field') and as a result he chooses to drop the cherries..effectively not sharing anything with me as a result..
Me going to find out what happened to them and picking out the ripe ones, seems to be speaking of i'm not taking all he wanted to give/share/say, but only some of it.. Not sure if that's positive or not yet..
Wonder if the cherries are representing his fruit or what else..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 am

I'm wondering if the man bringing you the cherries was a good thing but he is afraid (intimidated?) and hides the cherries under a bush. Has God brought you a gift that you have hidden? He seems threatened by someone else being there and ran and put the cherries under a bush (tries to hide something that is actually good?). Someone came from the left and he "dropped" them (left field--other people have talked about that recently on dreams too :-) Do all these themes fit into your life?
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi, I don't know..
I feel a bit in the unsure about what God has given me in regard to gifts. I mean, yes He has, but am going through so much cleansing (of my old me) right now, that i can't think of many things why God would want to use me. I know He does and that this is a very necessary stage for me right now, i'm being 'emptied out' so to speak and questioning how and where He can use me for His purposes and not mine. So, yes, me hiding one of His gifts is very well possible.
Can't see the link between that and the man carrying the cherries though..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:12 am

The only thing that occurred to me was how you were sorting through the cherries, selecting the dark ripe ones, and this is like in scripture, when it says to pray for workers for the harvest. It occurred to me that you are called to youth ministry (first part of the dream) and you will be used to bring in the harvest, to find those "ripe".

Kiri

View user profile http://kiricoulstock.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:52 am

Thank you Kiri,
You just reminded me of two things. One the scripture of praying for workers for the harvest, as that's exactly what i've been doing over the last year, within our prayer group, in particular.
And the other thing, youth, could be, but the harvest being brought in reminded me of another dream i had last year: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dreams-and-visions-to-be-interpreted-f1/man-with-dog-spirit-t5613.htm#30332
I almost forgot about that one, but because of your choice of words in your reply it came back to my memory.. I just found it again and that one talks about what i always thought my calling (or part of my calling) was! For reasons mentioned in that post, i have not walked in that.. and also because my current church doesn't actively believe in this, which has been very difficult as I believe it's part of a healthy church to help people to walk in freedom from bondage. Hmm.. However God hasn't released me (yet)from this church but i believe that's about to change but that's another story..

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 am

Could the girls represent those that need to hear the Word but there aren't enough workers for hte harvest? People that are hungry?

Cherries = fruit

Sorting the good fruit from bad = you will know a tree by it's fruit

Your FRUIT (that that man gave you) is the Word and the messages that you have. Prophets are judged by their fruit.

The man is a heavenly messenger which is why he was a man from church.

Hiding under a bush = definitely goes with the first paragraph about no workers being present. Nobody lights a candle and hides it under a bushel.

Locker represents = you

Mail = spiritual messages and revelation

YOU have all these messages within you and YOU need to share them. This is about you not feeling like you are qualified to be sharing what is in you, the Holy Spirit, but it appears you are definitely being called to bring this all from outside of you into the world.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 am

Mia Sherwood wrote:
Locker represents = you

Mail = spiritual messages and revelation

YOU have all these messages within you and YOU need to share them. This is about you not feeling like you are qualified to be sharing what is in you, the Holy Spirit, but it appears you are definitely being called to bring this all from outside of you into the world.

Now, that's what I call confirmation:) I'd like to respond to this later, but am in transit right now, so will get back to this.
Thanks Mia

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi
Peace be with you.
I have not taken the accuracy test yet.
It seems to me like maybe a task or missionfor you in the Body of Christ.You get along well with these young people in the dream,who might mean young ones in Christ.Perhaps you have not even expecting a task like that,what ever it is.
Maybe finding the cherries mean realizing this ability in yourself.
When you found a locker which had no bottom and you could see all throught eh building might mean that you have good insight,understanding.Also your locker with the many letters perhaps means that you care about people.
These were just my first thought.Please make sure you ask the Lord about these.If they are not what He tells you,please toss them.
God bless you.

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Well, finally getting back to this one.
Mia, thanks for your reply, what u wrote clicked within me. I've been having messages inside me that i feel i want to share with people around me, and i've been writing some of them down for later. However, there is indeed a questioning inside me (call it uncertainty/insecurity) about how and when to share. You're right, i don't feel qualified, however i don't want to limit what God wants me to do and i do feel i'm being prepared for something, but not sure what exactly. Me sorting through the fruit to me feels like i'm taking stock of what sort of fruit i've actually been producing for/in the Kingdom. Me leaving the first scene with the lack of labourers and me going to the next scene in the building seems to symbolize a shift from realizing the need, taking stock of the fruit, to getting to another level where messages (and parcel) are being opened (shared).

Ditte, thanks for your reply too. The part where i see the hole in the floor, could mean more things: i've received insight in certain things pertaining the building i'm in, but noticing the hole seems dangerous to me in the dream too..as i step away from it in order not to fall into this hole.. not too sure what that's about yet.
Thanks both for your replies.
God bless you.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:57 pm

I see the entire dream as being two dreams in one. The cherries and the messages are the same dream.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top