Indian Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Indian Man

Post by flexmom on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm

In May I had a very disturbing dream about an Indian man about to have his hand nailed to a board; a young child with us was sent out in boots(?) so he wouldn't hear the screaming. The Indian had no idea what was coming. My reaction (as a bystander) was that I wanted to leave, too! I didn't want to hear the painful cries that would come when it happened.....

I'm curious what the Indian man represents....this is an Indian as in teepees vs from the country of India.

flexmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Indian Man reply

Post by sunshine on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Just to let you know, I have not taken the accuracy test yet...

I usually ask the dreamer what things represent to them. As Mia said, it's important to ask the Lord what He is communicating to you. My first impression is that the Indian represents 'native' america, or the USA in it's earliest creation. When we see an Indian, we think of early america. The young child may be our government, as our government is very young in relationship to most others in the world. I'm not sure of your political views, however it would seem on the surface that our nation is about to be hurt, (the indian) even though we are unaware of what is coming. Hands are important tools that are necessary in every area of our life from prospering, to comforting. Hands that are bound to a board would make us dependant on others, (as a country) not independant as we've been since 1776. The child (or our government) is sent out looking the other way as not to hear the screaming. (or being distracted by others so not to notice). The boots the child is wearing may represent troops, or hard work. Your reaction, much like many of us, is that we'd like to run as well, and just not have to hear the crys of a wounded child of God.
If any of this confirms something in your heart, perhaps the Lord is making you aware of something that is trying to hurt your nation, and making you aware that running will not save the 'indian' - it will only protect your emotions. Perhaps the Lord is showing you something to pray for protection for that 'indian' and for strength to stand up to the ones who are about to nail his hand to a board. Knowing that the child (gov't - which in the case of the USA is 'the people' not washington) is being protected from knowing about the upcoming painful event, may be the Lord showing you that things can happen with purpose around us that are being hidden from us under the guise that we are not 'mature' enough to understand.
Wow, Such a tiny little dream with so much meaning! I didn't mean to go on for so long - what I thought was revealed to me at first grew alot while I was writing and praying.
As I said earlier, please ask the Lord to confirm what He was communicating to you - and let me know if any of this made any sense at all. It revealed alot to me - so thanks so much for sharing! I hope I communicated in a way that is understood. If not, feel free to question me.
In His love - sunshine

Last edited by sunshine on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Indian Man

Post by One Door on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello flexmom,
The following is my perspective on your dream.
Because of the contents of this dream, I believe the Indian man symbolizes what is "fierce". A meaning of the word fierce is "savage" and Indians were (at one time) known as savages.
Nails symbolizes words; words that are "fastened" in the memory; unmovable; unchangeable; permanent. Being nailed; being fastened.
The hand symbolizes "work(s)",
The boots symbolize "warring in the spirit"; spiritual warfare being done.
Because the child was sent to do spiritual warfare, the words (nails) that are going to be spoken are going to be of a cruel nature (fierce) to someone and not easily forgotten. Because the hands represent work(s), this may be showing you the situation at hand (no pun intended) may happen at your place of work. The dream shows it is "about" to happen which means at the time of the dream this represented it happening in the future.
Again, this is my perspective on your dream.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flexmom on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 am

Thank you both so much for your thoughtful responses; it certainly did hold a lot in such a "small" dream. Logically it makes very much sense the way you both laid it out...however, they are both very different interpretations....so I'm not sure what this means? I"m too new at this dream analyzing stuff to really know which way God is leading me after I pray.
What I remember most about the dream was the dread of what was to come, but the fact that it *was* coming and there was nothign I could do about it.

flexmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi Flexmom,
The Lord would not give you a dream to confuse you. Just ask Him if it was a communication from Him, to please let you know thru confirmation or maybe another dream. The Lord would never frighten you. If you feel frightened, simply pray for protection, and rebuke the fear. I was struggling with hearing from God at one time, and I'll never forget this simple annalogy. It's God's job to speak to you. He knows who you are, and what it takes for you to hear from Him. Like we would do with our children. We wouldn't whisper to a child, or 'hint' around if we were warning them. Neither would your father do that to you. If your child didn't hear you, you would raise your voice. If your child didn't understand you, you would explain in a way he would. So it is with our Lord, only He is so much more perfect and loving than we are with our children. Relax, thank Him for the awareness that He may speak thru a dream, and put the responsibility of your understanding back into His hands where it belongs.
There is no harm in praying for your country - God will honor that you 'think' he may have asked you to do so. Likewise, there is no harm in praying for protection from any harmful words to yourself or your loved ones, so offer a simple prayer for this as well. We have to be very careful that the dream does not take the place of focus which should always be on Jesus. He loves you so very much. He does not want you to be confused about a dream.
I would simply tell the Lord, 'I don't know what this dream meant, but I would like to know if you were speaking to me'. I am lifting it up to you. If you'd like me to understand it, please give me the understanding. If not, I love you regardless, and I will not let it upset me.
The most important thing to do to help begin to see what this means to you, is to close your eyes, and think about what an Indian means to you. No dream books, or dictionary's will know the intimate nature that you and God hold. You are the only one who knows what the figure of an indian means to you, and then ask the Lord why his hand was being nailed. It will come to you, or it's not important enough. You would never leave your child wondering around with instruction that didn't make sense to him. Neither would Jesus.
I'll pray for you as well.
Just so you know, your dream meant alot to me. I've been praying for our country since I read this, so perhaps the only reason for the dream was to post it here! You never know.
God bless you!

sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top