Room full of worship leaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Room full of worship leaders

Post by vince merc on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:17 am

I was with a group of young worship leaders who had apparently gathered together to be trained. All of these young people were musicians and it seemed that they all played the keyboard. I remember feeling out of place because I did not play. I watched as they were practicing and I remember specifically focusing on their hands as they played the keyboards. We all went into a large room where these worship leaders were sitting around the walls of the room and there was a young man in the middle of the room who was apparently the instructor.

I walked in and just inside the door was an old piano that was missing the top and really seemed worn out. I sat on a chair just behind the piano and an old man in overalls was sitting at the key side of this piano. I remember thinking that he seemed way out of place in this group, sort of like me. He started to play the piano and it was really amazing what he was playing. I moved along the side closer to him and he said a few things to me, but the room was now getting silent as the instructor was getting ready to start. One of the students walked up to us and said we needed to be quiet. I looked at him and said we were not talking (we had already stopped). Then the teacher had the students start to play something and again I remember watching their hands. One guy in the corner was really playing great. Then the instructor sternly corrected one of the young ladies who had apparently played something wrong and I remember seeing her face as she was either embarrassed because of the way he talked to her or because of her apparent mistake. Then I woke up.

vince merc

View user profile http://www.fatherspeaks.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Room full of worship leaders

Post by unaday* on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 am

Do you have a desire or urge to play an instrument as a worship leader?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by vince merc on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:24 am

Hey Ynaday. No, not any more. I use to play my accordian at the church years ago until so many people asked me where my monkey was... Actually, my second son is a worship leader and sons 3 and 4 play with him!

vince merc

View user profile http://www.fatherspeaks.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top