Scary!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scary!!

Post by verni.chetty on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:58 am

Hi
My husband had a strange dream last night & it goes as follows:
In his dream he saw somebody holding a black cloth. The person holding the black cloth said ' the person that I hand this cloth to has satan in him'. He then handed the cloth to the person which turned out to be my Dad.
He then woke up but next to the bed he saw a kind of white mist slowly fading away & the curtain at the window lift up a little as if there was a breeze in the room.
We find this a very concerning dream.
If possible, please interpret this for me. My husband is a new Christian. He came to know the Lord about 3 months ago & is now very involved in the church.
This dream really freaked us out.

verni.chetty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scary!!

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 am

Many Christians have a wrong view of satan based on what we see in the bible and what has been preached for generations from people who learned from other people....but we have to hear from Jesus and stop hearing from MAN. I share the following and don't know if it is what the moderators believe, but it comes from what the Lord has been teaching me and what I see to be true at this point in my life.

Satan means advisory, it has been preached and taught that advisory MEANS satan. Why is that? Satan is a created being, he can only be in ONE place at a time and if you read the book of Job, he had to ask God's permission. He has no authority on his own. Lucifer is referred to as Satan because he was a created being and chose to be as God. This comes from the Tree in the garden of Eden or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil: you will be LIKE God. This is the advisory in our life. It is our desire to do things in our own power (SELF) not through Jesus, who is the tree of life. Notice that Jesus called Peter, his own disciple, who HE CHOOSE, "satan" in the garden of Gethsemane. Why and how is that? Peter was not satan himself as we think of satan But what satan is is our desire to HELP God (which is our self who wants to be as God.) It is easier to think of Satan as some being out there who has power than to think we have satan (or an advisory) in us when we do things out of the power of God who lives in us. It is easier to blame satan for our problems than to look right inside of us and see it is much closer than an outer force. It is hard, or impossible to look at our own flesh and self! It is easier to blame satan for our struggles. But MOST of the time it isn't his problem

Also, when the bible was put together by King James, it was under the catholic church. Take a look in a Strong's concordance for "satan" and see the root of the word. They did not translate it, they left it from the word Satain (Forget the real spelling). I'm not saying a real Satan doesn't exist, but he isn't what most of the church has been taught today. It is deeper than this but I had to share that to get to the dream.

I have not taken the accuracy test on this forum but based on that little understanding of the word satan, this is what I see....

The father in the dream could represent "the old man" that your husband has been saved from: The Father-in-law has a desire for SELF righteousness or WORKS righteousness, not a righteousness of God, which is what the whole book of Job is about. Job was an honestly good, righteous man. He did good things, he was blessed. The Lord had to show Job where all that came from, in him and in his life around him. The Lord is simply showing your husband that he is a new creation, but the old man is still related to him. The white mist is the Spirit of God upon your husband. The window is the revelation God is bringing to him as a new believer.

II Cor 12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. (notice that "a messenger of Satan" is in brackets after "a thorn in my flesh"? Paul is explaining what the thorn in the flesh is. Does Paul have Satan? God forbid in the traditional sense.....satan is his advisory, his self that comes up...read Romans 7.

Joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected)

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello,
The white mist and the breeze that lifted the curtain represents the Holy Spirit.
Not having anymore information than what you tell here, I would like to ask how does your husband (and you)see your Dad? What does your Dad mean to you and your husband?

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree with Nyagali that there is only one satan but there are many demons which are also in the world infecting people and leaving those people in need of delivering.

Satan can and often is a term that is used generically to mean demon or devil.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 am

One Door, that's probably a more accurate thought about the father-in-law than what I previously said. Thanks.

I agree Mia, and the problem I see is that too often we attribute more to the demons or even the generic thought of "satan" (having power) than we do to the struggle Paul speaks way more of, and that is "self"--oftentimes "doing the thing I don't want to do"....and that doesn't come from Satan or his demons in the way that has been taught from churches for the most part.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:00 pm

I totally agree that we blame more on demons than they are responsible for.

I'd also like to add that people oftentimes represent people other than themselves.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Scary!!

Post by verni.chetty on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks. this is all starting to make sense.
My Dad & my husband were very close until about 3 months ago when a conflict within the family arose. since then they are civil to one another but have not been able to reconstruct the relationship that they had previously had.

verni.chetty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:57 am

~Verni,

I also have to agree with Mia and Nyagali. This is an area that has not and should be taught about more in the body of Christ. The advisary is the devil but we have a choice. The advisary gives us thoughts and suggestions but it is up to us to decide. Hence the gift of choice. We either choose life or death. We can't blame satan for our choice. We must take the responsibility on our own. satan won't be answering for that on judgement day, I assure you. We will. Pride is the beginning to the fall...we become pridefull and hence our downfall.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi verni,

I have not taken the accuracy test.

For your discernment, take or leave as lead.

I believe this black cloth could represent a mantle that is being handed to/placed upon your father.

side note:
In Bible days, a mantle was an outer cloak used for additional covering and warmth, especially at night. The mantle was essentially the only "blanket" the person had so even when used as a pledge the law required it be returned before bedtime.
From the idea of something that "covers" in the natural, a mantle easily comes to represent spiritual covering also. Mantles usually refer to spiritual authority and anointing. A great example of a spiritual mantle which passed from one person to another is Elijah and Elisha.

I believe The Lord is not only showing your husband that any problems he may have with dad is due to opposition from the enemy, and to see the spirtual forces at work there...but also to pray for your Fathers deliverance from evil.

The show of the Holy Spirit concerning the prophetic was awesome in this dream. It really shows Gods love as your husband learns more of Him.

Your husband is a new Christian, but it looks like the Lord is ready to put him to work right away concerning spiritual battle.
God quickens who He desires and when.
Time is short!
The Holy Spirit will reveal what he needs to know as he seeks God through prayer and His Word.

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 am

Please forgive me, I do not mean to nit-pick, Nyagali, as I have great respect for your answers. Satan is our "adversary", (as in coming against us), not our advisory (as in someone giving us advice). I know it's a minor thing, but perhaps it could confuse someone new who reads this thread.

Kiri

View user profile http://kiricoulstock.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top