struck by lightning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

struck by lightning

Post by fourakres on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:28 pm

i dreamed that me and a small group of people were packing for a missions trip. me and a young lady were talking about how excited we were. i had my stuff laid out to pack. a couple of ladies were packing for me into 1 suitcase. the lady leader of the the team, who i had met before and experienced problems with, asked me (nicely and friendly) which things I could leave behind b/c my suitcase wasn't big enough. i told her i could take just 1 or 2 small individual bags of snacks instead of all of them. then i remembered i had another suitcase and found it, so i could take everything after all.

then the young lady i had been talkig to said she was scared b/c it was fixing to storm outside. i reassured her.

i called and talked to my grandparents (not my real ones). in the dream, my grandmother was Marily Hickey and my grandfather was the old tv show, the Walton's, grandfather. My grandmother said the storm was there too and it was worse there--coming from the north, south, east and west.

then i was there with them, outside with my grandfather. the lightning started to strike and we scrunched down & hurried to huddle underneath a big bush or small tree. i could feel the electricity in the air. the lightning struck me on the right side of my neck, but it stayed there. it didn't strike quickly & disappear. i started rebuking it at the top of my voice. as i kept on rebuking it, my voice started getting weaker.

i woke up and was having a cramp in the side of my neck that the lightning struck me on in the dream.

notes: this is the 2nd time i've dreamed about being struck by lightning. i can't remember the first one though, but know it was fairly recent. I had read a small booklet by Marilyn Hickey before going to sleep the night i had the dream. also, when i woke up, and before i opened my eyes, i could see images flashing in my vision, like a bunch of numbers and other stuff, maybe like lines and squiggles.

anybody got a clue what being struck by lightning means?

fourakres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: struck by lightning

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:28 pm

As Jesus said,“For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day” Lk17:24. Lightening as 2 points....a beginning and an ending. Lightening moves from one point under heaven to another point on earth. Rom.8:18,21 We live in this world that is perishing and we can be set free from its control and experience life on the spiritual, powerful, never decaying, and never dying realm of God.

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:19 am

I know you haven't replied yet and I didn't really offer an interpretation to your dream. I just wanted to add that last night we had one of the biggest thunder storms I've ever heard. It was incredible! It was awesome!! The power that comes from a storm like that is amazing. The earth is also SO green after lightening. There is some new research (or at least nothing I'd heard before) that shows that plants and grass do get greener and brighter after a storm....you'd have to google it to see what I'm talking about...

I was also aware that there is no lightening without the sound of thunder. If you type in "thunder" in biblegateway.com you will come up with a lot of hits. I know in your dream you were rebuking the lightening. But sometimes what we think if meant for evil is really God at work. I would find it almost hard to believe that lightening was not of God. We are often afraid and don't understand what he is doing, but it doesn't mean it isn't his handiwork. Unless a seed fall to the ground and die it will bear no fruit. This is what comes to my mind about lightening.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fourakres on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 am

well, to be honest, i really didn't witness to your first email.

what you say in this 2nd email is certainly true, but i actually think that in this particular case, it's warfare and a negative thing, b/c of all the storms coming from every direction and all the electricity in the air.

now that i've had time to ponder it, i believe the dream's about a ministry opportunity I had signed up for that wasn't the right one for me. b/c of other things that have happened, i've resigned and now I'm at peace. until then, I had been dealing with fear and heavy spiritual warfare.

fourakres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:17 am

When we see in life that God is in control of EVERYTHING, then we know that even what was meant for evil, God turns to good. He directed you in and through and maybe more importantly, BECAUSE of the storm. He is in it all.
Blessings!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fourakres on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:43 am

true, but i don't see any need in stepping out into something that's not His best and not in His will. He has sent me warning dreams in the past and i've learned to receive them as best i can. it's helped me avoid a lot of battles & wounds that He didn't intend for me to step off into. yes, He would have healed me of them and helped me through them, but why go through that if you don't have to?

fourakres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 am

fourakres wrote: He has sent me warning dreams in the past and i've learned to receive them as best i can.
fourakres wrote:it's warfare and a negative thing, b/c of all the storms coming from every direction and all the electricity in the air.

:coffee: I'm trying to understand what you mean by these 2 statements above. You say "He has sent me warning dreams...." as well as "it's...a negative thing". I do see that you believe it is a warning from God, but then why say it is spiritual warfare and a "negative thing"? Is God not in control of everything and in everything? How can the lightening not be of Him then if you then say it is God warning you? It seems you separate what comes from God and what doesn't.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fourakres on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

hmmmm. let me see if i can express what i'm talking about.

i've been taught that you can step out into stuff that's not in God's will, and if you do, you can come under much more severe attack, and even endanger yourself (you "open doors" to the enemy). i received that teaching from one lady, who i no longer am under anymore, and have had to "unlearn" some other stuff that was taught that i've since learned is incorrect. this may be another one of those......

re: "it's warfare" i meant that i've been having demons come into my room at night, and i've had to fight to get them out. and it started happening after i signed up to be an altar worker @ a conference that this same lady is going to be an altar worker at. (which if i had known that, i wouldn't have signed up for it).

re: "it's a negative thing": i meant that the storms and lightning in the dream was negative, i.e., that they were from the enemy, not the Lord. that the dream was warning me to not do the conference, which the mission trip represented in the dream.

re: "God being in control of everything": is He in control when children get molested (or murders, whatever)? He allows all of us to make decisions, even if it hurts ourselves and others. I would rather not make a decision that is out of His will and then have to go thru the suffering to get free of it.....at the same time, i realize this teaching came from that lady, who i realized later was in bondage to fear......

i appreciate you're taking the time to talk to me about this. and I welcome further discussion on this.

i'm always open to other's perspectives b/c i realize that i don't know everything and that i've been taught some wrong things. so if I have an incorrect perspective on something, i wanna know so I can get free of it!!!

many thanks and blessings!
Elizabeth

fourakres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 am

Thank you, thank you for taking this in the right spirit!! HUGS! I have had to "un-learn" SO many things. My goodness. What a mess the church is in, YET I firmly believe God is in control of everything.

The problem with evil is an never ending debate. I don't have a firm answer on this, but it is one of those things I am relearning so I can only share where I am at today in this topic. Maybe next year the Lord will have opened up more! He is so good!

If God made the 2 trees in the garden, then we have to admit it was him who "created" (not sure that's the best word for this) evil too (good and evil are the same tree and He is the tree of life). But it isn't really create it is the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. I think this is where we get messed up. We think we know (the knowledge of) what is good and what is evil, but we don't. It is the knowledge of it where we mess up. Take a look back on your own life. If you are like me, some hard things in the past, have turned around to be the best thing to have ever happened. But usually only in retrospect. In the moment it is painful and not easy to go through. In my own life my husband became a drug addict for about 11 years. During that time God worked out a lot of things in me! I was a "good" girl. I thought I knew what was good and what was evil and I tried to be the good. BUT, wow, did I have some things to learn THROUGH those hard, difficult, painful years. I can't say any of it was from the devil or I would have to admit God was not fully in control of everything: even me having an affair during that time. God had to take me down to such a place that I had NOTHING. To see that my "goodness" could not keep up. I had to see that my life and my source of life was Jesus. I was living in the knowledge of good and evil. I thought I knew what was right or wrong. God showed me I hadn't a clue...but HE does. This is why the scripture says to one it is a sin and to another it isn't...how can that be? It can be because we DON'T KNOW...only God does.

I think that teaching about us stepping in and out is simply people trying to figure out what is good and what isn't. Life gets exhausing living that way. I know I was. But we have the Spirit of the Living God who lives in us every moment of the day. We don't always recognize this and that is why we strugle or don't hear his voice, but he is never not in us. He just wants to cut away those parts of self, the flesh so that what people see is Jesus manifesting himself in this mortal flesh!!

I so agree with you about "why go through something if we don't have to"! This is one way dreams show us the simple way in life. But if we have a wrong understanding of what devil means or what evil means then we will usually interpret the dream wrong. I'm not an interpreter on this forum, I am learning here and very thankful to be here.

Nice to get to know you. :-)
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fourakres on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 pm

thanks and you are soo right! i've been through many tough things to, and God really did a work in me through them.

guess what I read this morning? Isaiah 51:12-16a. it's about He is the One who comforts me. who am I to be afraid of man? and why be continually afraid every day of the oppressor? wow!!!!

regarding the conference for which i wanted to sign up to be an altar worker, i sensed that it was time for me to step out and towards what God has for me to do, one of which is to lay hands on and pray for people. (been doing it at church some, so not completely unexperienced at it). then, i find out this lady is involved and I've got to get the forms from her. she hems and haws around for a week and a half and doesn't get me the forms. during this time, the warfare at night was intense.

so i'm thinking at the time, b/c of the teaching i rec'd and believed, that since i didn't have peace about it and all this warfare came about, that i had made a wrong choice and had "opened the door" to the enemy. then the dream.

but since this morning when I replied to you, i've really really been pondering this. even when i typed it, i knew it was rooted in fear, which is what she's in bondage to, and what i've struggled with myself.

so i open up the Word to that scripture after typing my earlier response, and holy cow! there it is! GOD is saying--DON'T BE AFRAID OF PEOPLE AND DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DEVIL! I CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH. DON'T YOU THINK I'M BIG ENOUGH TO PROTECT YOU AND TAKE CARE OF THAT STUPID DEVIL?

oh me oh my! He is really freeing me up here!!

to get back to the conference issue, i sent her an email saying never mind, i've become connected with another women's ministry that would actually provide me more opportunities to minister. and she apologized for offending me, but DID NOT express any regret or sorrow that i wasn't going to be an altar worker. further proof that she had already decided that she "heard from the Lord' that i wasn't supposed to be an altar worker.

okay...so while i'm waiting for 1 1/2 weeks to hear from her, i hear 2 things from the Lord: maybe this will be the time for me and her to establish a healthy relationship (more like a friendly acquaintance) and the scripture where Paul (or Peter, can't remember which) said, "there is an effectual door for ministry AND there are many adversaries." he didn't say BUT, as in "i'm not gonna do it b/c of the adversaries."

and as i read the Isaiah scripture, i thought about Jesus and all the torture and scorn He went through, and the disciples too. was it the devil? absolutely! did they let that stop them? NO!

so, i'm praying about my next step. the lady who is the TRUE altar worker leader asked me a couple of yrs ago 2 or 3 times to be one, but i just didn't feel like it was the right time. i may call her and talk to her about it.

Joy, I cannot begin to thank you enough for questioning me on this. it really made me look at it again from a different perspective. know that you were used mightily of the Lord our conversations to help me get set free of this false teaching!!

I would appreciate your prayers as I seek the Lord on how to best deal with this. I want to use His wisdom.

it's good to get to know you too! God is soo good!
Elizabeth

fourakres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top