butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interpreting Dreams

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 pm

What an awesome question Butterfly!!!

I must say that I believe you have a great handle on understanding the dreams here. I appreciate how you go back to the dreams that have never been responded to and give your insight on the dreams.

Blessings! :yes:

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Join the club!! lol! I just started taking my dreams more seriously within the last several months as God has brought them all back to my rememberance and since I've been dreaming like crazy again. I've been dreaming since 8 or 9 years old and I'm 41 so do the math...hehehehe!

I'm thinking that ANYONE who has a yielded and patient heart to interpret dreams can do it since it's GOD that gives the interpretation. That's my take on it, but I look forward to anyone else who may have input and who can answer your question.

You are most welcomed for the encouragement...it came straight from my heart. flower

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 am

This was a good question indeed!
I remember years ago when the Lord started giving me dreams and visions. I would post them out there just hoping for any interp. I was new in this. For a season the Lord allowed the false interps people were giving me. I began to get warnings in my spirit that these interps were wrong- coming from the flesh and not of the Holy Spirit.

I began to pray Lord, I dont want to be like any of these people giving false interps or speaking falsely in your name or even second guessing You Lord Jesus. I began to ask the Lord to give me the interps that I would know that I would know they come from Him. He was Faithful to answer, hallelujah!

As soon as a vision or dream would happen . I was quickened in the Holy Spirit by either the Holy Spirit speaking forth or automatically verses given concerning the vision and I praise God for that. It is not something to take lightly. We can guess what we think with our fleshly minds what something may mean. The Lord showed me in His word. Daniel interpeted dreams and it came straight from the Holy Spirit as well as Joseph. it grieves the Lord because its no different the false prophets who say Jesus said, when He didnt.... There are more false prophets and people whom want the gift so bad, they will jump ahead of the Lord and not wait or be patient. He may not even have that specific gifting for them .....We must never pick and choose what the Lord has for us sincerely!

Just like in the bible there were more false prophets than and so it is today.
Many are not what they say or think they are. The sad thing is some were true to their first love- Jesus, but they fell away to follow another. We read in the new testemant in 2 Timothy 3- that many in the last days shall fall away being decieved and decieving others. Pleasures of men rather than a pleasing of God.
I pray praying daily Lord let me never stray from your gospel truths Lord God....
none of us are perfect but are being perfected(maturing) in Christ Jesus.
there is a place we can walk, Jesus said, simply I believe it :babymonkey: as He has called us each to righteousness, truth, holiness unto him, forsaking all to follow after Him and to love Him with all our hearts, soul and mind:) Hallelujah! He died for us so we can live for Him and He in us...earthen vessels fit for the Master's use! King Jesus :clap:
praiseGod

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Butterfly,

I for one am also wading through this question. I tend to not feel comfortable interpreting, so I just don't for the most part. I believe He wants us to, but as with anything else, it will come through much prayer, feeding on the Word of God, and listening for His voice.

Thank you for the question!!! thumbs

Delaine

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 am

The Lord says that He gives us a (sound mind.)
Why would I want to take some brain perfermance tests? I dont understand, could you please explain.

much love in Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikki32408 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:08 am

Hey one1cross,

If you read the article on Christian Dream Intrepretation you will understand, It just shows you if you are more apt to dream about others (that's all) but I do encourage you to check the article out...

Sincerely,
Vikki

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 am

Butterfly -

I have been struggling with the same question but, like Cholette, I feel that this is a gift that the Lord will give freely to anyone who earnestly and sincerely seeks it (and for the right reasons, i.e., is it to become closer to God? Will it give God glory or the person seeking the gift?).

At the same time, like all spiritual gifts, it takes time to develop. Yes, there are some people who seem to have an anointing in this area from day one like Joseph and Daniel. But my guess is that most of us have to go through a period of learning, practicing, discernment, etc. Which is why we're here. We're apprentices in this gifting, learning the tools and nuances of interpretation. With every dream I read, I learn more about symbols, context, emotions and how these drive the interpretation, etc. (Didn't Daph post something to this effect in another section? That our spiritual gifts are like instruments...if we don't practice "playing" them, our ability won't develop/improve/grow stronger...)

I like the fact that in your replies that you state at the onset that you're not an interpreter but want to offer insight (although I believe you are, you're just young in this gifting... thumbs consider stating instead that you're new to interpretation or still learning how to interpret...). That's good for the recipient (especially newer members/guests) to know upfront.

I also like that you often go back to dreams that no one else has interpreted - someone else is potentially blessed and it's good practice for you. I would add here that in doing this, make sure that it's because you're led to do so by the Holy Spirit. Pensador posted something recently regarding dream interpretation that I found very useful (can't remember where he posted it on the website though). In it he states that dreams come from either God, the devil, or the excess pizza we ate the night before... :roflx: ...that's not a direct quote, but the point is that sometimes our dreams are of the flesh and there is no interpretation.

Let me offer what has helped me so far in case it blesses you. And in turn, if you or anyone else who has sensed an increased confidence in using your gift have anything to add, please do so that we can all be blessed as well. I pray before (and while) reading the dreams. As I read the dreams if I feel I have an interpretation, I wait to see what more experienced interpreters offer. Sometimes my interpretation is consistent (aah, confirmation!), sometimes way off, sometimes consistent but one aspect of the dream touches my spirit that didn't seem to be commented on. This has proven to be a great way of learning for me. Sometimes a verse comes to mind immediately, there are times that the interpretation is strong and I just know that the Holy Spirit wants me to offer the interpretation so I do (with the disclaimer). As someone has described, it's like a quickening in my spirit...sometimes it feels like a burden that weighs heavily on my spirit until I do post. Over time, the prodding to post has increased. So I just follow the prodding because that's the Holy Spirit (at least for me).

I guess one question is at what point does one move from being an "apprentice" to an intepreter? This question doesn't have a black and white answer because the answer will be different for each person...actually, there is an answer: You'll know them by their fruit...

The other piece to this is to see if you can tie your interpretation to the Bible via a verse or a biblical experience, parable, etc. The Bible is the beginning and end so if your interpretation doesn't have a biblical basis then it's likely that the interpretation is coming from you, not God. This is also why it's important to stay in the Word regularly - you can't discern a biblical basis if you don't know the Bible. And this too comes with time (as I am finding). While it is the Holy Spirit working through us to give the interpretation, I feel like we do ourselves, others, and God a disservice (hmm, I said that before in another post) if we aren't studying the Word...no knowledge, no discernment, etc.

The other thing thing that I do is go back through Mia's dream interpretation website and reread the articles on prophecy and dream interpretation to remember the guiding principles. Someone posted another website that offers dream interpretation materials (Vicki?)...while I know this was done in an encouraging spirit, I would suggest that you run the materials by Mia first before posting external information. One of the reasons she created this website is because of misinformation that she (and others) have found on other websites and from other sources. One goal of this website that I recall is to minimize confusion and inaccuracy by staying focused on the biblical basis for dream interpretation, symbolism, etc. I'm not saying that the website you referred falls into this category, but then again I'm not saying that it doesn't...

Butterfly, I know I've been blessed by your input on this website so felt led to offer some encouraging words. You're not alone on this path!

Blessings,

Lurdys

P.S. One1Cross - Amen, Amen, and Amen!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

xxxooo

Post by Vikki32408 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:22 pm

xxxooo

Last edited by Vikki32408 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Vicki,
I truly did not judge but I do not feel in the Holy Spirit to take any type of brain tests. If God wanted me to I think He would have asked us all. God doesnt work that way and Im sorry your offended but Im not sorry for speaking the truth, sincerely.

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

XXXOO

Post by Vikki32408 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 pm

XXXOOO

Last edited by Vikki32408 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not a good post)

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Vicki,

I believe it would be totally ignorant for me to take some brain performance tests and I clearly believe that something like that your trying to offer is not of God. You say its based on the word of God. I have the word of God and there are no tests in the word for me take. Why Vicki, with all sincerity would I want to do that? God knows how my brain functions because He made my brain, praise Jesus. I dont believe there is anything wrong with speaking the truth. You may have felt led to go there, I honestly do not. If the Lord guides my footseps than I believe He is telling me not to and I trust the Holy Spirit to lead and guide me into all truth:) I believe as Lurdy said, before posting a link you probably truly need to make sure it is okay sincerely.

much love in Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

XXXOO

Post by Vikki32408 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:49 pm

XXXOOO

Last edited by Vikki32408 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not good)

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm

No I have never taken a personality test for a job. so I honestly cannot answer that question. im far from religious, thats the problem people just get out there and left field thinking they can intertwine anything they want with the word of God. This is where truth and error can come in ever so sneaky. God made it simple and people make it hard.

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Also means we can wrongly divide it. Vicki its just that its small things like this that can take people out into left field. One door opening into another.

We need to be careful to much garbage out there as it is. i praise God that i am carfeul what I look into, and we all should be, amen?

Vicki,

I know your angry and thats okay but for you to say we were close to the Kingdom is out of a hate-anger because someone doesnt agree with you.... Remember not everyone is going to agree with you or with me, its just that way. People will always have their differences but on how we react and deal with them, will be this: you will know them by their fruits, amen?
much love in Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Vikki -

I think you meant me, not Butterfly. Will send you a PM to discuss further...

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:19 pm

I took the brain indicator test through their ministry when I was studying under them. My results came up perfectly in the middle even though my dreams are highly prophetic. So, I'd say it isn't very accurate.

Also, I LOVE that ministry. They are the reason I am interpreting dreams today. HOWEVER, they are also the reason that I started this site: TO teach dream interpretation as biblically based and free from error as I possibly can. I know personally that they are teaching things that are completely error because I've taken their courses (and paid hundreds of dollars to do so). Therefore, I have removed the link and would direct people to www.miasherwood.com instead.

Vikki, I totally thank you for participating and wanting to help. Please don't be offended that I've removed the information and please don't be offended about this topic. I agree there was nothing wrong with taking a brain indicator test, it probably just isn't very helpful considering the inaccuracy.

To all members, I would like to encourage you to be sweet, kind and considerate at all times. Remember what your momma told you, If you don't have something edifying to say, don't say anything at all.

Love ya tons,
Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:20 pm

This is why the Lord is so upset with people. You cannot teach what the Holy Spirit can only bring forth in someone. Thats like saying move over Holy Spirit I got this one. No one has taught me but through the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part but I am going to remove myself from here.

May the Lord guide and direct each of you in His truth and may the Holy Spirit teach you and not man.

much love in
Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:22 pm

God bless you too. But I disagree to some extent. A person can have a seed of a gift but may need to be taught what they are experiencing. Samuel heard the Lord call him three times but it took another person to help him recognize the Lord's voice. This is no different.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Thank you Mia, I understand what your saying but the gifts are of the Holy spirit, true? Thats like trying to say let me teach you how to pray in tongues.
God wants ALL the credit and it not to point to man. See you had to pay some man for courses? the gifts are just that (gifts of the Holy Spirit) and the Lord say to you and I and to all....in You need no man to teach you for I have sent the holy Spirit who teach and guide you. how can man posssibly think they can teach a gift that comes from the Holy Spirit. Its like selling the gifts..... Im grieved by this truly! I would never pay anyone to teach me when I have the best TEACHER of all- precious precious HolySpirit!
much love in Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, first, let's first communicate better. I would like to say to everyone that the tone of this thread is distrubing to me. We need to communicate to one another in love and not with judgment and criticism. I am very adament that we do not bite and devour one another for any reason and especially not related to the Kingdom of God. Matthew 5 basically says that Christians without love are worthless and that is the standard here. We need to be examples for the rest of the world of how to behave right. There should be enough evidence in our every day lives to convict us of the charge of being a Christian.

As for the things we are talking about, I was studying for a ministry degree in Christian leadership. In this world, whether we like it or not, people want to see that we are capable and a piece of paper often tells them so. Dream interpretation was one of the elective courses and I chose it and paid to take it. I can assure you that I wish all ministries were free like this one but they are not. I've not yet found a place that would give me a degree for free.

Yes, the gifts are of the Holy Spirit. However, the Holy Spirit has also ordained the ministry of teacher. What would the body of Christ need a teacher for if it was not to help us understand the things of the spirit? Simply because a person is teaching under the anointing of the Holy Spirit in no way takes away from Him receiving the credit and the glory. After all, He anointed and equipped them.

1 Corinthians 12:29
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

Ephesians 4:11
It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,

Hebrews 5:12
In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

James 3:1
[ Taming the Tongue ] Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

For years, I was ignorant of what was going on in my life spiritually because nobody was teaching me the things of the spirit from the pulpit. If a person didn't teach me that God spoke through dreams I would still be ignorant. This ministry is dedicated to helping people to EXPECT to interpret their own dreams by the power of the Holy Spirit and to weed out the error they have already been taught. Our ministry is geared toward teaching people the true biblical principles of dream interpretation and erradicating error.

It is true that the Holy Spirit is our teacher but people are gifted to teach one another in the body of Christ. Helping people understand the ministry of dream interpretation and that God speaks in dreams would fall under the category of teaching.

It also grieves me that people are paying and getting paid in circumstances when the things of the Kingdom should be free but some people, like I was, pay because they are desperate to learn and to understand. The bible says a man sold all he had to buy the pearl of great price (the Kingdom of God). I'm sure that God is not offended that we want to understand and know Him enough that we would pay for it. He might not be looking so lovingly on those whom are charging however.

2 Peter 2:3
In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by one1cross on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Mia, Im not mad at all and this is good convo indeed.
As i read what you had said, I was reminded in the book of Acts, when the Holy Ghost came in cloven tongues and landed upon their lap and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in unknown tongues. Immediately after they went out and preached boldly in the Holy Ghost. They didnt sit around for 40 days taking a course in how to. Matter of fact I dont believe they were expecting what happen to happen. I was than quickly reminded of Peter and His shadow healing people. he wasnt taught that sincerely. He was taught by the Teacher Jesus Christ whom he followed for 3 years or more.

You said you were desperate enough to pay a man. Well I get desperate to but I go to the one whom has what I need , Jesus. He is always faithful and trut to bringme truths when I search for it. You sat under this group whom you said was clearly in error. See you confirmed to me why the Holy Spirit did not want me to go there. Error mixed with treuth - is tainted doctrine. the Lord s says plainly do not add or take away from MY word.

People in the bible sold all they had to follow after Jesus accept the rich man. Why did they? they wanted Jesus - the Kingdom of Heaven was with them at that time. Hallelujah! the scriptures you are referring to above desceibe teaching the word of God, not the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The disciples went around preaching repent and be baptized and healing the sick, casting out demons. I dont believe they sat around taking courses on the how to. Jesus said I must leave so that I may send you another- the holy spirit to teach guide and comfort you..... Why dont people believe in and on His word 100%, Why rely on man? Man will fail us God will never fail us,amen!
1John
2:26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Heb 2:4 God also bearing [them] witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

much love in Jesus

one1cross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

We are going to have to disagree that there is no biblical basis for teaching things of the spirit. The verses on teaching are pretty plain. There are anointed teachers and as such, I see no scriptures separating what they do and don't teach.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top