Nothing to wear!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothing to wear!!!

Post by Angelwings on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am

last night.....I have NO IDEA where this dream came from (left field??)

I ran into an old friend I grew up with out at a park somewhere....Or it looked like I was on a nature trail somewhere. She was with her two kids. I noticed off in the distance a couple of villa style homes, very cute, cozy and peaceful. She said she was living in one of them. I was surprised because IRL she is a city girl and these houses were out in the middle of the woods somewhere...somewhat secluded. But they were so adorable and they caught my eye. I was very interested in the homes and was asking her questions about them. When I got closer to the houses they were very very small homes, looked like they were maybe one room homes and they even looked fake. As if they were too small for people to actually live in.

Next scene, I was in her home but it looked more like an apartment....but also small. We had tickets to go to an event, maybe a concert or something...I dont know. We were getting ourselves ready and didn't really have anything to wear. What I had did not fit me, A pair of jeans and a top but they were too tight on me. I almost decided to wear it anyway even though it was too tight, but I didn't like the way it looked on me. The colors were dark and the outfit didn't look like anything I would wear normally. I asked my friend if it looked good on me and she agreed it did not look good. I was disappointed by her response, even though I didn't like it myself I think I was hoping it looked good to someone else. I believe my uncle was there....I dont know why he was there, I dont even remember if he said anything but I remember seeing him briefly.
It was almost time to leave and I didnt have anything else to wear, I was so disappointed and my friend didn't seem to care. She was more concerned with her flashy outfit and how she looked. I made the comment that I won't be able to go out with her because I had nothing to wear. She left without me! I was so upset that she left, she didn't even bother to offer any of her clothes....which she had a ton of.
I had another dream after that one but I dont remember much about it.

I had a dream awhile back that I posted on here and it was with the same friend. I wont go into detail but in the other dream we were with some old friends and everyone wanted to go out for a girls night. We both needed a babysitter but we didn't have one, so I decided to stay behind and offered to watch her son while she went out. Its not the same thing but i thought it was interesting that again I would dream of this friend and I was being left behind while she went out.
I'm not sure what it means. IRL my friend is a couple of years older than me but we are not as close as we use to be when we were younger. She lives her life differently. As adults we went out partying a few times but I dont live that kind of life anymore. She is the type of person who goes to the clubs on saturdays and church on sundays...I'm not like that. I dont find anything appealing about that lifestyle anymore.
so why these dreams?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothing to wear!!!

Post by Angelwings on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Any thoughts? praying

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Hey Wings

I noticed the clothes. Do you feel like you are growing in your relationship with God but trying to wear what you are growing out of? Like a caterpillar when it goes into the cocoon and grows a new body and comes out as something different? Could it be that other Christians not wanting you to change or are afraid to encourage you (can't find the right phrase), not necessarily jealous but have certain feelings about where God is leading you and don't want to hurt your feelings?

Just some of my thoughts :)

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm

I agree hind's feet, it sounds like Angelwings is moving on. It is hard to put the past behind but the old isn't fitting anymore and you are showing your responsibility.

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:14 pm

that's interesting. Thank you both!

I did get the sense of what the clothes being too tight on me meant. The clothes did not fit and it was not something I would were today. But why the dream? I don't even associate with old friends anymore. I have like NO friends! sad but true!
I have changed so much, on the inside, and I just don't have anything in common with my old friends. I still haven't found a church to call home..although I have been visiting a particular one and I met a few people but I haven't spent time with them outside of church so I don't really know them.
thats why I feel like this dream came out of left field.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Maybe God was using people from your past?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi angelwings:)
Just some thoughts I had: It looks like you're getting 'bigger' in a couple of aspects: in your dream you're noticing how small and fake your friend's house is, to me looks like as you're growing in your relationship with Him, your thoughts are bigger than the small and fake like your former friends/old ways of (small)thinking. To me the small house and the small clothes all speak of the same: you're growing bigger;) and out of your previous ways..
U know i'm not an interpreter, so please toss what doesn't fit:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 am

thanks traveller,
it makes sense....HF had the same thoughts and I've been thinking about it.

Excuse me while I type my thoughts;
I was disappointed in the dream. I have an idea as to how this dream relates to my real life feelings.
I wonder if I'm on point, so some feedback would be appreciated.

I have been so hungry for God...to be closer to Him. I've left one church out of obediance to God and now I'm in the process of looking for a new church. I have come across some interesting people on this search. Some churches I find are to "showy" and "entertaining" and some churches just seem so dry and the people fake.....like they just go to church out of habit but thats it, no desire really to reach out to God. Sorry to sound so blunt but thats just what I've been picking up. I try not to judge but these opinions I have are based on things I've seen and witnessed among the people. So lately I've been having this feeling like "why doesn't anyone hunger for Him like I do"?
People are so worried about putting on a show, and some people just play church and are there to socialize and gossip. And I feel sad about that. I want to be among people and a church who truely HUNGER for Him and want to draw close to him. I'm obviously not where I'm supposed to be or I would feel peace inside of me.

I dont know, just my thoughts.
Praying!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:01 am

OK, another thought. I know I don't need to feed off of other peoples HUNGER. Thats not what I'm doing or looking for. It's connecting with people. How can I connect with them if their on a different level?
I feel like I missed out on the good stuff or something. I am a baby christian....maybe I came along too late? I know that sounds silly but it's almost like people have "been there, done that" so where does it leave me?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 am

Hi Angelwings, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Can I share what we've been through too? We do not go to church either and have not regularly attended one for almost 20 years now...I've lost count. I totally understand what you are going through. We've even attended a few "home churches" but they can have as much of the spirit of religion as people who attend a church building because it follows us right there if it is in those who leave. It takes God a LONG time for us to see this and I never saw it while attending church. It is a lonely path to follow. When God knows you are ready he will either take you back to one or let you find fellowship with believers that is so real you can't believe it. I was a "leader" in church but have found I've gone back to being a child in my understanding of so many things since I've left. God has to break those boxes in our understanding with what what we have been taught. That is a good thing!! Yes, it is lonely, you don't have peace, but hang in there sister! God will open your eyes to what real fellowship means and you may find it in a line-up or a grocery store or a coffee shop.....I think what traveller shared was so true.

We go through seasons in our spiritual life just like real nature. That's why God created the world just like he did. It reveals truth! In Him there is no death, but in this world there is a lot. It is a constant cycle....his creation shows this. We are not exempt, only HE IS!! Our source of life and strength comes from HIM alone.

I was so mad at God for a lot of years. It was like He ripped people out of my life. I was so lonely and frustrated. I couldn't hold on to anyone, including my husband, and I didn't grow up in this culture so it was all that much harder. But God had to keep me there for years until I laid it down and had no where to go to, no where to turn, no "help" in my hour of need, but Him. This included my own wisdom and strength, I had no where to turn, I came to realize I had NOTHING but Him. He will take you there sister!
Blessings!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 am

that is soooo encouraging Joy that you know exactly what I'm going through. I am in tears! thank you for sharing that with me. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride.
I do feel lonely a lot. And it doesn't help that I live far from family so it's a double whamy.
I feel like I'm outgrowing everything in my life (including my job) and that I should be doing something else with my life...I just dont know what it is yet.
Think its time for another "time-out"

thank you all

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top