Praying with my cousin...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Praying with my cousin...

Post by SisterinChrist on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:15 pm

I dreampt that I am outdoors, sitting on the ground with my Cousin.

(Mycousin in Natural is of a different faith. She is not a Christian. But she is a nice girl.)

She wants to pray.So I go ahead and start praying. She copies what I say. I'm surprised. Then I pray in
tongues she repeats what i say. I make some comment about that. Im surprised she repeated what I said in tongues.

Then i see a bible ( i dont remember what i was doing with it)

She just wants to copy what I'm saying in prayer. I was surprised she was copying my praying in spirit.

About my cousin- she is not christian. She has her own life, husband and is pregnant. Nice girl but we are not that close. I don't understand why the Lord used this cousin in my dream?

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : format)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Praying with my cousin...

Post by dreamster on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 am

,,i think that as u pray in ,,ur seein that ur prayin 4 ur cousin,, ur gettg a pik interp of ur tounges,, D,, 4 u,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 am

hi D.. really?
Why would God want me to pray for my cousin in tongues who isnt even a believer? U thnk that the prayer language (tongues) He gave me is specifically for my cuz?

He's giiven me dreams to pray about non-blvrs...i do pray.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:09 pm

sure u koods be prayin 4 her salvation,,but ur can be 4 anythang,, 4 u an othas,,,wow well ur on target ing,, um carry on,, D,,,oh t u 4 tha

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 pm

i dont get it..
stuck...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:01 am

ok i help,,i think at that tme ur tounges kood hav been 4 ur cousin,,but we dont kno wats bein said,,it kood be 4 anythang,,ur on target wiv ur prayin,,carry on,,thank u 4 the coffee,, ohh mi u kood getta job lickin envelopes???

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 am

You are sitting on the ground (the earth, the dirt) but it is your cousin (the flesh, who lives through self, not through Christ) who asked to pray. All those things (reading the word and praying) mean nothing unless Jesus is producing it. Many people pray, believers or unbelievers. Life isn't about what we DO, it is about WHO is doing it (in and through us). Is the Lord showing you that your life is no different than your cousin? She can copy anything you "do".

Please disregard what doesn't fit in your spirit.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Joy... Christ guides my path and I live for Christ..i hve a beautiful relationship w/Him. I dont live like my cuz at all..an she doesnt care much for Christ...she is nothing like me and wud be difficult for her to be like me..she was raised to be Hindu...My life is nothing like a non-believer ,my cuz, worldly person...i crucify the flesh daily, i try to live life in obedience and dedication to the Lord...The Lord revealed to me recently that He's actually very pleased w/me..ptl an will bless me in a mighty way ( i know it's not by my works but b/c of Him that i will be blessed. I am not worthy no one is) sorry i dnt think that's it at all.. but thank u for trying.. God bless...

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:51 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 am

Hi sister, How wonderful that God is pleased with you. If only everyone could see that! :-)

Remember even Jesus did not crucify himself. The Father had to take him there, just as with us. We will not and cannot crucify ourselves.

Your life may not seem the same as your cousin, but with Hinduism it is all about what they do to reach God. This dream could be the Lord showing you what your cousin thinks: her religious life follows many of the same "rituals" as Christians. It is still about: Life isn't about what we DO, it is about WHO is doing it, or producing it (in and through us).

It is so good to know the Spirit interprets, not us! Good to trust him, not me :-)
your sister,
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 am

hi Nyagali I ask the Lord to guide me. He luvs all His children.. i ask How im doin frm time to time..

i was talkin about this verse .. this is what i was tryin 2say..maybe u misunderstud...

Galatians 5:24
" Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with
its passions and desires
Trying to be DEAD to sinful life.. Lusts etc... dead to self/flesh.. etc..

i,e
5:24 They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh
with the affections and lusts. They cannot walk after the flesh
because they have crucified their lusts. Have died with Christ, been
buried, and risen, not to live their own lives, but Christ's. See Ro
6:2-6. Baptism is supposed to mark a complete separation between the old
life of sin and the Christian life.

My cuz isnt religious/spiritual at all... she pretty much just lives ...
good person but just wants to get by w/life..
like i said she's nothing like me.. Not saying im better in anyway..it is what it is.. im not like her an she's not like me...
I dont believe that's what the Lord was saying..

Blessings and Thanks

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:45 am

SisterinChrist wrote:
5:24 They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. They cannot walk after the flesh because they have crucified their lusts. Have died with Christ, been buried, and risen, not to live their own lives, but Christ's. See Ro 6:2-6. Baptism is supposed to mark a complete separation between the old life of sin and the Christian life.

Hi Sister, Thanks for putting up with me! I am very happy the Lord is leading you into these verses and the understanding of them. I know I have been learning or unlearning many things these past few years. This is so basic to our life in Christ and a place so few come to. What I have experienced and come to see is that as Christians, after salvation, we believe life is static. We experience salvation once and think we are then in a state of "salvation". But how often, when we are saved, do we have to call on God to save us in a situation again! We constantly need salvation. We experience baptism and say now it's done. But do we stay forever in a position where we are buried with Christ? Isn't this what Christians struggle with and don't understand? So many fall away because they just can't keep it up. So then the theology arises about our spiritual life being "positoinal". Having tried to believe that for years, it doesn't work. It becomes a head-game and total frustration, saying: positionally I'm in Christ, so just because I sin or fall away doesn't mean I really am. Where was the reality in all of this?

The good news I have come to is that God created this world as an example of our life too. Death is never a one time thing. Much in Romans 7 is speaking of "dying off", not dead even though you see the word dead. Check the concordance and you will see that. Jesus died ONCE because he was our example of this life....he died for the remission of sins. Our death is a dying off while we are in this flesh and blood.

Within this dying off process we DO experience death many times, just as plants do. The life is in the seed and the seed has to be planted in the ground (this represents the circumstances of life that come upon us....where is the seed planted? hard ground, sand, rocky ground?? Then the seed has to break, the outer casing fall off (the flesh does not want to leave, it wants to hang on) then the plant comes up, grows strong with the wind and rain and sun come at it, then the plant has fruit or blooms. This is the fruit of the plant. But then it can't stay, the plant dies and the seed falls into the ground and it goes over and over and over. This is life. God gave all creation as his example. He is eternal. But we don't always recognize that we live in that eternal life.

SisterinChrist wrote:
My cuz isnt religious/spiritual at all... she pretty much just lives ... good person but just wants to get by w/life.. like i said she's nothing like me.. Not saying im better in anyway..it is what it is.. im not like her an she's not like me...I dont believe that's what the Lord was saying..

I don't think it is representing your cousin specifically, but showing you the difference between a religious act and faith. Religious acts are the same in any religion if they are not PRODUCED from Jesus. I'm not saying that this is you, but God is showing you about religious acts. No matter what religion they are, it is all just an act if not produced by Jesus. This is why you were surprised she could do these things in your dream. Any religion can copy rituals, but the difference is WHO is producing the prayer? Who is speaking (in the spirit) You or the ritual to "get to God"? This is why Hinduism is a good example. They use ritual to get to their gods. Many in our churches do that too. We think if we pray, worship, or read the word, it gets us to God. But it can't. Nothing we DO can get us to God. Only God can get us to God! All things are of Him and to Him and Through Him!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

tks 4 ur thoughts.

what i was saying was quite simple. see below. wasnt trying 2be complicated...
Galatians 5:24
" Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires

i understand the Good news very well.. ptl..

As I mentioned.. i dont agree w/the interpretion of my dream, but thanks for ur insight an explanation.. it was very insightful and I understand where u r coming from. It does sound right what ur saying but unfortunately it's not exactly pertaining to my Dream.

I agree w/Dreamsta about my dream...as I mentioned already.. But for assisting. I appreciate it.

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 am

Keep your heart open to Jesus and he will always lead you in the right way and the right time. Enjoyed sharing with you.
Your sister,
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 am

Yup, I know that already.. said it before up there... my hearts always open 2Him. He knws that. We chat all the. time.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Sister,

I have to agree with D here. I believe the Lord is showing you a image of a need for praying for her. There could be many reasons to pray. When I think of her copying you I think of mimicking. Like maybe she is trying to be like you, trying to figure it out somehow. Like what you have she wants. She may not understand how to do that. The Lord may be showing you that she needs prayer to find him. Just keep praying in the spirit for her. Please toss what does not fit....these are only my thoughts.

I pray this is of help,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Connie,

Yes i agree w/u..thats what i felt as well.. D was right about the dream ..my cuz had asked me to pray in the dream.. She is going thru some struggles in real life...The Lord showed me a couple of dreams b4 about her..now He wants me to pray for her..That makes sense..

thanks for ur hlp w/the dream.

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add sentence)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Dove-Solutions wrote: Like maybe she is trying to be like you, trying to figure it out somehow. Like what you have she wants. She may not understand how to do that. The Lord may be showing you that she needs prayer to find him. Just keep praying in the spirit for her. Please toss what does not fit....these are only my thoughts.
I pray this is of help,
Connie
u know i can see that. that makes so much sense.. i had gone thru sme major devastating struggles few yrs back and that part of fam was prob like im gonna end up bein a loser..thats how that fam thinks... not the nicest ppl.. but I found the Lord and He lifted me up.. gave me such favor and brought me out... an she recently saw me at her baby shower glowing, saw i was going places in life, but she was in a lot of stress..i guess thy dnt realize that what thy think is happiness (material stuff etc.. ) is not true happiness.. only Jesus is true happiness...I can totaly see that..ur vry very right.. ptl..
thank u Connie..

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Glad I was of help Sister. PTL!!! :P

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top