Dreams speaking and the Spirit of God speaking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams speaking and the Spirit of God speaking

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 am

I wanted to share what the Lord taught me this morning.

I went to bed last night and thought "my life should have less commitment to others and more to my husband", as he isn't too well these days.

So I had this short dream just before I woke up. I was in a car, going up a dirt road with lots of huge trees around. It was dark outside but inside the car I was not aware of darkness. So I had to shift gears because of going uphill but then I got confused. There seemed to be some papers or things when I put my hand down so I couldn't get my hand on the gear shift properly: flashes of thoughts here: what gear is it in. I knew I had to shift down to 2 but couldn't get it to work, what will happen to the car......it didn't move either way! End of dream

So...I woke up with a few thoughts.
-- The dream confirmed the thoughts that came to me just before bed. The Spirit spoke to me that I need to make changes. The dream showed this too.
-- It also assured me that God DOES speak in dreams. Every now and then I still need that reminder
-- It also showed me what I didn't know how to do...slow down but not specifically what to cut out of life. It isn't like I'm a crazy busy person either. My personality is easy going irl. But I have 2 grown children, 2 grandchildren, friends and work, a home church group...... It's just "life stuff" that we all have!

So, how wonderful to have dreams and know our Lord. A person living without Jesus could also have this exact same dream after thinking that thought before bed too. But I have a heavenly Father who knows me and shows me a dream like this only to prove to me that Jesus knows what this means "My strength is made perfect through weakness". He will work this out in my life.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams speaking and the Spirit of God speaking

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 am

Great post Joy!

I find it very difficult to have commitments to people other than my family. I have to tell church friends that I don't make phone calls but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top