Jesus, Flood, and Commands in my dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jesus, Flood, and Commands in my dream

Post by Wisdom&love on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Summer 2002 (15 years old)

The day began as a normal day. I was in Chicago with the family, specifically on the southside, Commercial area. We were driving around in a big van and they decided to go get something to eat. I was very tired so I decided to stay in the van and I fell asleep while everyone ate. Later, I woke up (in the dream) and I went inside of a place, (I feel like an area of an educational institution or another restaurant) and I brought in the food that my family bought for me earlier. I sat down and ate for a while. A little while later, a man approached me. In the dream, although I knew who my real father was, I also knew the man as my father. He came to me and told me to come with him. He guided me to another table not too far from my own and he made me lie on the table. He then hovered his body over me to protect me. When that happened, water began to fill the place. People began to go under and drown (at least i thought they were drowning). I questioned in my mind why they couldn’t swim to the top of the water as the water wasn’t that high at the moment for them to drown. As if my father could sense what I was thinking, he allowed me to experience what they experienced for a moment. Although I was safely guarded under him, I experienced getting pulled under the water. Then, when I tried to swim up to the surface, it was blocked as if a heavy plastic border was on top of the water. When I understood, I flashed back to being by my father. The water began to drain and what remained was just a few young people like myself. The only one I can remember was a boy from school named Julian. Another man appeared, and I instantly knew him to be Jesus. He was dressed really ruggedly and he proceeded to give us commands. I don’t recall all of the commands but one was for us to run out of the building and come back around the back repeatedly. Others given the instruction lazily jogged around the area. Me fearful of what would happened if I did not comply, ran as fast as I could. It appeared that although the horrid events occurred inside, the outside was unaffected and oblivious to what was happening. Mid thru the commands I sensed that I remembered this event as if from another time. I already knew what the next command would be. While doing the commands a man came in to rebuke Jesus. He said “How dare you treat these children this way?!” Jesus picked him up by the neck up against the window curtains. It was then I woke up with my heart pounding and fearful.

Any interpretations? I would appreciate your thoughts.

Wisdom&love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jesus, Flood, and Commands in my dream

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am

Wisdom&Love, what a wonderful dream! I believe you seem to know what most of this is about, do you? If not, let me know, it seems fairly clear.

What I see in the ending was that you don't mess with Jesus! I had a dream once of going to Him and asking him if I could look after a girl who was about 10. He sternly said, "NO! She's my child and I am keeping her!" She'd been abused and on her own so I was confused by that. "What kind of father lets that happen?" IRL, she did die!

Did you know the word obedience comes off the root word "to hear". If we don't hear, we don't obey and we obey from the flow of hearing. Just think of children. If they don't hear you speak, they won't move. Sometimes you have to raise your voice so they hear your too :-) In our life God uses circumstances. In your dream, you obeyed and you heard his voice and you even then knew what he would say. It all flows together. We can't think of obedience without the word hearing or it turns to works!
Joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisdom&love on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks so much for replying! I absolutely appreciated your interpretation of Jesus' actions in the end b/c even with the flood happening, it was that part of the dream that scared me and woke me. I never understood it to be something positive, let alone understood it.

I actually don't know what the beginning means! I have several ideas running around in my head, but nothing has yet to make feel like "That's it!"

If you or someone else can offer your thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Wisdom&Love

Wisdom&love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:24 pm

This is what I see : Your day began as a normal day. The Lord is showing you that none of this is extraordinary. You were 15 so I would say that you staying in the van while other family members ate is quite normal for a teenager. You are becoming independent at 15 and asleep, not aware of what is going on. (I work with teens every day and understand that attitude well :-) Your family is "feeding" (are they believers?) and what they are feeding on, they bring back to you. That is normal in a family, no matter what family you come from. Parents provide and offer their spiritual (food) advice (or what ever they are getting their own life from) to their children.

Then Jesus comes to you personally. This is wonderful! He lays you on a table. (It is an educational place you feel because God is going to teach you something through this dream.) He protects you, He is with you, He knows your thoughts. He is showing you this as a 15 year old. I can think of a few bible references on laying you on a table. Abraham and Isaac and the 23 Psalm. (Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies.)

Then the flood comes. This could have been indicative of what was going on in your life at the time. The Lord let you experience what others go through when floods (hard times) come in their lives, by showing you that. YET he was with YOU through it. You were with him. It is a normal day, remember? The circumstances were tough. The Lord was both teaching you and showing you by example that he is with you when you go down. He used these circumstances (the flood) to take away the old and what remained was the "youth". Freshness and newness. Then he showed you what obey meant and I've already shared on that one.

There are many verses about running the race, the prize etc. Jesus came to you again to reveal himself in a more personal real way to you. Jesus was a man, just as human as we are. He showed us how he lived, only through the Father and then said we live only through him. As in my own dream, I did not understand the love and actions of the Father either. We don't. But God only does what is good for us. He is strengthening you. I don't know what you have been through since you had the dream. But the Lord is certainly good to you! He is very involved and defends you against false teaching--he put the man who thought he knew better up against a wall! We want the easy way. The path is narrow and hard. In Christ it is not hard, but to get to understand that in life we go through a lot of tough circumstances. Look at Paul in the Bible. He had many rough circumstances, he did not go the easy way, he fought the fight to the end.

You were afraid. Your view of Jesus is as a taskmaster. You want to obey.

You say the outside was oblivious to what was going on inside. This is what some may call "spiritual warfare". The fight is not always noticed by the world.

Let me know if I missed something or if anyone else wanted to add to the dream! Just so you know I have not taken the accuracy test on this forum. Please pray on this and just disregard what doesn't fit.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top