Church Wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church Wedding

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:02 pm

I dreamed I was inside a church with people from my old (lukewarm) church, possibly my new church and others. We were sitting in pews watching a wedding. I did not see the bride and grooms faces. During the ceremony a woman sitting in a pew behind me got up and started singing a song in Latin, a worship song to Mary. In my dream I was annoyed by this. I also wondered why I was with all these people and didn't feel that we should be together. Then the ushers came around and started passing out
"cake" into the pews which I kept refusing to take and they kept shoving it towards me even though I did not want it.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church Wedding

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 pm

vpb -

Do you recall why the ushers were passing out cake? Was it for communion or was it wedding cake?

Thanks!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 pm

I wasn't sure what the cake was for. I assumed it was a wedding cake. But I also thought it might be a type of communion. I thought those things after I woke up.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 am

Just thoughts, not an interpretation...

Was your old church of the Roman Catholic faith? It seems like you're in the midst of this teaching or way of worship that you're not in agreement with....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 am

Lola/Victorious ~ Your onto it with the word "agreement''...........it appears as if the parties involved are not in an agreement with one-another like that of a marriage..........i.e when one is ask to Wed. they enter into a ''covenant'', a mutual agreement the two negotiate the terms and promise with words or a written contract to keep the covenant {Gen. 31:49-53}, or a powerful ruler dictates the terms to a compliant subject. In a covenant between God and humans, God sets the requirements, and each person decides whether to agree to them and enter the covenant. It appears that some have become ''faint-hearted'' at what is being ushered in or feed to the people {what is being heard}. The covenant God offers requires obedience and loyality to Him alone. For those who agree to this, God gives His protective care, His assurance, His guidence, and His presence. It is the ''ring'' that is never ending. Of course Christians believe these benefits far outweigh the costs. The "lukeworm'' Church will co-exist well with cake.... that is spoken of in the book of Rev. 3:14 pertaining to the Loadicea that had lack of Genuine Faith and Spiritual understanding makeing it virtually worthless. A covenant symbolizes the ring...... a circle is never ending just like the promises that God made his to his people......they are priceless. For myself, I'd rather be hot and on fire for the Lord with the meat of Word and be stregthened, than to be lukeworm and delight myself with cake and be weakend.

Just Edifying with my worth.
Sincerly, Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 am

My old church was actually a protestant denomination, not Catholic. And I wondered if the Lord was showing me the merging of denominations/religions... as people will someday be deceived and led to worship antichrist.

But if this is the case, then this is the first prophetic dream I've had that had to do more with a group of people than an individual.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello victoriouspalmbranch,
The following is just my perspective on this dream: how I view this dream.
You have what is old (church) and you have what is new (church) that has come together.
For me, the woman who stood up and sung in Latin a worship song to Mary represents a false teaching being introduced into the church. As followers of Christ, we know we are to worship God and God alone. For me, the passing of the cake represents the spreading, the penetration of this false teaching through the church. You, the dreamer, recognize it for what it is and by refusing the cake you have refused to be a part of this false teaching.
Again, this is just my perspective on this dream.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:46 pm

yep, that's what I saw as well, OneDoor...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 pm

I don't think this would go on in my "new church", which is why I was a little concerned that I thought there were members of my new church there. To be honest I actually left the Brethren denomination to go to the Pentecostal/Charismatic denomination because I was not growing spiritually.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi VPB -

I do believe that the general theme is played out here - false teaching that you recognize and resist. I pray that you receive the full understanding from the Lord... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Just a thought here.
Because you are sitting in "a" church (no particular church); the old and new are mixing; there is a wedding. I associate a wedding with "the body of Christ", so when I see this dream I cannot help but ask myself a question; could this dream possibly represent a false teaching spreading through THE CHURCH, the body of Christ?
Again, just a thought here.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 pm

False teaching does make sense for "Cake" because I've had other dreams where I've seen a kitchen, or been in a kitchen feeding a baby and I assumed they releated to consumption, like growing in the Word.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Yes, exactly! Food often does represent the Word and the type of food or features of the food can sometimes reveal what is being said about the food that's being consumed....For example, I've had dreams of food that looked luscious but tasted awful which was letting me know that I was being deceived about something I was being taught. Another time I had a dream of cooking meat all over my house and having a party - this time the dream was showing me that I would be teaching/leading a group and the Word would be a strong Word - all the meals would be based on this meat. Recently I had a dream of desserts and the dream was showing me the sweetness of the Word (Psalm 34:8 - Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in Him; Psalm 119:103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!).

And I agree with One Door that this is more about the Church than it is about your individual church - actually, I think you mentioned this in one of your earlier posts so hopefully this serves as confirmation.... flower This may well be a call to intercede for the Church and that it be purged of the bad teachings that are flowing within it.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top