Dream Environment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Environment

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 am

So, what's it like when you dream? What is the "setting"? I know some of my dreams have a scene like a fog just clearing, like a blurr, it's not quite in focus, however, I see what I need to see.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Environment

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

When I was in middle school through highschool, I would have dreams that were foggy too, very dreary and I couldn't run very fast. Seemed I was always being chased in those dreams and my legs felt like they had 10 pounds of lead per leg.

Most of them took place at night, I usually didn't interact with people, never many people in my dreams. If the setting was day time, it was middle of winter (Oklahoma winter) with dead grass and wide open space. Others took place in places that felt evil and scary.
I've had dreams of Dr. Seuss type hills and blue sky, of green hills.
Of secret caves that you had to use a boat to go through and were full of gems.
Of crystal clear water. Of lots of tornados, volcanos, lightning, being in the middle of the ocean depths, of flying away from danger, of bouncing and going higher with each bounce basically out of control. Lots of other stuff.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 am

wow HF your dreams seem fill with details and colour how awesome is that!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

LOL Gissy! I don't know, though I'm starting too! That just what I'm used to. I used to think everyone dreamed like I did until I read that it's more common for men Not to dream, and it's more common to dream in black and white! I even read once that people Only dream in black and white... Or maybe it was that there are not words in dreams, like people don't talk. I don't remember, I just remember that I was like "Whaaaaat"

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:47 am

I guess if we really do believe the dream is from God then God has to light up those specific parts we should see. Mine are all different depending on the location but usually there is that focus and the rest of it is sort of blurred. Otherwise, God knows me, I'd be getting all distracted!! LOL
I do have more colour in my dreams these past few years. But it's maybe because I've been listening in more and noting that.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Most of my dreams are vivid/realistic, no fog or blurriness. I usually dream in color, occasionally in muted colors and will also occasionally dream in vibrant colors.

I've also read that people usually dream in black and white but I rarely dream in B&W, I would have to look through my dream blog but I don't remember dreaming in black and white recently...

I dream alot of being in foreign places - in the last year my dreams have taken me to Taiwan, Japan, India, Spain, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, and Brazil but I've only been to Spain, Italy and Jamaica IRL... laugh I also seem to dream about major US cities - most often NY and Philadelphia but also LA, Miami and some place in the South (in this case I don't know what town it was, it wasn't a city)...

They usually take place during the day (usually very sunny and bright) but occasionally during the night, ...I don't usually dream of rain/storms/flooding/tornadoes so when I do have these dreams, I take notice because it's always for me been a warning of an upcoming trial...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Lola, the only countries I've ever dreamed of being in was the U.S. and Germany. Only once did I dream of being in a city other than where I've lived. I have had other languages in my dreams.

Actually, it's rare for me to be in any real place or to even know I was in that place.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:44 pm

My dreams are extremely detailed. Very vivid and very clear. There have been some that were confusing....but thanks to those here on the site with the gifting to interpret...I was able to help me discern them. The Lord makes it very real for me and very personal. I love that. Hope that helps.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 am

lola...you must be well-travelled, I don't recall ever leaving the country...only once I had a dream where God asked me to rest on a hill, He showed me fireworks from different countries but I never went there

but yea i rarely dream in black and white myself, it's usually color but it's not very clear/vivid...i don't see faces very well, it's almost always a blurr, like I am looking thru some foggy lens/googles. God still manages to reveal important details though, eg i had a dream of a baby boy, don't remember the details of his face except he had blue blue eyes and his face was glowing.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 am

Dove...yes I love how God knows us so well to make things so personal

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Yes, that's the strange thing...sometimes there are landmarks that let me know where I am or I can tell from the people, but usually it's something in my spirit while dreaming that gives me the location...most of the places overseas are places that I haven't been to which is 'unique'....

I agree - it's interesting to see how God gives us the dream in a way that is so personal - that's why it's so important to seek Him first for the dream's meaning and then let interpretations be the confirmation of what He has already shared with you.... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:11 pm

amen!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:16 pm

Sponsored content