washing nun's habits?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

washing nun's habits?

Post by traveller on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Ok, this is one of the dreams i was talking about on the symbols page. I'm still posting it here to give the whole picture. I understand in part, but not all. Feel free to post any insight anyone would like to share..

First scene: I am with my family in a small living room. One of my brothers stood in the middle and was ironing his clothes. I don't know who else of my familiy was there, just that it was family. We were waiting for a guy to come: George Clooney.. as the house we were in was his..
Next scene: I am in a small kitchen, somehow it was George Clooney's kitchen. It looked tacky, a bit old fashioned, with light brown doors to all the kitchen cupboards and a sink with a little curtain in front of it.. I stood at the sink, doing something, but that curtain annoyed me, so I pushed it right open, out of the way so I could use the sink. There was a window behind/above the sink but also with one of those semi-see-through curtains in front of it. Because of that type of curtain still hard to see through that window. I was talking to someone about such a rich guy having such a small/shoddy house, but we concluded that he has houses in many cities and that at this one he just didn't spend much time, so therefore he didn't want a fancy house here. He(George) lived somewhere else for most of the time and he had a big house there. In Europe.

Next scene: I find myself in a nun's dress and I have just been given my own room in a building with more nuns.. It looks like a motel with all separate rooms for each nun. My room was on the corner on one side of the building and it was right next to the laundry with washing machine and I had the key to this laundry.
There was something happening in regards to jobs and a chance to change jobs..Somehow I wasn't sure about the laundry job, and how the previous lady before me had done it. However I still wanted to hang on to the key and not change it for another job. I asked how this previous lady had done the laundry and somehow she used to send a child around to collect all the nun's clothes. I think i even talked to her. However I couldn't do it that way, but putting an empty laundry basket outside each nun's door for them to put their habits(i like the pun:) in would work too. And then I would have to collect all the baskets and wash the habits. I contemplated the enormity of that job, but accepted it in the end.
Another scene (not sure if this happened before or after last scene): My skin/belly was itchy under the nun's dress. I looked at it and it had some bites on it (like bug bites).
End.

Last edited by traveller on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot line)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: washing nun's habits?

Post by traveller on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:31 pm

on the symbols page i posted that george means earth worker, in combination with the name clooney which means deceitful this first scene in george's kitchen makes me think it's got to do with works..like in religious works.. As i'm in that particular house with my family i believe this shows something about what's happening with them irl. The fact that this george has houses in many cities to me means that this religious spirit isn't tied to just one place, it's in many cities(to me meaning strongholds in bigger places). Also that he doesn't spend too much time in this particular house in the first scene because he's got a big house in Europe underlines that for me at a very personal level. Europe has so many churches, but religiousness/the works thing is so big there and europe is also the place where my family is.
I stood at the sink, doing something, but that curtain annoyed me, so I pushed it right open, out of the way so I could use the sink.

Sink is a place of cleansing hands, but a curtain (hindrance that i'm annoyed by) is in my way, pushing that out of the way to be able to use the sink seems a good thing.
There was a window behind/above the sink but also with one of those semi-see-through curtains in front of it. Because of that type of curtain still hard to see through that window.

So, whatever the hindrance is that i've pushed out of the way to use the sink, makes me able to notice the window (revelation?) however, this one is hard to see through, very fitting for me, i'm struggling with seeing clearly what's exactly happening to my family right now.
Well, then the next scene about the nun's:
I find myself in a nun's dress and I have just been given my own room in a building with more nuns.. It looks like a motel with all separate rooms for each nun. My room was on the corner on one side of the building and it was right next to the laundry with washing machine and I had the key to this laundry.
This one had me puzzled the most..am i being a nun (meaning wearing a religious habit), which i may hope i'm not:) but me having a room at the corner of this building with all the other nuns, but still in my own room, makes me think of what paul said of him being a jew among the jews and a greek amongst the greek (or something like that..). Laundry is a place of cleansing of clothes. Nun's clothes are called habits. Think 'religious habits', so these clothes/religious habits need cleansing. Ok, i've got a key to the laundry. What exactly does that mean? Is that the key to Jesus Christ that cleanses of our sins/religious habits? And what about the baskets? Not too sure how to see that. Also my role in collecting the baskets and washing the habits?
Last question i still have too is the one about the itchy skin/belly under the nun's dress, what could the bites represent?

Please feel free to add any more/or different insight:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 am

Jesus cleanses us but would he give back those same clothes? I guess we do that ourselves, don't we? Take back the very things we don't want to do which is well described in Rom 7. But he has you there with a key to all those rooms, right? Maybe that's why the itchy belly? What does belly mean?
Thanks for posting what you saw in the dream. It was helpful for me. thumbs

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 am

Thanks Joy,
As u mentioned Romans 7, I just read Romans 7:21-23:
"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members."
I wonder if the 'in my inner being' could refer to the belly and the itchiness the fact that the inner being that delights in God's law can't stand the law/habits of the old person..
The bites on my belly though were caused by bugs of some kind if i remember correctly.
But he has you there with a key to all those rooms, right
In the dream I only had the key to the laundry, Not to the other nun's rooms. I just had to collect all their habits by putting a basket in front of their door and then bring them to the laundry to wash them. Like said, Jesus is the one that does the cleansing, so that's why I wonder about the meaning of me having the job of 'laundry-person' so to speak.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:33 am

Hi Traveller, I like your new picture.

Yes, the key is pretty significant. Sorry I missed that one. Yes, Jesus has the key,you are just picking up old habits and trying to clean them, so to speak and it goes over and over. This is why this verse is so important for the Lord to get us to understand. The mind is our problem, GOd knows that, he made us. You can't stop doing old habits as much as you want to. But as God brings about the circumstances (the bugs?) to cause us distress (God does this, there is no mention of devil in here at all) then we, by faith, look to him, follow him and not the habits. IT is all a work of GOd in our lives because we are weak and unable to do what we know what we should do. AND God doesn't expect us to nor want us to. He made us (created us) to live out of Him only. He will do it, and has begun a good work in you. Watch and see.
Praise God,
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Yes, Jesus is the KEY, and for those old habits of mine ( indeed, they are in my mind, battlefield of the mind type of things..) I have been given the key to bring them to Him to be cleansed. This is a lesson I'm learning (again..) I tend to take things back and try to figure them out myself and I can't.. That's where the key to me is important. Yes, He is the key, but He's given me that key to His laundry for me to use. I need to collect habits (actively on my behalf) and then bring them to the laundry/Him to be washed.
This is for me now, but has something to do with my family too. The experience I'm going through now (the habits are to do with my old way of thinking) is something He's brought to my attention to deal with/bring to Him, the family thing to me indicates this to be for them as well.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:19 am

Traveller, the Lord is good to you, bringing you along. From what you say here all those doors and laundry in front of them is you picking up your family stuff and trying to take care of them too. As women this can be a real struggle.
The key always belongs to him. Never think of yourself apart from Jesus. If you have a key, it doesn't mean he "gives" it to you and walks off. Jesus lives in us, you have nothing without Him! He is the source of our life!! Just because we dream that "we" hold on to something or even if we see Him give us something, it doesn't mean we are ever separated. That is the problem of the mind. That is why Jesus said, "My God why have thou forsaken me?" It was his 100% being a human. We have no hope if he wasn't human. BUt he did not sin, he lived out of his father as we are to live out of Jesus now. Sorry.....going off here....Just what seemed to come out in reply.
God will bring you along as he is with me. huggins

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 am

to you too:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:39 am