Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sC0rCh3d

Is This Normal?

at first I thought it might be coincedental but it's happened MORE than a 'coincedental number of times.'

i am referring to what happens to me everytime i try to read The Bible. Everytime I do, one, I can't soak up what it is that I'm reading, but two(even more dramatically) i suddenly get very sleepy.

as i've said, it's happened more than once.

it feels like someone doesn't want me to read the Bible and i get sleepy and just stop reading.

why would God allow this?

This has happened to me before. I think it could be a demonic spirit trying to prevent you from reading the bible. All you need to do is pray before you read the bible asking Jesus Christ to keep you fully alert so that you can read your bible. Then afterwards you must command (rebuke forcefully) every single evil spirit ( as if you could see it) that may be making you sleepy, drowsy etc. Tell that evil spirit to leave you alone in the name of Jesus Christ. Do what I recommended and see if it helps.

I don't think it is a demonic spirit I am sure it is a demonic spirit.

What you want to do here is plead the blood of Jesus over you when you begin to pray before you read the word. Ask the Lord to shelter you from all attacks of the enemy. Should the enemy try to encroach on your reading time come against him in the name of Jesus. We have ALL authority in Jesus name. Just say......Blocking spirit of reading the Word of God I render you useless and cancel all physical manefistations and command you to cancel all assignments over me and send you to the feet of Jesus right now for judgment. Then thank the Lord for being your strong defense and your refuge and read away. You may have a sudden urge to yawn or cough....it is ok....that is an indication the enemy is leaving. Say Praise God and enjoy your reading with the Lord. Another thing I suggest is that you ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you in His Word. He is faithful and He will help you. God bless and I pray these suggestions are of help to you.

Love in Christ,

Connie huggins

Resolution,

I believe God allows it because He wants us to exercise our free choice. If He prevented everything from happening to us without our participation, then we would never grow in character, self-control, love, etc., and we would all be a bunch of pawns being manipulated on a string. It's all designed to urge us to pray and fight in the Spirit. When He sees us doing all the things that He has already equipped us to do, THEN He does what we CANNOT do.

It's just like exercise. It takes resistance to help us develop muscles. It's the same way in the spiritual. Resist the devil and he will flee! God said to put on the whole armour of God that you may withstand the evil one. You have to FIGHT the good FIGHT of faith. It will take diligence and persistence, and if you don't FAINT, you will WIN!

Love and blessings--

Delaine thumbs