mountain lion attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mountain lion attack

Post by Lindalee on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm

around 2001 I had a dream so vivd I still remember it. I dreamed that someone told me a cougar had carried off my youngest daughter. I searched for her frantically. I was told the search would now be a body recovery. A group of people started helping me search. I was crying. The dream seemed so real that when I woke up I was actually really crying and shaking. Even though it is 9 years later I still worry when my daughter leaves the house. I feel like I need to protect her from something. I have had nightmares before just like anyone else, but I usually forget about them in a short time. This nightmare was never forgotten by me to this very day.
Lindalee

Lindalee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: mountain lion attack

Post by One Door on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Hello Lindalee,
The following is just my opinion and thoughts on your dream.
Over the years I have seen many dreams given to parents regarding their children. These dreams are dreams that are great to hold on to and not let go of because in them (dreams like this one) there is a promise from God to the parent. HE is a great God, is HE not? For me, this dream is simply saying there will come a time when your daughter will go into a direction that is not toward God. A cougar is a cat. A cat can represent an unclean spirit (Proverbs 7: 10-12, 21) and because of the contents of your dream, this is what I believe this cougar represents. We all have an enemy and they work over time to influence us into what God would not have us to do. This is what the cougar (her enemy) is going to do, influence her in the wrong direction. Here's the promise. It is God who is going to do the "body recovery". The word recovery means: a regaining of something lost or stolen. John 10:10 tells us: "The thief (which the cougar is) cometh not but for to steal..."
So I hope, instead of worry you will rest in this dream and know when the time comes, God is very much in control of the situation (during this time) concerning your daughter and HE is going to bring her to HIM. HIS plan for her "body recovery" is a "done deal" already.
Again, this is just my opinion and thoughts concerning your dream.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindalee on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:47 am

Thank you one door. That really makes sense to me.
Lindalee

Lindalee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindalee on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:35 am

although I wish my dreams were alittle more symbolic, in truth they have always tended to be a little more literal, and usually warnings. There were two real life events that could have been related to this dream. About a year after this dream a pediphile did target this particular daughter, but we were able to have him arrested before he could do too much damage. He was caught in time. Not a mountain lion, but definately a preditor. The other incident that occured was about two years later, but did not involve the daughter I dreamed about. It involved my son. He was around 14 at the time, and had gotten off the school bus to walk the gravel logging road that led to our house. He heard thud, thud, thud behind him as something crossed the road. He turned around, nothing there and continued walking, unconcerned. he was used to the deer, elk, horsebackriders and their dogs and just didn't have a mindset that he should worry. He had his head full of whatever young people think about when they daydream. He heard the sound again, turned around, nothing. Continued his way, again unconcerned on this sunny day when all was right in his world, rounded the bend and there in the bushes he came face to face with...a cougar. It stared at him and he stared at it. My son had come to a complete stop, utterly shocked and disbeleiving he was really seeing what he was seeing. He couldn't quite register it in his mind and so didn't react, just stood there in his shock not quite registering the gravity of his situation. He was only a couple of yards from the cougar. It growled, then turned and slunk back into the bushes. He walked home very quickly and un-nerved after that. I was quite upset as any mom would be and enlisted help from my neighbors a mile up the road. They tracked my property, found some very large cat prints mixed in with my miniture horses hoofprints, so it appeared the cat had been stalking them too. I hired a hunter, and after a few weeks he did kill a cougar within a two mile range of my property.
My dream was about my daughter, not my son. But I am particularly close to these two children. So I am left wondering...was the real danger in situation #1 and is now past with the bad guy now in jail? Or was the danger warning really about my son,not my daughter and now that that event has passed no need to worry anymore? Or was that dream about a real event yet to occur in the future with my daughter and should I still be worrying? And will it literally be a mountain lion? Or can it be totally symbolic as in the depiction that one door came up with? Could it be that while I am looking for mountain lions that some other danger intrudes while I am unaware? So many questions...I guess dreams of that magnitude always make me feel like I should be doing something. To me a warning calls for some sort of action, or change of course.
Lindalee

Lindalee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top