dream about coffins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dream about coffins

Post by jeanniekess on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:30 am

Last night I had a dream that was isolated and I watched something that looked like a coffin fall from the sky or far above another coffin that was getting ready to be lowered into the ground fall ontop of that one and the top one smashed and broke in half. It looked like the ground had snow on it also.

Does anyone know what this may mean?
It woke me up in the middle of the night.

jeanniekess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dream about coffins

Post by anicholson47 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:43 am

It is probably a demonic dream...they are quite often associated with snow and coffins as well...I have had similiar dreams as well...I believe that it is a symbol of spiritual death...hence cold and coffins...the fact that is was also falling from the sky can be a reference to "fallen... angels" If it happens again I would pray to God for Him to show you any demonic presence that may be residing in your home....

anicholson47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 am

Snow in a dream can mean pureness. Pure, uncorrupted by evil, all that is good (white as the pure driven snow), spotlessness, radiance. The other part of the dream could mean the ending of a situation or experience; boxed in; feelings that there is no growth in your life. How did you feel in the dream? I would ask the Lord what it means and wait on his reply. The Lord will show you what it means. I pray this is of some help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi Connie

Post by jeanniekess on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Connie,
I was thinking it might mean something about the ending of something also, but I am not sure what. I was getting this same sense. I was feeling shocked, kinda scared, and was asking why to myself in the dream. I have been thinking about how I have not been growing spiritually actually. I have recently made changes in my life by deciding to turn from some habits and also deciding to trust people more and let people in. I used to always have walls up and not let people get to know me very well. This could be something about me dying to myself in some way to live more in Christ.
Jeannie

Dove-Solutions wrote:Snow in a dream can mean pureness. Pure, uncorrupted by evil, all that is good (white as the pure driven snow), spotlessness, radiance. The other part of the dream could mean the ending of a situation or experience; boxed in; feelings that there is no growth in your life. How did you feel in the dream? I would ask the Lord what it means and wait on his reply. The Lord will show you what it means. I pray this is of some help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

jeanniekess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 am

In my experience coffings can also be about someone dying. Actually that's the only personal experience I've had with coffin symbols, is that they are about someone dying.

I know as Christians and people of "faith" we don't ever want to believe that God would send a message about someone dying but He does. The purpose is to either be a prophetic intercessor or for the dream to be a tremendous comfort in the event that it is already established.

This is not a Holy Spirit interpretation but based on the only way I've ever seen coffins be prophetic symbol is that they are about a death. This one seems like one on top of the other and your feelings in the dream also prophesy the meaning. Being shocked, asking why, and being scared, all coorelate with death.

Therefore, I'd pray because I'm fairly certain that is what this dream is about.

Please let us know the outcome. I'm praying for a favorable one!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Mia, God does send messages about death, at least in my case He did. He gave me a dream.

This dream is interesting, it reminds me of the biblical dreams Joseph interpretated...skinny cows eating fat ones....one coffin breaking the other.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:32 pm

A breaking coffin coming right after one death could mean that after one person does die one person almost dies but in the end death has no hold on the person.. so to speak.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi jeanniekess,

I have not taken the accuracy test.

For your discernemnt, discard what does not rest.

I had one thought about this dream.

The first coffin, or picture of death being lowered into the ground breaks the impending doom of falling into death for the second....I see this as a saving grace.

Dying to self ultimately brings about Gods will ...in that position of humility He can use us that others may be saved.

piano

piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 pm

So perhaps the first death helps prevent the second one...like someone who saves another from death but they die in the process...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 pm

jeanniekess wrote:Last night I had a dream that was isolated and I watched something that looked like a coffin fall from the sky or far above another coffin that was getting ready to be lowered into the ground fall ontop of that one and the top one smashed and broke in half. It looked like the ground had snow on it also.

Does anyone know what this may mean?
It woke me up in the middle of the night.

I can't get past the word ""isolated"" and the "snow" accompany with the word ''pressure''. At this place and time in your life do you feel like you are isolated with the bitterness of the cold of other's that perhaps would cause one to break under pressure, and see a need for somethings to be put to rest? I can relate, I had a dream back many years ago that I was lying underneath the bitter cold of the snow, by myself, at the time, I was feeling in the state of being shocked and alone in the season, time, and place in which I was in. I had taken one blow right after another that often left me in my thoughts with ''Alive and alone", "I'm gonna crack under pressure" due to the gainsayers mouth of bittereness. Thank God that spirit was put to death, and I lived to tell about it, Amen. But yet, I'm not dismissing what Mia said or any other possibilities.

Sincerly, Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 am

Praise God sister Halo!
I Cor 15:54, 55 "Death has been swallowed up in victory." This is what I see with the 2 coffins. God is breaking into your life!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanniekess on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

To All,
Thanks for your reponses. I will pray about this more. Last night I could not sleep well and was up thinking about different things which Halo seems to be touching on what I was up thinking a lot about. I hope it is a positive dream but I need to be ready anyway.
Thanks, your sister in Christ,
Jeannie K.

jeanniekess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanniekess on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:54 am

Update on the coffins dream and meaning.
I want to say the dream is both symbolic of spiritual growth but also about death. Yesterday I got an email from someone in my church telling me specifically to pray for Mary someone that she knows that is dying. Her family needs prayer too. The lady is in the last stages of cancer. I did pray for whoever could have been dying 3 months ago but have been waiting to be contacted or know of someone dying and now I did. This is possibly the family I was praying for and the woman.
Also I think the spiritual growth aspect is that I have been trusting Christ more fully and he has been breaking the bonds and the chains of anxiety in my life and fear. I am moving forward knowing he is with me and no matter what goes on around me I will trust him (On the job or home).

jeanniekess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanniekess on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 am

My Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on his birthday May 4th of this year. He died yesterday afternoon at 3. So, this dream I had 13 months ago could have been telling me that someone was dying and that they may be used to save someone else possibly? That's the only explanation I can think of. it may be to early still to say.

jeanniekess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top