Dream of sex with Elder - HELP ASAP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dream of sex with Elder - HELP ASAP

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:24 am

Lola, I wanted to say thank you for your posts on this one. I have learned much through this one and I'm sorry to the first person who started this if I lead anything off in the wrong direction. It is obviously a tough dream/subject but one we all have had, I am sure, to one extent or another. It is so good to know God is in control of our dreams! I am so thankful for this. Thank you again for your incite to this, I feel in my spirit you are right with your interpretation.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Thank you Joy! flower

Sexual dreams are a common albeit uncomfortable dream theme for Christians. The dream may not be from God (i.e., it could be a soulish dream that is attributable to the things that we expose ourselves to through tv, music, books, movies, etc.) but the thing to focus on in either case is the symbolism, not the literal act.

As for the demonic element, I wanted to add a couple of things. First, just to add to my comment above, while many people do believe that the devil can give us dreams, if we study the Bible carefully we'll see that there is no biblical support for this belief. God is warning us of upcoming spiritual warfare that we may encounter and if we seek Him, He will provide all of the answers to that we can fight from a place of victory. As it relates to sexual content that could be showing us demonic activity, I've heard of spirit wives/husbands that appear in dreams but the evidence that could point to spirit spouses is that the person in the dream is usually a stranger and reappears in subsequent dreams. In the dreamer's waking life, they have relationship issues - can't keep a relationship for any significant period of time, they may have marriage difficulties, etc. God shows them this in their dreams so that they can address it usually through the assistance of a deliverance ministry.

The other thing that I want to add (or maybe expand on from above) is that we have to be careful not to move into a state of devil magnification. By that I mean that we shouldn't believe that every dream that is has sex or snakes or reptiles or spiders or whatever else we associate with demonic activity is from the devil. First, no symbol means the same thing in every dream - in fact, no dream theme means the same thing 100% of the time. It's soooo important to look at the symbols and theme in light of the full dream itself and especially the dreamer's feelings while in the dream.

Even when we do see these symbols and strongly feel in our spirit that the dream represents demonic activity, that's not the devil - that's God warning us of the potential attack - I say potential because when we receive these dreams it's so that we can either change our behavior/actions/attitudes/etc. so that the outcome in the dream doesn't occur OR it's to let us know something is coming, we're going to experience a spiritual attack of some sort but we're going to be ok, it's a 'heads up' dream. But this is God letting us know so that we can prepare and stand in our authority, not cower to the devil. And because this is God letting us know, we have to be careful to make sure that we're giving Him the glory for His faithfulness to us and not giving the devil credit he doesn't deserve...

The link that I posted above discusses this in more detail but I wanted to take a minute to talk about the key priniciples so that we can grow in knowing that God has us covered in every circumstance. Thank You, Lord!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It may be good to also post what you just wrote under dream symbols because eventually this will be lost in the sea of dreams on here! :-) It is very helpful and very clear. It is wonderful to live moment by moment knowing God is fully in control of "all things"! What you shared keeps me hanging in here too; I like the focus.
Yes, thank you Lord!
joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hi on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 pm

anicholson47-- i think what this person is saying to be the truth on this matter.
i could be wrong on this but when i read the dream i already said to myself this is the enemy.
when i ask the Lord on sex issues he shows me.If i ask the lord something through my mouth,the enemy
fouls the vision but if its from my mind that i speak to God,then its a little simple or odd but nothing like the enemy an his tricks..i stated in a post before how the devil an his followers like to take on people images.
People you see often or you are just close with someone.
I think the enemy is trying to place fake desires in you to make you think you want that person or the person
wants you an the enemy knows about it so the ememy is giving that person a hand.The enemy takes the form
of my mother,father,brothers,past friends,an so on but now its mainly my mother.They could show you the right expressions an make you think a certain way..You better find time to be by yourself an pray,fast,and getaway
from things...
I mean no ill feelings to the website,cuz i do love this site and this is my first and only website i will follow the
meaning on things.like i mention in a post,growing up in my walk with God i have seen a great deal of things
an i continue to see things still an alot of the things i remember match well with the things written on this website.But the devil does show you dreams and i am positive on it. God would promise me this,the enemy
will come to you with his promise.i even had i vision with people coming to me in the spirit realm offering
there phone number,saying i could call them if i need anything, but i could already tell they were evil.
Dreams were the devil tried to currupt my mine an make me think i'am gay.I promise
you,the devil brings you dreams i do promise you that.I pray an tell God this website could be of great use
for people to understand the way how God speaks to people but you leaders must secure your website that
nothing is falsely posted.When something is popular an it is base on the work of God(exposing the enemy) the
devil will go to the extreme.

Hi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi -

Have you ever seen a case in the Bible where the enemy gave anyone a dream?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamert00 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 pm

I thank everyone for their contribution to my dream. My Spirit agrees with Lola and I am at peace with the message from God. I am just a little uncertain to why my hair was messed up and why I ran into the living room. But thanks everyone.

Dreamert00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anicholson47 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 am

2 Corinthians 10:5......5. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ

Every thought.....demons attack your mind....do you think they say oh okay she's asleep we'll wait until shes up and start again. NO! When you are asleep they attack you even more because you are vulnerable. So we must "take captive" even our dreams. We can go back and forth all day. But isn't it best that we weigh out all possibilities in order to be "vigilant" to ensure that our enemies do not have strongholds even in our dreams. In my experience demons do attack our minds even in our sleep, I'm sorry but a dream that scares you and causes problems is not from God. Nor are all dreams from God. But this particular dream is from the enemy. I know what I have experienced as well as others. Once I realized that it was an attack and I took authority over my sleep. I have had no more nightmares....yes dreams from God can be frightening but in a different way. Don't believe see for yourself and pray about it. Because above all God's authority is above our own interpretation of the bible. Pray about it.

anicholson47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

anicholson47 -

I have to address you specifically on one issue of importance here and then address the overall topic and will refer everyone again to the thread where this has been discussed and then this topic will be closed out.

Regardless of our differing beliefs, there is one dream interpretation principle that you must adher to (at least while on this site) which is that when the original dreamer doesn't receive what you've interpreted, DO NOT FORCE YOUR INTERPRETATION. Dreamert00 has stated at least twice in this thread that she doesn't receive the interpretation that this dream is from the enemy. Believe her! If you strongly feel in your spirit that your interpretation is correct and she 'just doesn't get it' (my words here, not your words) then the appropriate response is to accept gracefully her not receiving your interpretation and pray for her that the Holy Spirit would guide her and protect her (or whatever it is that you feel the dreamer is in need of). Because if you are correct (which in this case, I don't think you are), your forcing the issue will only create more resistance to your interpretation - leave it to the Holy Spirit to guide and confirm. Thanks.

As for the larger discussion, I will add one thing because I think it's critically important that the confusion be eliminated from this thread. We can also pick this topic up in the other thread regarding dreams from the devil (again, I'll repost the link again) because through dialogue we can grow in our biblical knowledge and truth.

The thing that troubles me when I read about the notion of the devil giving us dreams is that it gives the devil more power than he actually has; it's a form of devil magnification that unfortunately is more common than it ought to be, particularly in deliverance ministries. The danger here is if we get caught up in this confusion we can actually do more harm to ourselves and those who are in need of deliverance than good. This is why it is so important to study the Bible so that we can know when we're receiving good, solid teaching vs false teaching (or even teaching that is well intentioned yet still inaccurate).

The most important principle to get our arms around is that the devil cannot exist inside a Holy Spirit filled Christian, therefore he cannot give a dreamer dreams. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 states "16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." If we are temples of the Holy Spirit, then there is ABSOUTELY NO WAY that the devil can indwell in us to give us dreams. Each of us is a house of God, there is no way that the devil can reside within us as well. While it is possible for people to have the devil reside within them (these people are unbelievers who are demonically possessed), it is impossible for both the Holy Spirit and the devil to reside in the same body. To suggest otherwise is to insult God that He would co-mingle with uncleanliness. 2 Corinthians 6:15-16 - 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.

1 John 4:4 - 4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Thus, there is no way that the devil can be in our heads to give us dreams. What he can do is attempt to harass us externally - this is demonic oppression/influence where he is successful. This does occur with Christians and usually occurs through an open door (sin, generational issues, etc.). But this is still something that occurs externally, e.g. through temptations, through working through other people, etc. What he can do to us is to tempt us or harass us during waking hours with things that then show up during our sleep. But this is the same as a soulish dream as described in Ecclesiastes 5:3 - "3For a dream cometh through the multitude of business."

When we receive a dream like this rather than giving the enemy credit that he doesn't deserve, it's important to take a step back to review what we're exposing our souls to externally to determine if the dream is a soulish dream, e.g., through books, tv, music, movies, video games, clubs, etc. because it's likely that our souls are being exposed to things that evolve and manifest in our dreams. When this isn't the case, then we need to seek God to ask Him to guide, protect, and instruct us regarding the dream. Again, most of the time He's either calling us to take action regarding something or He's warning us that we're going to encounter spiritual warfare so it's time to get girded up. And this shouldn't come as a surprise. In Ephesians 6:10-11, Paul warns us to "10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." He doesn't say that this will be a chance occurence like the Lotto or to put on the armor when we fear the devil's going to come after us, he tells us to put it on so that we can stand firmly against the devil. Always. What's implied is that we're are going to encounter warfare, therefore it follows that He would warn us of these encounters, in fact there is biblical evidence of when God has even allowed demonic harrassment to take place (e.g., Job, Saul, Paul). My point here is that these dream occurences are another example of God's faithfulness to us to guide us, protect us, and correct us when necessary. By ascribing these dreams to the devil, we don't give God the glory due to Him therefore we commit a form of blasphemy when we do this.

There's something specific that was stated by a poster above (I think Hi) regarding the devil coming appearing in our dreams as someone else that needs to be addressed. We have to thread VERY lightly when we think a dream is demonic or is warning us of demonic activity because if we're not careful, we cause confusion through misinterpreting the dream and potentially take incorrect action from a dream doing more harm than good in the process. It's not that I don't think that people in our dreams don't sometimes symbolize someone else (but it depends on whether you dream literally or symbolically), but I do think that there's a subtle but important difference between saying that someone represented the enemy and the enemy came into a dream through someone in the dream. In the latter case, you're giving the enemy more power than he actually has. And when you start to oversymbolize you move farther away from what God is really showing you in the dream, so please, please, please seek the Lord first to figure out what He is showing you.

As an example, I have a friend who had a visitor stay with him. He had a dream that she came into his room and tried to strangle him. He had this dream three times in the same night. (Needless to say, he locked his door...ok, maybe this isn't the best time for humor...lol! ) He too thought at first that the enemy was showing up in his dream through the woman to hurt him. But here's the thing - this man is Holy Spirit filled and obedient to the Lord. He's also a dreamer who prays and pleads the blood of Jesus over his home and his mind before he goes to bed. So how could the enemy have given him this dream? I told him that he was wrong, the dream wasn't from the enemy, the enemy was not coming to him through the woman. God was warning him about this woman as she meant him no good and could destroy him. Having dreamt that 3 times, the word was established. The dream later manifested. IRL, the woman was his ex-girlfriend from several years ago when he wasn't saved. She didn't believe that he was living a saved life now (he claimed to be a Christian then but was really living with one foot in the world and one foot in the Church) and she was attempting to come back into his life to pick up where things had left off when they broke up. She had reestablished a connection under the guise of needing his assistance related to a business matter that is his line of business. Because the Lord showed him something so intense in his dream, it made him more alert to discern what was going on IRL. As he thought more about what had led to her visiting him and her actions during her stay, it became crystal clear that the Lord was warning him to cut ties with her otherwise, it would cost him dearly so he did - he didn't take her business (although it would've been a lucrative deal) and made it clear to her that he was a different man. If he had continued to believe that this dream was about the devil and not about the woman, he would've missed the message and potentially made decisions that would have had damaging results.

Lastly, could we please remember who we are and whose we are in Christ Jesus? Even when we receive a dream where the Lord is warning us of warfare, we need to take the offensive and STAND STRONG IN THE LORD AND THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT (Ephes 6:10), remembering that he is MIGHTY IN US (2 Corinthians 13:3), and we are more than conquerors through Him (Romans 8:37). I'm not trying to be cliche here and dismiss the devil but I am reminding us that we do not need to quiver so much at the mere mention of him. Jesus gave us the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over ALL the power of the enemy and NOTHING shall by any means hurt us (Luke 10:19). When we make the Lord our dwelling place, NO evil can befall us (Psalm 91:9-10). He preserves us from ALL evil and preserves our soul and preserves our coming in and going out (Psalm 121:7-8).

Let us remember that we serve the King of kings and Lord of lords! There is NO name above the mighty name of Jesus! Please read the scriptures above (there are many more) and let the words sink into your souls until they become a part of you. We have so much more power through the Lord than we think, it's time for us to study the Word more and pray for the Lord Jesus to show us these things and increase our faith in this area as we individually need it.

I also want to state that this is meant to encourage, edify and remind us to grow confident in who we are in Christ Jesus. It isn't to suggest that we should now individually try to take on principalities and territory spirits after reading a few scriptures - deliverance ministry is an area of Christianity that can be harmful if not handled properly and is usually reserved for mature Christians whose faith is unyielding because it really is warfare and requires a solid understanding of the Word as well as familiarity with demonology, angelology, and warfare practices and strategies particularly when engaging in warfare with larger principalities.

Getting back to the original dream, unless someone has something to add regarding why the OP's hair was messed up and why she ran to the living room, we don't need to further comment on this dream, the OP has stated that she's satisfied. I will copy the top portion of this post into the following thread - if anyone would like to continue to dialogue on this topic, please feel free to but let's do it in that thread, not here.

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dream-and-vision-questions-f6/has-anyone-had-a-dream-they-believe-that-is-100-from-the-de-t1249.htm

Thanks and God bless you! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 pm

My interpretation of this dream is that you very well could possibly have seen a situation involving other people (experiencing as though it were you but it isn't) and this dream is for prayer and intercession. This doesn't mean it's necessary the elder in your dream but I wouldn't be surprised if you hear something similiar to this in the future or you may have already.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamert00 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 am

Lola, here is what I just received, the living room represents an upcoming event. The messed up hair represent my covering has been defiled. Lola please read my "new" dream I posted "Braces on teeth messed me up". I believe that this dream "sex with the elder" was a sequence of events to take place. NeWine has been working with me on the Braces on Teeth dream and I'm now to believe that I been under a legalistic covering and God is exposing the leaders of my church. I trust and love them but something is just not right. I will post our conversation, please read. Thanks Lola.

Dreamert00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamert00 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Since this dream, I've been divorced. Of course this Elder is real cool and jokes with me ONLY at church. Lately his jokes are more personal, but I didn't pay it no mind until tonight. He called with small talk, I on the other hand like let's get conversation to the point, and ask about his wife. He want me to help him with a business (been saying this for years). I responded let me know when you ready, you been saying this. He in nut shell says he ready now, but he afraid of what he might do...I brush it off, and mention let the Lord use him. then I'm reminded of this dream. So you can imagine my mind is all over the place, because this dream. I didnt want to ask what he scared he might do, It'll be awkward with us at church and possible had an inappropriate conversation. *floored* I hope I'm OVER REACTING.

Dreamert00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top