Removing Demonic Opposition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Removing Demonic Opposition

Post by +<>< on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:22 pm

I was wondering how to go about this. Can you effectively try this on yourself? What if you don't have experience with speaking in tongues or receiving words of knowledge? Are there such spirits of fear, depression, unbelief, bitterness, etcetera? Can such demons and Satan prevent even a christian from truly knowing God and believing in/hearing from Him, as well as other things like being physically healed and forgiven/delivered from sin? How can I know whether or not I am being affected in any way by demons whether physically, emotionally, or both?

Anyone out there have experience with finding and casting-out demons? Any advice would be helpful. Thank-you.

+<><

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Demonic Opposition

Post by Cholette on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Hello +<><

These are my answers/opinions to your questions:

Can you effectively try this on yourself?

Yes, but with a condition. It's not a good idea for someone who doesn't understand the authority we have in Christ to go about casting out demonic oppression. The enemy KNOWS who he can convince that he has more power. If you are not learned in spiritual warfare, I would suggest that you go to your pastor or a minister, who you trust and who knows what they are doing. In the mean time, pray and ask God to show you in the word your authority in Christ and to lead you to some good teachings on spiritual warfare. The enemy is nothing but a big ole liar, but he is a convincing liar and if he says "boo!" and you believe him, well, that could be a mess.

What if you don't have experience with speaking in tongues or receiving words of knowledge?

Not sure what you mean about not having experience in receiving words of knowledge because that has nothing really to do with spiritual warefare. Praying in tongues does. It's our own personal prayer language that our spirits pray and we are, in return, empowered by the Holy Spirit. Tongues can be used in spiritual warfare because sometimes you just don't know what to pray, but even in tongues, there needs to still be an awareness of your authority and identity in Christ. I would suggest you practice praying in the spirit throughout the day. It's a beautiful opportunity to plug into the power of God, even without being in spiritual warfare. These days, i do more praying in tongues than I do english and there is such an awesome change in my life.

Are there such spirits of fear, depression, unbelief, bitterness, etcetera?

Yes...there are oppressing spirits that come to our minds and say things to us that causes our minds to go to an unproductive place. It's imperative that you KNOW the Word of God. It's the key...the Sword of the Spirit that we need to do the fighting for us. It's our only offensive weapon in warfare.

Can such demons and Satan prevent even a christian from truly knowing God and believing in/hearing from Him, as well as other things like being physically healed and forgiven/delivered from sin?

Yes...the enemy a liar. THe one thing we need to know that the ONLY thing he has is talk. The Bible says that he roams aroung LIKE A roaring lion. He has the roar, but not the bite. He's been stripped of his ability to control us, but what happens is, if he can convince the believer that he has an issue that can't be turned around...or that God won't come through for him...or that he will always be sick, then his "roar" has worked. Jesus went to the cross....died...and was resurrected for us to have the authority, power and strength through the Holy Spirit to walk this Christian walk. But we have to renew our minds to the Word of God so that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the standard of God's Word will rise up against the lies.

How can I know whether or not I am being affected in any way by demons whether physically, emotionally, or both?

This is an interesting question because there is NO one answer for this. I think if you look for something hard enough, you will find it. The way I live my life is that I don't put much stalk in the enemy. The body of Christ is too "devil focused" and not enough "Jesus focus". I believe if we keep our eyes on the cross, we will see more of Christ's power in our lives and less focused on the lies of the enemy. I would love to tell you that you have way more power than you know. You have the dunamis power of God inside of you. Dunamis is the Greek word for dynamite. We don't understand this type of power because when we hear about the devil, we see him as more powerful than us and that's just not true. The name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus is enough for us to live this life.

My overall suggestion to you is to REALLY read the Word of God...Study it...learn it...ask the Holy Spirit to open it up to you. Become Christ Conscious. The mind is the battlefield for the enemy. That's where he goes and implants his lies. The Bible says that we will KNOW the TRUTH and it's the TRUTH that will makes us free. If you don't know the truth...then you can't be free. You are ALREADY free, but if you believe you're not, then you won't be.

I pray this helps. Like I said, these are my opinions. I'm not one who has laid hands on the demonically oppressed and watched them free, but I am one who have had to fight my way through the devils lies throughout my walk with the Lord. I'm in a place right now where I recognize and discern when the enemy is trying to act up in my life and I remind him who I AM in Christ. Trust me...he hates to hear me coming because if he comes anywhere near anyone that I know...I'm on it because I know who I am and that there are more with me than those that are with him. Praise the Lord!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

I have to agree with Cholette...
Can you effectively try this on yourself?
I suggest you use CAUTION when dealing with spirits.

Acts 19:15 "And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?"

Jesus had anointed Paul and given him the power and the authority to perform special miracles (casting out demons - among others). Paul was performing these special miracles and there were a group of Jews who thought they would be able to do as Paul was doing. They thought they could use the name of the Jesus to cast out demons as well. Well, unfortunately, because Jesus HAD NOT anointed them OR given them the power and the authority to do so...thus, the verse I just gave came into play. After that verse, it goes on to say the evil spirit jumped on them and overcame (rendered them powerless) them and they fled the house naked.

I HAVE to STRONGLY "ditto" what Cholette said because she is absolutely correct in what she said...
"In the mean time, pray and ask God to show you in the word your authority in Christ and to lead you to some good teachings on spiritual warfare."
This is some very SOUND advice and it couldn't have been said any better.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm

To add to this too I also believe our own minds have way more "power" than we realize. Often when the bible speaks of "evil" it is speaking simply of the spirit of man, not demons. Didn't Jesus say to his beloved disciple, Peter, "get behind me Satan." What did he mean by that? Peter was a disciple, a learner, not possessed by demons or Satan. Jesus was speaking against the will of man. Peter wanted to help Christ out....Jesus wants no part of that. Did Jesus help the Father out? NO! He lived every moment in the will of the Father, as a man. Jesus had to go through this and he did everything he did through his Father, as he then said to us, to do all through Jesus. Our minds have an enormous amount of capability to make choices and work things out. But this is not the way of God. We cannot use the mind to fix the mind either. I won't go on here, but just to add that so much of what we call demonic is simply our minds and imaginations and fantasies. Don't give Satan much credit, the mind is more evil than we know. This is why it has to be renewed and exchanged and the more we focus on demons and such, the more convinced the mind will be of their reality and power, yet there is no power source in this world but God. Our minds wander far and fast though and we see darkness and the mind conjures up all sorts of images......
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

I absolutely agree with Cholette. Sometimes when you have no idea what to pray, pray in the spirit because the Holy Spirit know what we need to pray and He prays on our behalf. Spiritual warfare is not to be taken lightly. Know who you are in the Lord and the authority he has given us. We have all authority according to Luke 10:19. I pray this is of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top