A sleeping spider???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A sleeping spider???

Post by Angelwings on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 am

I know I've read a lot of post about spiders and how they can be symbolic or literal...but I need help with this one.

I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts on the meaning of a sleeping spider.

my dream: I saw a couple who had a fish tank but they kept their pet spider in it. There was another critter in the tank with the spider but I dont remember what it was. The spider was a HUGE tarantula....the size of a kitten. It almost looked like a stuffed animal.....it didn't look real to me. The lady picked it up and the spider curled up..... Like when a spider is dead. But she said it was sleeping and she held it. It was like she was saying it was safe to handle because it was sleeping.
Then I was laying in bed and the sleeping spider was between me and my husband and I didn't want to move.

?????any thoughts??????

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A sleeping spider???

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:48 am

As you know, I have not taken the accuracy test. Please pray on this.

Whatever this "thing" is that the spider represents (it's obviously gotten pretty big) at this time, is safe to get rid of. The lady told you it was safe to handle but when you were in bed you did not want to move (you don't want to deal with this?). Is it something between you and your husband? It is asleep still but can be safely removed.
Just a thought, a spider has 8 legs, what does 8 represent....maybe that is way off...
joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Oh ok, I didn't even think of it that way. It makes sense, it was sleeping and it was safe to handle (safe to remove). But I wonder how that would play out in real life? I thought a spider in a dream represents something of a demonic attack, or it represents a demonic spirit. I tend to dream a lot with spiders but in different contexts. I have dreamt of a dead spider but not one that was supposedly sleeping.

When I look up sleeping in the dictionary one of the definitions I found said; A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep; unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation, or death.
I found that definition interesting because my thoughts were the spider represented deceit in someway. The spider looked like it was dead but the lady said it was sleeping. So was the lady also being deceived?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Was there any indication that the lady was deceived in the dream? Maybe God was showing you that thinking of spiders as demonic can be safely removed from you now? Or at least in relationship with you and your husband since that was the context. It is asleep, it has no power, except if we believe it has power. The only power source in this world is God. Everything else only has power if we believe it has power. That is very clear in the passage about food. Nothing is unclean but if we think it is, then we give it that power. Everything God created was good, even spiders :-) But if we let our minds think it has power, then it has some form of control over us.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:14 pm

No, I guess there wasn't anything that really showed she was being deceived.

Maybe God was showing you that thinking of spiders as demonic can be safely removed from you now? Or at least in relationship with you and your husband since that was the context. It is asleep, it has no power, except if we believe it has power

I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what you meant by that. Do I think God is showing me something that at one time attacked my marriage but now can no longer be a threat?
Or is God showing me that I don't need to look at spiders as a threat?

It is asleep, it has no power, except if we believe it has power. The only power source in this world is God. Everything else only has power if we believe it has power.

Amen to that!! I see where your going with this and I'm going to pray about it.
Thank you Joy

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Sorry. I didn't mean this spider meant anything between the two of you except that is where you saw it. You say spiders often represent the demonic, so what I see is that between you and your husband, that thought can be removed. Don't think about demonic junk (not sure what word to use here, sorry) within the marriage. Is that clearer?
yes, please pray on that, it is just what I sensed in the dream.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Ah ha, yes I understand now. Thank you for your thoughts Joy.
I tend to look at things a little more dramatically than what they appear to be, sometimes. And when I look at them that way I start to think the worse possible thing. Which doesn't get me anywhere...but I'm learning.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:24 am

So am I! This is why we are disciples of Christ....we learn constantly. When we think we've got it, then we're in trouble. Hold on to Jesus, that's all we really have.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 am

Joy, your interpretation of my dream was confirmation from God. Halleluja!!!
As you know, I took a "time out" and I have been fasting...waiting for God's instructions. And that dream points me in the right direction.
Praise God!!! I have an issue that needs to be removed (and even exposed) and right now is the time to do it. Its Safe!! I have been avoiding it because of fear.

The Lord gave me these verses a few weeks ago in a dream;
Ecclesiastes 3:1-7
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a (A)time for every event under heaven--
2A time to give birth and a (B)time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3A (C)time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4A time to (D)weep and a time to (E)laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to (F)dance.
5A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
6A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to (G)be silent and a time to speak

(biblegateway NASB)

And that same chapter came up again in my bible study last night. The bible study was about God's appointed time of speaking to us and giving us direction. Often times we start picking apart what he tells us (thats me, GUILTY) and trying to solve things on our own, instead of waiting on Him and His appointed time.

The last part of my dream where I was avoiding that spider showed me my behavior. This is the second time that God has corrected my behavior in how I'm handling certain situations.
I feel so set free right now!
Praise God!!!
Thank you Joy, God Bless You

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 am

We'll I praise God with you, and relate too well to not dealing with things in my own life. But God is constantly speaking and revealing. Lately, I'm having a very hard time even knowing the dreams....they seem to not want to come up. Your persistence and time out is a good example to me! But how wonderful to have this forum to share. The Lord will lead us on!
huggins back to you too!!

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 am

yes, I am grateful for this website too. It has truely been a huge blessing to me when I needed it the most.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 am

,,,ugh ,,,tha dormant word speaks volumes,,2 me,,truely creepy ,,,but im sure its significant.drm.hmmm a dormant issue between u an ur husband perhaps?? something unresloved,,?? ,,D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Yes, I agree about the "dormant" word. It's not so much an unresolved issue. It's the part about it being dormant that speaks to me. I needed to know that. Thank you Lord!!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 pm

ok,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:57 am

Sponsored content