Nursing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nursing

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 pm

I only remember one bit.

I was nursing a baby and it wasn't latching on properly. The baby was bigger than a new born. In my dream I knew how to get the baby to latch on properly and I made it alright and he latched on properly.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nursing

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok, I know the about the "milk" of the Word, new "baby" Christians...

That's just the obvious.

I want to know about the actual nursing parts.

Also, could that baby be my son or others? Like, he doesn't get the hang of what salvation means, understand the bible?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:33 am

look at who ur feeding around u now,, ,,,look at the medium ur useing,,is it word.? teachin?? imparting?, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:46 am

D, I think it is my son. I want him to understand Who God is, not just an invisibleness that we pretend to talk to but don't really believe He's there, or that we pretend that He answers prayer and then secretly just believe it was a coincidence. I'm not consistent in anything I do, but I do put everything into it when I am doing. So I don't get worn out, I point out all the little things that most people don't notice. Like when it's a perfect day at the perfect time, I tell my son that God made it that way just for us. Like the other day I was taking some stuff to donate and the stuff was really heavy, both of us had arms that were full. It was also super hot out, so when we got to the doors, they were ALL open, both 1st and 2nd set. I told my son that God had someone open those doors for us I always tell him that God is always taking care of us and doing stuff for us. I point it all out because I don't want him growing up how I grew up, with an less than distant God, that you only heard stories about but they never pertained to me or real life. Never heard about prayers being answered or when I did it was always from the people that were poorer than us, even then it seemed like they were surprised... That's really really sad. I also grew up with unspoken prayer requests... which I always felt was stupid because God says that when 2 or more come in AGREEMENT then God is there and will answer. But if it's silent, how in the World can they agree when they don't even know?! I used to give uspoken prayer requests A LOT because I thought I would be JUDGED by everyone there... That tells you a lot Because, that means I grew up with a bunch of hypocrites.
When I was older around that time of the unspokens, I noticed a few of my friends would talk about God answering prayers. He never answered mine and I thought it was only for the SUPER GOOD christians, looking back, they weren't super good, because they had hurt me. I felt worthless and not special.

One thing that REALLY gets me now is that since I have learned for myself that God wants details, I can't stand it when I'm praying with a group and they pray in generalities!!! It was like that when I was growing up too!!! I hate it. It's like they don't believe God will answer EVERYTHING so they are covering their backs by only praying in generalities, Just in case. Then if it's not answered, it wasn't God's will. Maybe I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just don't realize that doesn't like prayers of generalities either and they don't realize that God could do a LOT more if you asked Him to.

Anyway, back to my point... So, my son, I want him to understand what Salvation is, to realize he is not perfect and has sin to deal with, to understand what grace and mercy is, what forgiveness feels like, why Jesus died for us, that we must choose.
This is all stuff I grew up in church with and had no understanding of, all because of my parents.

Last edited by hind'sfeet on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited out my son's name.)

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:16 am

It's great to teach our children the basics of what it is to have a relationship with the Lord, but from experience, they learn by watching us. Those things we do and don't do...what we say and don't say...how we react to things, etc.

God is good Hindsfeet...your son will understand because it's your hearts desire. Remember, the Word of God says...

The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts. (2 Corinthians 3:2-3 - New Living Translation)

Blessings to you...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:44 pm

I was thinking on this part too--that you made it right. He latched on when you made it right.....
I have a 6 year old granddaughter. If she doesn't understand something, spiritual or ANYTHING, she won't talk about it. When she understands (hears) she will go on and on. We have to pray for our children that God would have them understand and that we speak words at their understanding, where they are "at" in life, just as God does to us too. your dream showed you he did latch on! Praise God.

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Cholette, I do know what you mean about the learn by watching... My mom still hasn't figured that part out and she's practically raising my toddler nephew who hits, calls names, and threatens you, and hits his mom... My son never did any of that except for trying/successfully biting other children when he would get frustrated, he tried it with me a few times (unfortunately I thought it was quite humorous watching him ever so slowly bringing my finger up to his mouth and then ever so slowly chomping down all the while watching my face with a frustrated grimace on his ).

Ok, that was long!

I'm starting to understand what it means about the Word being written on the heart! Very cool! It creates the fire in your bones that you can't hold inside your story/testimonies.

Nyagali, both my son and I are just like your granddaughter... But it goes even further to interests. We don't talk about what doesn't interest us even if it's the main subject of group talk. Just don't have anything to say cause whatever it is bores us.

My sons teacher a few years ago told me that she would be helping my son to understand his math and when he would understand, his face would just light up and she could see the light bulbs going off in his brain! I love that feeling! For me now, it's revelations that gives me that

I should pray more about that then. I haven't been praying that I would speak to where he would understand, just that God would give him understanding.
I don't know if I can speak to where he is at in life. In fact he was just telling me that when he was a toddler, he was telling someone that "they don't talk much" about me and daddy. Which was very true. We talk more now to our son than we ever did at any other time in his life. It was hard for me to talk to him as an adult when he was a toddler because I didn't know if he could understand me, and it was really hard trying to figure out concepts that he could understand or to even know what he understood. So, I did end up only speaking to him like an adult, just did not hold conversations with him, mostly questions or commands. He didn't hear me talking a lot also because I didn't call people on the phone, or hang out with people every day, pretty much stayed to myself and my son, and my husband whenever he was home. Once a week we would go to church, sometimes I would see a friend here and there.

That part of the dream was great! I did LOVE nursing my son irl too!!
I've read a lot here that the age of the baby can mean time till it happens. Does Mia mean that if you automatically know the age of the baby or is it a guesstimate? He seemed to be younger than a year old. Could God be encouraging me with a time frame of his salvation?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:30 am

Chotette, you are so right about just living this life as examples. I remember that from my own youth. I look back and see things about my parents life from such a different perspective. They lived their life before God as they understood, the same as I have done and hopefully even though my children are in their 20's now, they see me continue to grow and change as Jesus takes me further and further along this journey of LIFE!

Our own son just came back from an "OM fest" weekend. The Lord keeps telling me NOT TO JUDGE. Is our God not big enough to speak to him anywhere, through anything, in any place, in any situation in life? We are the ones who limit God. Do you think we don't have regrets about some of our parenting? You say you didn't get out much, you didn't interact with people to show him......BUt that is where you were with the Lord and couldn't do or be anything else than what you were. That is also where the Lord chose to bring your son into this world! God is not in time, we are. God is in the future and in the present at the same time. Our minds don't grasp that but He is not in the least bit concerned that your son was brought up the way he was. He will works in and through this to show him Jesus is both the WAY (the how, the path), the TRUTH and his LIFE!

Just talk with him as the Lord opens your mouth and you will even be surprised by what you say! Jesus is that good.
joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:33 am

oh yes, I also had a dream a while ago of holding my son as a baby, then he jumped out of my arms, tried all sorts of doors, other stuff in the dream too....then he was back in my arms after he looked about 6-7. So I wonder if he has about 7 years of this. God will bring him back, just love him. That is what God is showing me, but I don't know the age of your son. Parenting changes with each age of the child because their understanding changes.
joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:38 am

Thank you Joy!! I must repeat some lines to an old hymn I grew up with, Blessed assurance Jesus is Mine :) That song just came to my head, don't remember all the lyrics but that part and the tune I do! Don't really care about a whole lot of hymns anymore, but when they pop up I do

I did need to hear that! It's something I've been told a lot and try to look at my own life and childhood in that way, but never get a full grasp of it. You def. put it into words I understand more

He's 11. I can see why God gives us this time frame now. He knows we worry so much about our children though He doesn't want us to, He knows that we can't help it if we don't have that "Blessed Assurance" in the future of our children. We can know that Jesus isn't going to leave them behind and that they are not going to be children of the anti-christ. That was my worry.

How old is your son? I know for me, I there were things that I had to go through before I could be brought into an understanding of what I know now and what I needed to know. God does speak through circumstances and I never forgot God through mine, just didn't have a relationship with Him. I wanted an honest relationship with God, that's why I went away from him for a good while.

God is so patient!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 am

I love some of the hymns too. They focus so much more on Jesus and true "theology". So much music now is focused on us and that may sound nice, but it isn't worship, it just touches the emotions.....off I go.......sorry......My son is 28 now and my daughter turns 30 next month. It makes me sound old, but I'm really not! :-) I firmly believe most of the church has a horrible misunderstanding of the anti christ and the second coming. It has been taught down from the 1800's on and made worse in the 1840's. This now is being taught as biblical truth in our pulpits! Which has "successfully" left many in the church in fear and under control.

But you know, God is truth, he will speak to his true church and they WILL HEAR! The book of Revelation is is the revelation of Jesus Christ. We start to stray from the very first verse with our understanding. "Do not fear". Jesus said that more often than almost anything else he said because he knows us! God is speaking through the circumstances and there isn't ONE single ONE that is out of his control. He has everything in control, no one else does!

Blessings to you. 11 is a precious age but one where they start to sense their own identity. Good time to start sharing about who they really are (in Christ).

The patience of God is amazing.
joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited sescond coming info)

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 am

Some hymns are great, but don't really care for hymns a whole lot anymore. I love songs like Revelation song, and He's jealous for me. I don't enjoy the music where all it is, stuff like adult versions of sunday school songs... Like instructing ourselves... I hate that, what's the point of singing this little light of mine stuff, or ?! Yeah, I was having a really hard time trying to describe the type of "christian" music that I hate. Actually, I didn't even like that music when I was a kid! It felt like something was missing and the music was unfulfilling, and only made me feel blah. The song I hated the most and still really don't like at all is He's got the whole world in His hands. Very impersonal and standoffish song.

ok, enough about that.

I'd like to know what you have learned about the anti-christ.

That would explain why Revelations is my most fav. book in the whole Bible!!
The pastor was talking about idols and a reason we have them is to be in control.
Yeah, satan used the fear of going to hell on me since I was a kid till recently, and now that God has taken that fear, satan has turned my attention to my son. Crafty...

I do need to focus more on sharing who he is in Jesus!

Thank you Joy for the encouragement!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer02 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

If I may say something about one of your replies? I'm not trying to interpret anything, just a thought- I noticed that you have a lot of bitterness toward your parents and their church. I am only 27, and I don't think I have lived enough of my life to call myself wise. Disregard anything I say if you want and I wont be offended. But I think your parents did what they thought was right. I don't think they went to that specific church and had their relationships with God be as they were just so that you would lack depth in your relationship with God. God knew it would be that way before you were born and He knew that you would become who you are today because of the way you were brought up. One thing I have noticed in my relationship with my parents, is that the way they do things bugs the crap out of me. I criticize everything they do. And I also believe that when my girls grow up, they will do the same with me, blame me, and say 'it's all my parents' fault', And that in my opinion is how we grow. How we do better or worse than those before us. We take everything our parents did, and we believe they did it all TO us, instead of realizing that most of what they did was FOR us. We all make millions of mistakes, cross lines that we shouldn't, make choices that will ring on in the future. But the reality is... Atleast for me... EVERYTHING I do, revolves around my babies. EVERY choice I make I ask myself- will this be good for them? And some times, when life is really hard for me I can't seem to make good choices for them. Even though that is the job our heavenly father has given us as mother. To make choices for our children-HIS children, that will help them grow spiritually and make them stronger. To seal their hearts for HIS glory, that no matter what they do in their lives, no matter how far they wander, they will always ALWAYS be able to find their way back. I think maybe you should let go of that bitterness toward your parents and the church you grew up in, we are all hypocrites. We all are sinners in need of mercy and forgiveness. We all say one thing and do another... But now you are who you are. You see what you see and choose what you choose because that was part of your life.

And about prayer, the bible says that God knows what we need before we even pray. I think God knows how to read between the lines, but I also believe it is so important to pray with our brothers and sisters-it strengthens us and brings us closer together spiritually. But I think limiting God's ability to understand his own children is putting God in a box. And... well... God can't fit in any box. ;)

And about your son. Pray! Pray for him, show him the love and sacrifice of our Lord, read the bible to him, so that where ever he goes in his life he will ALWAYS know that God is waiting. Remember one thing, he is GOD'S child put in YOUR care. Because God new YOU would be best for him. I will pray for you. And if I never get to meet you in this life.. I'll see you on the flip side. hehe. :) God bless you sister.

Jennifer02

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Khalen.and.Jennifer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top