I had a dream before i was a chirstian that i was chosen...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I had a dream before i was a chirstian that i was chosen...

Post by rach24 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Back in the year of 2006 when i was 16, i never knew what was to unfold and its now 2010.
How to put this because i'm not that good at writing i'll start with the basics and i would love to know what people think and their experiences :)

2006 - November, was when i found the light and glory of our Lord, about a 6 months before i found Jesus i was walking around in a haze like everyone else, a non believer, always bringing the ppl of god dwn saying it was "stupid" and really i was the one who was stupid. I would bring my friends over to my dads house and say "don't mention jesus, my dad will rave on" little did i know. I was very ignorant.
I always knew there was something about the universe and it would always fascinate me, the weather the clouds, trees, birds, life, EVERYTHING! lol. I knew in my heart there was a bigger force out there and i would always be day dreaming bout it.

Not long after i had found a new interest in "life" had i started having dreams, dreams of the rapture, big explosions in the sky that would make my heart race and my hair stand up on end! I then went to school thinking about it more an more and more.

I believed in god and knew there was something there, but had no idea about jesus but what i read in scripture when i was younger, my dad was a believer and my mum wasnt, i always found adam and eve and the snake interesting even when i was little, mum would tell me about jesus and say "he was just a man" i knew deep down something wasnt adding up.

To cut the long story short i was living in harsh conditions as a child, violence, alcoholic mother who was never home at the age of 8 through till 15. I prayed to god every night that my brother wouldnt attack me in his drug induced rage when mum decided to leave to see her boyfriend for a week straight and i would lock myself away in my caravan till morning.

One night i cried and cried and prayed and prayed that whatever it was that was in the universe that had the power to create this world and my life would step and in take me away from it, and to help me not have any more pain and not live in fear, i was terrified. I knew there was something, and i wanted to be apart of it.

One afternoon i went to my dads house an he had alot of books, i loved reading and loved hearing about stories if we were to live far away on another planet or in another universe, i didnt think much of the books, that night, i hadthe most amazing and terrifying dream as if our Lord himself came down from the heavens and touched me, In the dream i was walking in my hometown park,it was dark, then around the corner a tallish man ran to me quick as anything, i was scared but i felt safe at the same time, i knew this man was not to harm me, i could not see his face, it was blazing white, from his face to his robe, he gave off a hazey glow, it was the brightest thing ive ever seen in my dreams, when he ran up to me he stopped abruptly and faced me, reached out his arm and grasped my shoulder firmly and said "you have been chosen", i stood there amazed...

I woke almost suddenly, as soon as it happened, had goosebumps all over my body and just sat there on my bed confused as anything.

The following day something drove me to my dads house again, the books, i was searching for what this dream meant, one of his friends had dropped off alot of christain panflets and books and a bible, i asked him if i could borrow them, he was delighted, the friend left these to return them another day. God works in mysterious ways, i left the bible as i was still ignorant at this stage. i took home on small 4 page book labelled "a better tommorrow" i think anyway lol. i sat down in my caravan and read all about the future of gods will and what would happen, the horrors of revelation and how ppl were left behind, i cried and cried and i finall found what i was searching for this whole time, Jesus.

The book helped me to announce my love and faith to jesus, and how to accept him in my life. I accepted our loving saviour in november 2006 with open arms, finally feeling relieved i wasnt going to be alone in the universe and that i wouldbe loved and looked after forever. I found life then on an amazing experience, everything had meaning and meant something, i felt "born again". it was truly incredible.

I went back to dads and got the bible and read all about our lord and god and the past and the future.
I hae never looked back although i have had the evil one try and beat me down also in my dreams, of the evil one fighting for me, but i now i am saved by our lords loving grace.

Its now the year 2010 and it has sure been hard this life but i know at the end there will b victory and nothing is done in vain, that dream showed me it was meant to be. i feel i have a thing for dreams, they have shown me so much from seeing the future of my ex, through to when we broke up, all saw in my dreams that is was going to happen.

I dont know how to read many but i know that when evil in my dreams occurs it means im close to god and is trying to get me to go back to the old me. Wont happen, our lord is strong in our hearts and will set us free :) i feel so great sharing this, truly do, i hope to get feed back and other stories about ow ppl found the lord, would really appreciate it :D

Born again believer, Rachael, age 19, 2010.

P.s god works in mysterious ways, the lady i mentioned who dropped off the books? We have never heard from her again, almost as if she vanished...strange stuff. Love be to all of our lords flocks and prayers be with those who are yet to find the love of god.

rach24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I had a dream before i was a chirstian that i was chosen...

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am

Hi Rachael and welcome here!
It is wonderful to read and share our stories of how God captures us! And you know, he continues to do this over and over and over! That is the wonderful part of knowing him. We are not left with that first salvation experience in life...one I never actually had being brought up with Christian parents who taught me from day one. But none-the-less, Jesus has appeared many times and I know he will again. We all grow and go through different circumstances and things in life no matter who our parents were--none of us received unconditional love. Jesus has to constantly come to us to reveal his love, to reveal Himself so that we remain in Him. Although I was brought up a Christian, God had to still break through, he has changed my thinking over and over. How often have I thought "I've got it", only to go a few months, but usually years, and find something about that thinking was wrong. But this is our Lord. Stay on HIM and the rest will keep coming. Hear Jesus, and be careful of a lot of book that have been written. I have thought things to be so right....about the second coming and the devil and all sorts of things taught in many of our churches. But Jesus is always surprising me and clearing my thinking. He will come to you again, this way life is never boring either, life is always lived in expectation (as the disciples and people lived in the NT). We expect him to come to us.....and he does! Just as in your "salvation" moment...you called on Jesus and he came!

Thanks for sharing your testimony. God has brought you out of a lot of pain and hardship for sure. I often think that the harder the life, the greater the amount of grace provided for others in your own life because you know!!
Praise God.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Rachael -

Wow - that is such an amazing testimony!

Bless you, Girl - you have had quite a journey to Christ, haven't you?

Your testimony had me glued to the screen - it is so encouraging for a saved person to hear, but what an awesome experience to share with unbelievers! The way you told it it's obvious you have a gift for sharing Christ.

I'll bet you have had awesome success in the Great Commission for Christ -

Thank you - you lifted my spirits today!

Christina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rach24 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Wow i have never hear anyone say anything like that to me before, that was nice an just lifted my spirits for today! thank you.

I had the lord helping me remember what it was like back then, he showed me how it was and what it was like, so i wouldnt forget how great it was.

I feel i've come back after so many down times and now it feels easier to think clearly. Jesus reminded me about so much, i hope it helps people to come, and i would greatly like to hear more about how other people found our saviour!

My dad used to be an alcoholic, he was a christian as well, born agin believer, he hit downtime back long ago an had a stroke, from all the alcohol abuse, its as if god was warning him. "Come back to the light, your heading down a road where its dangerous" My dad recovered, but developed cancer, but he prays about it and the doctors gave him two years back in 2004 i think, through faith its now 2010. Dad through the downtime is now much better, he is walking with jesus everyday now and heads to church and has nice friends because of our lord.

Its amazing how everything works out as long as we have faith :)
I really appreciate ur posts guys and gals, truly :D

rach24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top