The Marriage Proposal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Marriage Proposal

Post by dem on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

FYI: I am currently a happily married woman.

I dreamt that an African man I knew in the dream, (not in real life) and I were in a bedroom together. He was sitting on the bed and I was laying on my stomach horizontally across the bed next to him facing a window. He had asked me to marry him a while back and I refused. I wasnít physically attracted to him, but I knew he was a good man. He still had the wedding and engagement rings and took them out of his pocket. I couldnít believe he still had them. He asked me to marry him again. I told him I couldnít and he took my hand and put the ring on. I tried to take it off and he insisted that I keep it, and think about it. He told me he would take good care of me, and I wouldnít have to worry about anything. I told him again I couldnít marry him, and he told me he knew why I didnít want to marry him; because I was afraid of the unknown. As soon as he said that, I began crying. He thought I was afraid because I was never married before, and I was afraid of not knowing what to expect from marriage. I told him that he was right that I am afraid of the unknown, but not because Iíve never been married before. I was married once, and I never thought it would end, but it did. He left me, and Iím afraid to get married again, because I donít want the same thing to happen again. I told him if we got married, he would want children, and I would have to stay home and take care of them, because I donít believe in letting someone else take care of them, and I would have to stop working and be totally dependent on him. I told him that I would never allow myself to be totally dependent on a man ever again. At the time in the dream, I had a career, and my own place and was taking care of my children on my own. I think they were older, and in school in the dream (theyíre babies now). The man who wanted to marry me told me he would never leave me, that he would always be there for me, that he would treat me like a queen. He told me that I shouldnít compare him to my former husband. I still didnít want to get married.

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Marriage Proposal

Post by lola21st on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Are you in a season where you're seeking the Lord? Of course, we're always seeking Him but what I mean is that in this dream, it seems like He's seeking you to make a committment but you're reluctant because of what you see as potential limitations. Is He prompting you about something IRL? If so, I think this dream is showing you His commitment and that He's not forgotten you (he's proposing again)....Psalm 103 comes to mind...Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not His benefits...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dem on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Lola, thanks for responding. You are right in what you are seeing in the dream. This is what the LORD revealed to me concerning this dream. The man in the dream is Jesus. We were in the bedroom together which is a place of intimacy. I was laying across the bed facing a window. The window represents a revelation from God. The man who asked me to marry him is Jesus. He wants me to enter a deeper, more committed covenant relationship with Him. When I responded to the man by telling him that I was afraid of the unknown because of being left by a former husband, that represents that my fear of a true commitment to God may result in something unpleasant. The man, Jesus is reassuring me that he will take care of me, that He will never leave me or disappoint me like others have done in my past.

dem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top