Beautiful White Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beautiful White Church

Post by BrooksMom on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 am

Hi, my name is Barbara and I'm totally new to this. I am a Christian and have often thought about what God may be reveiling to me in dreams, but haven't really spent much time looking into it. I had this dream several nights back. I wish I had written everything down! There is something that continues to stand out to me and I can picture it so clearly in my head!

In the dream, I standing in front of a HUGE white church. Everything was extremely white and bright, almost blinding. There was a man on the roof of the church, I only saw the back of him. He had short brown hair and was wearing jeans and a blue shirt. He had a bucket of paint and he went to each window painting it a different color. They were all very bright colors and perfectly painted with no drips or mistakes. He was painting the actual glass, not the wood. As I think of it now, it's so funny that he had one bucket and each time he painted a different color. There was a huge feeling of peace and happiness in this place. I was dreaming this just before the alarm went off and I was so mad when I had to wake up! :-p I never talked with the man and the whole dream was very short. Right before that I had a dream about camping and puppies I think. LOL! I don't think they are related though. BTW - I hate camping! LOL!

Thanks for reading my dream. Go at it! I have no clue what it means, but I just think God is trying to tell me something and I don't want to miss out because it just felt so right! Thanks for your time!

BrooksMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beautiful White Church

Post by BrooksMom on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 am

No takers on this one, huh?

BrooksMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrooksMom on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:44 am

bump :)

BrooksMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 am

I'll pray on this one....nothing yet. I had a dream of someone painting the walls once, but not sure they have the same meaning so I'll pray with you. Maybe because you were woken up early, it isn't all there....??
Good dream! praying

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello,
This is not an interpretation. These are just my thoughts on your dream.
I wonder if your dream could be symbolic of the true church of Jesus Christ?
Your dream recalls to my mind the seven spirits of God from Isaiah 11:2. Each spirit of God also represents a color.
The church "was extremely white and bright." To me this represents "...the spirit of the Lord (pure white light:..." He is on the roof so to me this represents God's spirit as a covering here. Isaiah 30:1 says woe to the rebellious that cover with a covering but not of His spirit (that take counsel [another spirit of God] but not of Him).
Light produces color. Jesus is the light and I believe the man on the roof who is painting the colors on the windows represents Jesus. Windows reveal. By painting the colors on the windows could he be revealing the spirits of God when the spirit of the Lord is the covering? "And the spirit of the Lord (pure white light)..." This pure white light produces; "the spirit of wisdom (red) and understanding (green), the spirit of counsel (blue) and power (cyan), the spirit of knowledge (yellow) and of the fear of the Lord (magenta)."
When we the church have the spirit of the Lord as our covering, we will/should be operating in all of the "colors" (spirits) of God.
Again, these are just my thoughts.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Amen, One Door, I had the same thoughts of the church being the true Church and the man on the roof being Jesus and being a covering.

What a wonderful dream!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 pm

One Door wrote:
And the spirit of the Lord (pure white light)..." This pure white light produces; "the spirit of wisdom (red) and understanding (green), the spirit of counsel (blue) and power (cyan), the spirit of knowledge (yellow) and of the fear of the Lord (magenta)."
When we the church have the spirit of the Lord as our covering, we will/should be operating in all of the "colors" (spirits) of God.

Hi one door,
That's interesting what u wrote above. Do u mind me asking where u got that from? As i've been looking into colours in the bible and haven't been able to find the exact scriptures or references to this. thanks in advance!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 am

I often think of my own life like a glass mosaic. I felt like I've lived so many different lives in so many different places, but when the picture (mosaic) is held up for the light to shine through it reflects ONE beautiful, colourful picture.

Only the creator of the piece of art can do that, the individual glass has no control over its own colour or reflection. The reflection is Jesus in us-His church! That's good one door, I'd be interested in hearing more on the specific colours too.
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrooksMom on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 am

Wow! That is deep! :) I love your view on this One Door! I'm just trying to process it all. I can't get away from what God might be telling me. I just feel very deeply that there is something there I'm supposed to know. I'm also curious where the specific colors are coming from. I'm not finding scriptural references to that, although some people talk about the color of the rainbow symbles of God's spirits.

I am struggling with our church right now. It has grown tremendously over the past year and I feel lost there. I also have been questioning our head pastor and his integrety a bit, and with tithing to our church when they have so much and so many wealthy people who tithe. I feel like maybe we should be tithing somewhere where they truely need it - like an inner city church. At the same time, our church just moved to a new building and is asking for pledges to help with the debt. I know our church is reaching more people now that it is bigger, but in my opinion - our new building is a bit "over the top"! There are so many bells and whistles! I know they are trying to bring more followers to Christ, but I struggle with spending that money when there are pastors in small churches who can barely feed their own families! This has been very heavy on my heart! We recently received some money from family, and I would like to use it as God would want me too and that's been heavy on my heart as well. It's not a lot, but I've been praying about tithing from it and I'm just not getting any feel for where God wants it. :-/

Any thoughts you all may have would be great! I'm grasping at straws here!

BrooksMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 am

Do you think the Lord was showing you what the true church looks like in this dream? He is the one who gave it to you. It is about reflection, perfection, colour, not a building. Where is our focus on life.

Don't waste your time where Jesus isn't reflected!
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:41 pm

traveller wrote:
One Door wrote:
And the spirit of the Lord (pure white light)..." This pure white light produces; "the spirit of wisdom (red) and understanding (green), the spirit of counsel (blue) and power (cyan), the spirit of knowledge (yellow) and of the fear of the Lord (magenta)."

Hi one door,
That's interesting what u wrote above. Do u mind me asking where u got that from? As i've been looking into colours in the bible and haven't been able to find the exact scriptures or references to this. thanks in advance!

Hi Traveller -

Thanks for asking that, I had intended to ask the same question...One Door, could you please let us know?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top