A Very Bad Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Very Bad Dream

Post by Lisa4 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 am

I went back and forth about posting this but decided I needed some answers about it.

In my dream I was at the houseI grew up in. I was on this green couch I remember seeing in old pictures.
(this is the part that really disturbs me) My father was sitting in a chair across from the couch he gets up
and comes over to the couch. He has sex with me. I remember feeling really dirty and thinking that didnt
just happen. I go into the kitchen an start going through the cabinets. I was trying to get breakfast stuff
together. I am feeling horrible. I realize my Uncle is in the other room and had to know what happened.
I wondered why he wasnt saying anything.

I woke up and still felt really awful from the dream. It makes me feel sick and I can't figure out why I would dream something like that.

My father passed away last year.

Lisa4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not an interp for your dream..just ideas to explore

Post by karen on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 pm

I am sorry to hear that your Father passed away last year. Can I ask, was he a believer?

Also remember about intensity of feelings in dreams can be in order to get a msg through to you. Some things can be greatly exaggerated.

I think it was our moderator... Daphanie who gave a post about intense jealousy and a woman with her husband in her dream who was with another woman. It turned out to be symbolic for something else, but her feelings in the dream were extremely intense.

God gives peace, so commit any fears, burdens about this dream to Him.

If you are having some dreams about having 'intimate relations' and this is not an area of struggle for you, could that have a symbolic meaning about family relationships?

A few ideas....alternatives below

That is one possibility for what this type of dream can be about...... There is also the possibility of coming into agreement with the sort of spirit that is on that person....

Another thought...the enemy will try to throw dreams of temptation out there to try and get us to entertain thoughts and feelings that we shouldn't be having... If you feel this way, it's a sure thing it's not from God... For he is not a tempter.... If you look closely and you see an alternative route to the situation revolving around the dream... That's another confirmation that it's not God... He will always provide an out when we are tempted by the evil one... We are to always test every spirit... Part of that testing is to know the character of God.

With dream interps, rarely are these type of dreams about literal sexual themes in the natural realm. Many times these type dreams are about our personal relationship with HIM...

Almost everyone who has a dream of this nature is embarrassed or at the very least, uncomfortable sharing it. Perhaps due to the intimate nature of the dream, we tend to personalize it (let flesh get in the way) instead of seeing it with our spiritual eyes as we do other dreams.

S_exual relations in a dream could represent spiritual adultery and indicate we have allowed someone/something to take first place in our lives...where the Lord should be. This might be personal and/or corporate. Corporately, it could represent 'tradition' in the church. On a more personal level, it could represent a job, a sport or hobby, a spouse or even one's own child...basically anything that might become an idol in one's life.

It could represent a covenant relationship in a positive or negative sense. It could be a warning certainly, but could actually be an encouragement depending, of course, on the context of the dream.

All too often, we try to make a dream 'fit' with our personal circumstances/situations in the natural and fail to see the spiritual implications.

Just some general ideas for you to mull over in order to get an insight into your dream

Last edited by lola21st on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : website guidelines - no external dream references)

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Very Bad Dream

Post by Lisa4 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Thank you for your reply. My father was a preacher. My childhood years were not the best so I don't know if my dream has anything to do with that or not.

Lisa4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Lisa what a precious baby you have as your profile pic!

Well, I am new to dream interpretations and I am learning to interpret my own dreams, at the same time I am getting insight on others dreams as well. So, disgard whatever that does not agree with your spirit. I read once on here something interesting. Someone said that when you dream of having sex with someone esle it could mean that there is something in their personality that you admire and respect. I thought that was interesting, I don't know how you feel about that with your dream though.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa4 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Thank you, that is my grandson. I guess that could have some bearing. I did go to him when I had questions about the bible, or something I didn't understand. The only thing I can't seem to get is the overwhelming horrible feeling during the dream and right after I woke up.

Lisa4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:36 pm

hiya lisa i didnt take the test.. just had a ques..
is there anything that u did not like about ur dad? like somthng that u really disliked? havin traits that u dislilke about ur dad in u..jus a thought.. nvr mind if wrong . sorry

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 pm

There could be spiritual implications to this dream but it isn't something God would give you unless there was a specific purpose to reveal this act. These are not dreams God gives to show us something about our lives!
I'm not saying your father did this in real life, only you can say that. I'm just saying dreams of sex are common enough but Jesus would not use THIS way to show you something symbolic.
I would pray and ask Him why this came to you. It isn't to be taken lightly but there is also no condemnation. That is covered.
Praying with you,
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top