A possible warning dream, volcanic ash, ice age the cross and hospitals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A possible warning dream, volcanic ash, ice age the cross and hospitals

Post by gordie1 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 am

Hi there i had this really weird dream. sorry if this is a bit long but I really think it is from God. I dreamt I was in my old childhood home and my sister came in from the garden and told me that there had been a party and brought in 2 empty bottles of champagne, my father then asked me to go to the shops and get a paper and some bread and to take the car but to go in fourth gear and not reverse when coming out of the drive otherwise people might hit me. He told me to be back by 930pm I told him I didnt care about other people. I then put a cat on my shoulder and it clinged on to me and I left refusing to take the car as my brother told him not to let me take the car as I could not drive but that did not seem to worry my brother. I got a bus and ended up in another part of town and I went to a house where there was a young woman and a daughter about 8 years old and she was upset about the damp she had in her house and on the television there was a programme on about volcanic ash in iceland and the presenter said it was going to get worse and that we were going to get a glacier and then another reporter said there was an ice age coming to Scotland. I went downstairs and there was a man playing a guitar and 2 people broke into the house and took the mother away with the child and told her that she was going home with them, she left making a fuss. I then left the house carrying a cross with the way written on it and I was going to take one road but a voice told me to take another road and I ended up in a place called bridge end. And I ran to get a bus and I banged on the roof of it with my cross but it did not stop and I asked a couple if this was the way into town and they replied you know it is. Next I ended up in the accident and emergency unit of the hospital and I was being wired up for an ecg and I said I had shoulder pain and the nurse said it was best to get it checked out (in real life I had an ecg that was normal last week) All of a sudden a man appeared looking like an angel with white hair that was shockingly white and I tried to work out if he was an angel or a demon I couldnt work it out. I asked him should I be worried and he said yes definitely. Then I was moved I asked a porter where and I was told it was radiology to see if I had appendicitis but then a nurse came and looked at a swelling on my leg and said it was a dvt. My parents came in and a nurse told them I was being moved to oncology. I woke up then Do you think this could be some kind of warning dream from God? AS

gordie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A possible warning dream, volcanic ash, ice age the cross and hospitals

Post by karen on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 am

Okay Gordie, first may I say, I have not taken the dream interpretation test. Secondly please test what I am saying for yourself, prayerfully, calmly and meditatively. In peace.

I was flooded with imagery and feelings when I read your dream. (only read it the once) So I will share what I see and feel.

The overall feeling from me, is that you will have to 'work' for yourself on this dream to peel off the layers. This is very important if you want to make progress.

I have the impression of 'Wood', and the word Kalipsis. In the Greek it means 'outer covering'. Like in the sense of bark covering a tree, skin covering a body. Apo means to 'take away, or remove'. If you put the two words together, you get 'Apocalypse' in English. Apo-kalipsis in the Greek. Which is the name of the book of Revelation. 'To reveal or uncover'.

I do not think you have to read the book of Revelation, or that the dream is necessarily to do with End Times, but that unveiling, revealing and removal of the scales off of the inner eyes of your understanding is involved throughout the many layers of this dream. I am merely starting the process for you. As I am only highlighting some of the symbols and themes of your dream, as I wrote them down.

Are you with me so far?

Please remember, it is YOUR dream, and if something does not bear witness with it, then throw it out.

When I was reading your dream towards the end, I sat and waited and saw 'wood grain', and knew it needed to be smoothed out some more, as in 'sanded' with sandpaper. I felt that to get it smooth and pleasureable to the touch was most important. So I guess this is about ironing out rough spots in your thinking and understanding of particular issue or issues. I also sensed a strong need for answers...seeking. God says, seek me and you will find me when you search for me with all of your heart. I don't know what you have been praying for, but you are definately being answered.

Hi there i had this really weird dream. sorry if this is a bit long but I really think it is from God. I dreamt I was in my old childhood home and my sister came in from the garden and told me that there had been a party and brought in 2 empty bottles of champagne,

The two empty bottles signified to me a victory, but they were empty and I thought of a 'hollow victory'. Does that ring any bells with you? (Remember that usually when we dream about our homes, it is symbolic of us.)

, my father then asked me to go to the shops and get a paper and some bread and to take the car but to go in fourth gear and not reverse when coming out of the drive otherwise people might hit me. He told me to be back by 930pm

Here this scripture jumped out at me 1 Kings 13...you may want to read the whole chapter. It speak of the 'Message of the man of God and the Death of the Man of God'

God is the Father speaking to you in the dream.

I told him I didnt care about other people. I then put a cat on my shoulder and it clinged on to me and I left refusing to take the car as my brother told him not to let me take the car as I could not drive but that did not seem to worry my brother. I got a bus and ended up in another part of town

When you study and meditate on the above scripture, note the contrast. The prophet who WAS a man of God set off obediently with SPECIFIC instructions from God. He CHOSE nevertheless to depart from them. He was deceived by a man of God who had lied to him and it cost him his life. He was a believer and so was the other prophet. Sometimes we have to stand, and stand alone in what God has given us to do for a season.

In your dream, slower progress was made, once you chose to go on the bus. A bus also makes stops and takes and indirect route to your destination in life.

It is interesting to note, that you said you did not care about other people in your dream. I question if this means in terms of not caring what others may think in order to follow God's instructions in your life? Or being 'plain old selfish' with inner motives, which is not core to our faith. Only you know the answer.

Remember we are called to love, first God, then our neighbour as ourselves. Our lives and ministries are not simply about us, but God and others too.

As for the cat 'clinging' to you. Can it represent withcraft? Or perhaps a friendship to which you cling that perhaps you feel is faithful like the pet? Friendship is always two way and not one way.

and I went to a house where there was a young woman and a daughter about 8 years old and she was upset about the damp she had in her house and on the television there was a programme on about volcanic ash in iceland and the presenter said it was going to get worse and that we were going to get a glacier and then another reporter said there was an ice age coming to Scotland. I went downstairs and there was a man playing a guitar and 2 people broke into the house and took the mother away with the child and told her that she was going home with them, she left making a fuss.

Here I do not have an interp for all of the busy activity in your dream symbols. However, the overwhelming feeling is of anxiety. (Biblical definition of anxiety = A divided mind) Perhaps you need to make a decision in order for the peace of God to return and establish/settle your heart on an issue? The news reports to me represent worry.

The mum and baby were taken away. That is important. (sometimes a woman can represent the church - you will have to work this one out)

I then left the house carrying a cross with the way written on it and I was going to take one road but a voice told me to take another road and I ended up in a place called bridge end. And I ran to get a bus and I banged on the roof of it with my cross but it did not stop and I asked a couple if this was the way into town and they replied you know it is

Here is a literal symbol. The Way of the Cross. Again for emphasis in your dream, the theme is repeated of 1 Kings 13. Obey and follow God, or choose your own way. Which ends up at the end of a bridge. (Also Bridgend is a place in Wales)

As for the bridge. I ask the question end of what? It is such a 'busy' dream and at this point I have lots of questions, as I seek an answer on your behalf. I wonder about effective faith vs busyness of church life with no power of the Holy Spirit. Where is Jesus? The cross is empty and we are here to do His will. yet, the 'banging on about the cross'....is that religion? Slow paced, and not really leading anywhere on the top of a bus?

Also did Jesus not say to His disciplined ones...(Disciples) 'the way you know.'

Again, you will have to go over the symbols for youself Gordie as it is YOUR DREAM.

I will ask you to ask yourself, 'What is your dream for yourself in God?' Maybe you should pray and ask Father?

At this point in reading your dream ISAIAH 10:27 jumps out at me.

[sup]27 It shall come to pass in that day
That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder,
And his yoke from your neck,
And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.
[/sup]

The shoulder is where you carry the cross...

I then ask, what is your mission in life, your call, and where is the demonstration of the power of God being loosed in your life, and the lives of others.

That burden removing, yoke destroying power, could certainly kick that cat off of your shoulder if it did represent witchcraft! (Just a thought)

. Next I ended up in the accident and emergency unit of the hospital and I was being wired up for an ecg and I said I had shoulder pain and the nurse said it was best to get it checked out (in real life I had an ecg that was normal last week) All of a sudden a man appeared looking like an angel with white hair that was shockingly white and I tried to work out if he was an angel or a demon I couldnt work it out. I asked him should I be worried and he said yes definitely. Then I was moved I asked a porter where and I was told it was radiology to see if I had appendicitis but then a nurse came and looked at a swelling on my leg and said it was a dvt. My parents came in and a nurse told them I was being moved to oncology. I woke up then Do you think this could be some kind of warning dream from God? AS

Okay now the worry crescendoes...cancers/blood clots/appendicitis/sickness and disease/Oncology unit

Do you ever wonder about healing ministry? Is it for you, something that God is getting you to think about? The power for that resides in you in the form of the Anointing from the Holy Spirit. To use it though, you would have to be willing and obedient and follow instructions. Sensitive to the things of God. This could require you to separate and leave comfort zones behind. (the cat?)
Also if the car represents direction in life, and ministry, then is there a Christian brother or 'mindset' which tells you that ...'you can't ??

Like I said, please weigh it all up, and don't be afraid.

Bless you Gordie.

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top