Attempted rape in a dream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attempted rape in a dream?

Post by cbanda on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:27 am

I had a dream last night, I was lying in my room in the home where I grew up, I believe I was on the top bunk of a double decker bed. Suddenly I turned in my sleep and there was this man that I didn't know, trying to sleep with me. It felt SO real, it was weird. I tried hard to fight him off and when I bit him in self-defense, his skin was kind of spongy so I told myself, "this is not reality, this is a dream." I fought him off, tried to call my sister but she didn't hear me, so I ran to my parents' room to tell them someone had tried to rape me. It turned out this person was a friend of another sister of mine and she had brought him into the house. The dream continued and eventually I was casting a lying spirit out of this man but what does that rape part mean? I was looking at a Facebook group that is anti-rape yesterday but...?

Thankx

cbanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Attempted rape in a dream?

Post by karen on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 am

Chanda it is possible that what you were looking at previously, was brought into your dream symbolism, which is why we must be careful of what we allow into our eye gates, ear gates etc and get down into our hearts.

but what does that rape part mean? I was looking at a Facebook group that is anti-rape yesterday but...?

On the other hand, it would never hurt to pray Isaiah 54:17 that no weapon formed against you will prosper and loose Angels to guide you in the future. (common sense with no fear)

I had a dream last night, I was lying in my room in the home where I grew up, I believe I was on the top bunk of a double decker bed. Suddenly I turned in my sleep and there was this man that I didn't know, trying to sleep with me. It felt SO real, it was weird. I tried hard to fight him off and when I bit him in self-defense, his skin was kind of spongy so I told myself, "this is not reality, this is a dream."

A room where you grew up. Was this symbolic of you and your past? Remember if it is about a home, that usually represents the dreamer. Although you were active in this dream, where you watching it occur at the same time? Like in more than one place at once?

"this is not reality, this is a dream."

Here you need to change your thinking. The reality is, that you are a speaking spirit who lives in a body and possesses a soul. You communicate with the physical realm with your physical senses, and the spiritual with your spirit. Simultaneously.

The only true realm, is the realm of the Spirit for believer and non-believers alike. Adjust your thinking a little here. God speaks in Spirit and in Truth. We are re-created and function this way now as born-again believers, instead of floundering about in the darkness of unbelief within a spiritual realm.

It felt SO real, it was weird. I tried hard to fight him off and when I bit him in self-defense, his skin was kind of spongy so I told myself, "this is not reality, this is a dream." I fought him off, tried to call my sister but she didn't hear me, so I ran to my parents' room to tell them someone had tried to rape me. It turned out this person was a friend of another sister of mine and she had brought him into the house. The dream continued and eventually I was casting a lying spirit out of this man

It felt so real. You fought, as in warfare, recognising a demon/strongman. You even had it identified as a 'lying spirit'. To tell lies, or to lie with another? Remember that symbolism can be literal.

Is there someone around your sister whom you do not trust?, or need to pray about on her behalf? Or could that represent a 'sister' in Christ? Speak to God and wait for your answer and then take authority as the sisters in the dream were not as 'clued up' to this activity as you were.

If I am way off, no worries, reject what I have written.

Yours in Him...

karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top