Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lola21st

False Prophet - Josue Tortula

Hello Saints!

As you know, in February we put together a dream accuracy test designed to identify those individuals who can reliably interpret dreams on a consistent basis in an attempt to rid the forum of individuals who provide interpretations that they claim are of God but in truth are inaccurate. Several individuals took the test but unfortunately none of them passed. We recognize that there are aspects of this testing process that can be improved so as Daphanie02 mentioned in her announcement last month, it's 'back to the drawing board".

In the meantime, it has become apparent that we have a member who is not only giving inaccurate interpretations but also is interpreting and providing advice based on ideas that are not Biblical. We have seen a few comments/suggestions come from Josue Tortula that have a New Age tone to them and have asked him on several occasions to make sure that he's basing his statements on Christian beliefs to no avail. Based on a recent intepretation of his that is clearly not Biblical concernng reincarnation, I am led to alert all members that this type of interpretation is not simply that of someone new to Christian dream interpretation and is still learning how to interpret dreams but rather is that of someone who holds false beliefs yet presents them as Christian. Given his responses to posts and PMs that challenge his thinking, it is reasonable to conclude that Josue's case is a case of differing beliefs, i.e., false teaching rather than of receiving bad teaching naively. Thus, I have asked Josue to refrain from making any more interpretations or sharing advice because we can't trust that his input will be Christian based.

Please do not receive any prophecy from Josue because he does not speak from God.

I would also like to emphasize that it is not our practice to call people out by name. We have typically handled individual situations behind the scenes via PMs successfully. We don't want to create an environment that is discouraging or intimidating to individuals who are new to dream interpretation where they have to fear being called out , we want them to continue to post that which they feel the Lord has given them to share as long as it is made clear that they are new to interpreting. But in this case, the dynamics are a bit different because the individual in question has been defiant in receiving instruction by the adminstrators AND because the infringement goes against the whole basis for the site's existence which has the real potential to do harm spiritually to anyone here who receives an interpretation from him. That can't be allowed to happen otherwise we are as irresponsible to God (if not more) by permitting false prophecy to take place on the site.

In the meantime, I would like to ask everyone to keep Josue in their prayers so that the scales be removed from his eyes and he is able to see Truth. Also, once again please remember always to test the spirits - we don't always know who is a prophet and who is not a prophet except by their fruit. Only over time will it become apparent as it is in this case.

Thanks and may God richly bless you.

I feel very uncomfortable with this thread. I think you should have gioven us examples of what is a New Age response to a dream and the kind of thing that might be dodgy, but publicly ostracising some-one is just wrong.

The poor boy may have been on a spiritual quest and was misguided, now you've publicly humiliated him and put him off trying to spend time with the children of God. Not good.

GoldenEagle, Trust me, if you had been following All of what he had been posting And how he responded to requests and us telling him what is wrong and right... you would know that he was not interested in the Truth of God's word. He's been warned on Several occasions...

You can find him and read all that he's posted if you want and you'll see what I mean

Josue loved to tell people they had past lives, and other non biblical baloney.

GoldenEagle -

I can understand your discomfort if you've not read his posts. But as Hind'sfeet stated, I would suggest that you find his member name, click on his profile and then click on the "Posts" link. As you follow his interpretations and responses, the problem will be become very apparent. He has been given several opportunities to discuss these beliefs but it also became clear that this was not a situation where someone was a young Christian who came under bad teaching.

It also wasn't comfortable for me to publicly and specifically call someone out. This is not how we operate on this site. But when someone repeatedly states things that are unbiblical, brushes off the opportunity to discuss these matters both in posts and in PMs from moderators, and continues despite several warnings from the Administrators to make sure that his interpretations and advice are Bible based, then we have a responsibility to you and the other members, especially newer members who haven't seen his previous posts so may not see immediately that he's passing on unChristian beliefs, to warn you to tread lightly when interacting with him.

Most importantly, I don't do anything drastic related to this site unless the Lord leads me to do it. And that was the case in this case. The only way to address this situation effectively and swiftly before anyone else was given false information was to post in such a way that any new member would see the announcement from whereever they are. My hope is that I won't have to do this again, but if the Lord directs that it must be so, then it will be so...

Lola, as I was reading your reply

"It also wasn't comfortable for me to publicly and specifically call
someone out. This is not how we operate on this site. But when someone
repeatedly states things that are unbiblical, brushes off the
opportunity to discuss these matters both in posts and in PMs from
moderators, and continues despite several warnings from the
Administrators"

I was hit with a preaching in the Bible:
Matthew 18:15-17 (Amplified Bible)

15If your brother
wrongs you, go and show him his fault, between you and him privately. If
he listens to you, you have won back your brother. 16But if he does not listen,
take along with you one or two others, so that every word may be
confirmed and upheld by the testimony of two or three witnesses.
17If he pays no
attention to them [refusing to listen and obey], tell it to the church;
and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a
pagan and a tax collector.(A)
Then I found this:

2 John 1:10
If someone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite him into your house or encourage him in any way. 11 Anyone who encourages him becomes a partner in his evil work.

Which fits this:

Third, note that the sin committed is personal, that it is against you
(singular). Christ is discussing private offenses and not public sins.
If the sin is committed against you alone, or if you observe a brother
commit a sin in private, then you are required to keep the matter
private and go to your brother, etc. Public sins are handled in a
different manner. A sin that is public and known by the whole church
requires a public rebuke and repentance.
http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/articles/full.asp?id=25||42

I've been a bit out of the loop lately, so when i read this, I can honestly say i'm not surprised. I personally have tried warning Josue and he simply refuses to listen or even respond to my messages. I agree with What Lurdys has said. The scriptures back up everything she has done.

Perhaps it would be wise to remove Josua's dangerous posts? Not all new Christians will read a post titled as this one is. They will be here simply to look at dream interpretation and will not know the terminology "False Prophet".

Praise the Lord, Kiri!

Thanks for the suggestion, that is exactly what I intend to do. thumbs Unfortunately, it will take some time to do it because it's a manual process and I have limited time for the next few days...so this is the next best solution until I'm able to delete all of his posts... Bless You flower