Prophetic Dreams that Don't Mean Much but Are Actually Prophetic

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Prophetic Dreams that Don't Mean Much but Are Actually Prophetic

Post by christi85 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 am

YAY I love it. So true. I've been having so many dreams lately that wind up happening immediately after I have them to some degree or another. Like today for instance. In part of my dream I dreamt of a flight being delayed because of sleet rain. When I woke up there was freezing rain all over our state today.

I eventually came to the conclusion that it was the Lord was getting me used to the fact that I see things before they happen. Which he told me was the case... so I'm not surprised or anything. I suppose what I struggle with is that I don't know anyone else who has these sorts of things happen to them on a regular basis. At least no one who is aware of it anyways. All the more reason to read and post around here I guess :-)

I am new to this. The dreams just started at the beginning of this year. At first I didn't understand them. I just found it strange that suddenly I had begun to have such vivid dreams. Then I had a dream in march that very much got my attention when for the next week everywhere I turned there was something about Christian dream interpretation or biblical examples of the Lord speaking to people in their dreams. That got my attention but I still didn't understand and eventually just laid the dream aside. Then on the 4th of July and 3 nights thereafter He showed me num 12:6 after having a 2nd "I'm trying to get your attention, LOOK!! LOOK!! LOOK!!" dream... Since then I've been paying attention and trying to understand this gift He has given me. I'm sure it will get easier as I go.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:07 am

Experiences like your's were exactly why I created the forum and website.

1.) I had NOBODY I could relate to.

2.) All the other forums interpreted everyone of my dreams incorrectly. I figured if I knew what my dreams meant and I submitted them then I'd know for sure if I could trust them when I didn't know what a dream meant.

It never happened.

Plus all the other Christian dream ministries taught things that were absolutely untrue in my dreams. So, here we are!

I'm glad you are here. You are in like company.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 pm

It does seem rare finding people who dream literal, that's why I am thankfuk for this website. Before this website I use to share my dreams and people use to look at me weird but now I have a support group huggins

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Like this? duh

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Stumbling upon your site was a confirmation for me.
The day when I awoke from that particular dream I turned on my TV and the man was talking about how the Lord was showing up in peoples dreams quite frequently in the middle east and these revelations of Him resulted in many of them converting to Christianity.
That caused me to take notice, "Oh, He's talking to me about dreams again..." So I figured the one I just had was significant and began to write it out. After thinking about it for awhile I googled christian dream interpretation and your site popped up, which was such a blessing in itself because when I had the other dreams and tried to look for help I was not finding anything.
While reading your article on interpreting dreams, I heard a man on the TV say something about "drops of rain," I saw your emphasis on seeking the Lord first and thought, "Yes!! This is what I'm talking about" :-) then, when I saw you describe how for you it's like receiving "drops of rain" I was like yes... this website is for me. Thank you Lord!
Mia, could you please pray for me. I know the Lord is doing something with my life. The Lord has shown me that whatever it is, the enemy isn't happy about it at all. It's very strange. I received a very timely word in January that shed some light on why everything was going crazy. I feel such a kinship with Job it's not even funny... at the bottom of the letter it said, "there are many things going on in your life all at once, you are at a place in life where it is critical that you decide whether you will go with the Creator or let your faith go otherwise. GOD HAS BIG PLANS FOR YOU AND SATAN WILL DO ALL THAT HE CAN TO DESTROY THESE PLANS. YOU ARE AT A CRITICAL CROSSROADS IN YOUR LIFE EVERY DECISION IS IMPORTANT." I had just moved there two days prior. No one knew to reach me there, nor could they have sent the letter in time to reach me that day. It came in the mail on the 2nd of January. Which means it would need to have been in the mail prior to the 30th of December, before the upset occurred that resulted in my sudden move. Not only did I not know anyone who would have sent it, no one knew I was there, let alone my situation. The letter was addressed 'to resident,' it was very specific and timely...

and uhm, then on the 4th of July, in the dream I refereed to regarding num12:6, a gang had stolen my car and began taking it apart like a chop shop... not good. At the end of the dream, Jesus showed up with a glowing sword ready to go to battle for me and take back everything that was stolen from me.

A few weeks ago, my car made it's first appearance in my dreams since. I was sitting in it on my driveway. An ambulance flew down the road behind my car in the direction of where it had been taken on the dream I had on the 4th. I've been clinging to the Lord and I know he's on the case. It's just been very rough because of how much was taken and how slow everything is going.

On oct. 28th the Lord gave me 2 samuel 30 3x in the same day and has been speaking that word consistently ever since. Praise God! "David Recovered all, nothing missing..."

Everything I've been going through has been very spiritual in nature. I am sort of weary of speaking to anyone about it that is not familiar with these sort of things. I can't wait til I "recover all" because the things that have been happening are so amazing... I want to be able to properly articulate my testimony to others.

Also, I have a question for you... in your experience... what is the significance when a particular scripture shows up in your dreams? For instance last night I had a dream where a man told me he wanted to give me Micah 4:12. I read it this morning and I was like YAY :-) Israel's return from exile!
11 But now many nations
are gathered against you.
They say, “Let her be defiled,
let our eyes gloat over Zion!”
12 But they do not know
the thoughts of the LORD;
they do not understand his plan,
that he has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor.
13 “Rise and thresh, Daughter Zion,
for I will give you horns of iron;
I will give you hooves of bronze,
and you will break to pieces many nations.”
You will devote their ill-gotten gains to the LORD,
their wealth to the Lord of all the earth.

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 pm

When a scripture shows up in my dreams it is very specifically for me and I take it at plain face value. It is definitely from God.

Honey, your dreams are absolutely crystal clear that you are going to recover everything. Just rest and trust God. Even though you feel like Job, take comfort that you know the ending already. Take comfort in God's goodness.

I pray that the Lord send you everything you need to get through this time. The Lord had me pray for a student of the Virginia Tech shootings and He had me pray for the same things that I feel led to pray for you: Wisdom in your decisions and courage to go through the fight. After praying for her we read that everything that we prayed, when we prayed the morning of the shooting prior to it happening, was later reported to congress about the bravery and courage of this girl.
Don't worry. He's sent word in advance that you come out on top.

Love,

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm

In response to the support group comments, happy dance
-lol- exactly... it's funny I've gotten a little more courage about it recently and have told a few different people about a few things... and their response has been the exact opposite of what I thought it would be. I feel like each time I shared, I heard Him say... "see, I told you it wouldn't be so bad... just trust me..."

They have been very curious to know more. What stinks about it is that they want answers from me, that I don't have for them.

I feel like the Lord has given me these dreams as a sign for unbelievers to get closer to him... but it's kind of like they see it more as a neat phenomena rather than invitation from the Lord to get to know this God who cares about them enough to bug me in my dreams on their behalf -lol- j/k I don't see it as bugging... I feel very honored.

However, I don't think it's unique... I think the Lord would speak to them directly if they would just seek Him diligently with all their hearts. I mean if it were me and someone told me something about myself they couldn't possibly have known. I think I would be a little more apt to take notice, like the woman at the well, but I guess that's why the Lord speaks about signs and wonders frequently being of no importance to people. After all, look at all the amazing things He did right before their eyes... and even his own disciples had difficulty believing him at times... Jesus is so smart :-)

Mia, thank you so much for your prayers. They mean a lot. It's interesting that you mention Virginia Tech. My friend, Ryan Clark, was the RA who was killed that morning when he went to the defense of the first student who was shot, before the shooter left to go and kill the other students. :-(

I am grateful that the Lord has folks like you, who have received His gift and allowed themselves to be used by Him for His purposes. Prayers are powerful and I am thankful to have yours :-)
:hooray:

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I felt that it was strange that I felt led to use that example. I almost took it out but felt like it was meant to be there.

God literally put me there in a classroom fighting for what felt like my life at 3 am in the morning before it happened. I was fighting literally to keep that man out of classroom so trust me when I say I can totally relate to your pain.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by christi85 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 pm

you were led correctly :-)

After reading your post I went to the website to read the article you wrote about Virginia tech. It makes a lot of sense why you were led to pray those things. At first, I tried to tell myself that all these supernatural happenings would be normal to any Christian who truly believed, even when it didn't make sense, and made the choice to put EVERYTHING in his hands. I figured, the Lord loves all of us and if it's in that book and He tells us its normal then it ought to be normal in life of every believer.

However, I know He gives the gifts of the Spirit in certain measures proportionate to His good and perfect will for our lives. The more I try to understand how 'normal' the things that have been happening in my life are, the more I realize they aren't so common place within the body. I suppose this is why I've come under such inexplicable opposition. However, I've also had plenty of help from the Lord to overcome much of what's been happening. I'm just ready to enter into peace in every area (as every area has been under attack all at once) so that I can better understand all of this and hear the Lord as clear as I used to.

Last edited by christi85 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to delete the video :))

christi85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 am

When I tried to play it, it said this contains content from UMG that is not available.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:45 am

this was great. I have dreams and then I have "God dreams" I know when it is from God or when it is a regular dream...God does this "thing" that I can tell. It doesnt feel like a regular dream when it is God....It is profound and bigger than life...it commands attention.

As I was reading your lesson, I was thinking that probably a good many of the dreams posted pass the criteria for "regular dream"...

Still your stand true encouragement to always seek God for the translation...(when there is one) is good. I need to (and others who are "learning and practicing" to assist others in seeking the meaning to their dreams), Need to pray about that as well.

What I mean is, each of us experiences God's nudging in a different way, and we must all find that communiation with God through our relationship with Him.... love this teaching Mia...thought provoking. God is exciting!!! Thank you for sharing what you know with us.

Last edited by Linda Irish on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

I was referring to you lesson Mia(when I sad this was great) . In regard to the topic about the experience in interceding for Virginia Tech, I have been awakended to interceded for others in danger before, several times for women who were in danger, being followed, victims of violence, and even one woman in a laundromat that was being chased by a guy with a knife. It is heart pounding real. Thankfully you were sensitive and obedient to the Holy Spirit. Praise God. I also want to tell you again that I am so thankful that you take the time to teach others how to understand what (and when) God is talking to us. God Bless.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top